This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

Gretchen's abridgement & more...

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kasia (new)

Kasia I need it bad! It's like an onslaught of red flags: Between here and the other group I have over 40 threads to catch up on (and lately it's like that everytime I log on to GR). My feeble mind just cannot cope with such huge amount of data. I get confused and post stuff in all the wrong places and confuse myself even more!! Help Gretchen! Help. You seem to be on top of it all... I need to get an overview of what's going on.

And BTW, what possessed you people to post all at once??!!

message 2: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell So Gretchen is to Kasia what Alfonso is to Amanda?

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Dave wrote: "So Gretchen is to Kasia what Alfonso is to Amanda?"

So… they ex good read lovers???? Can we get access to the private messages… pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

message 4: by smetchie (last edited May 01, 2009 04:40PM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Alfonso and Amanda are ex goodreads lovers??

does anyone else have to keep strict control over their fingers to keep from talking back to Alfonso with the same accent? I have the infuriating habit of mirroring back the accents of people I'm talking to. Interesting that it wants to carry over into my typing.

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Kasia wrote: "I need it bad! It's like an onslaught of red flags: Between here and the other group I have over 40 threads to catch up on (and lately it's like that everytime I log on to GR). My feeble mind just ..."

Kasia what's the other group?

message 6: by Kasia (new)

Kasia My smut group... But why am I the one answering questions here? An update Gretch, remember?! I'll take even a half-ass, incomplete one... I'm easy to please like that.

message 7: by smetchie (last edited May 02, 2009 03:49PM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Alright Kasia. I don't know why I'm doing this because you've been here the whole time but here you go.

Someone woke Nick up at 6:30am on his day off and transferred him south.

Bunny put all her torture equipment on the curb for free, except the Iron Maiden, and agreed to let me be her assistant.

Lori got pissed that her group members are starting their own groups and smugly inviting her to them.

You and Tom had some thread about Rusty's avatar and I didn't understand any of it.

Sarah doesn't like being short but Bunny likes little teapots.

You asked Nick to treat your behind with belts and razor blades.

I learned what BDSM stands for.

Some kid showed up.

Nick was trying to get a lesbian love scene going, like always, and Bunny wrote a christmas carol about it.

Bunny and Doni gave us deja vu about men having/not having bad sex.

You learned not to date on Goodreads.

Member grew a beard in highschool and wrote a poll about us making threads over the weekend.

VJ showed up and posted things in code that I don't understand.

Alfonso wrote a deviant, sexist poll and ignored MY questions about papaya-fucking but got mad at his friend for not answering HIS questions about baseball.

Sarah made some cupcakes.

Rusty misses his yearbook, or doesn't, but wishes he could post fucked up pictures of people? I'm not sure on this one.

message 8: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell And Gretchen ignored me.

message 9: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Dave dropped his usual one liners, talked economics with VJ, told Sarah that snails are actually gastropods, and asked what DM means. (It means Deleted Member but we call him "Member" or "D Member" here.)

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori Excellent, I needed one too! Didn't we decide that Alfonso needed to do a weekly update? I think Gretchen could relieve him. Because I also get intimidated when there are so many red marks of high numbers on so many threads. I give up and slink away.

message 11: by Kasia (new)

Kasia That's perfect Gretchen, inspires awe!!! Just one thing: where do you figure into it? You've plucked me in a lot, but left yourself out... and why is that?

Oh and when it comes to dating on GR, it's Tambocia who did all the learning. I just listened, and observed, and volunteered my torture devices...

message 12: by Kasia (new)

Kasia And Gretchen, you still don't know why you did this? Come on... you did this because:

- I asked
- it was time
- I needed it, some of this stuff was lost on me
- you're good at it
- you've left Dave out and now he's bitching about it, yay! Should do that more often.
- it's weekend
- you've got to type "Member" yet once again
- it's fun

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Alfonso and Amanda were goodreads lovers last summer/fall. Remember--Alfonso is the strangest thing I've ever thought about while masturbating. It's right there in the poll!

Awwww, now I miss Alfonso. :(

message 14: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Ha! Really? Which poll?

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) The one about masturbating... Hmmm... I'll see if I can find it.

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/10...

Fantastic abridgment, by the way, Gretchen! The Haters Club is so easy to keep up with now...!!!

message 17: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Kasia wrote: "And Gretchen, you still don't know why you did this? Come on... you did this because:

- I asked
- it was time
- I needed it, some of this stuff was lost on me
- you're good at it
- you've left Dav..."

I did it because you asked and I wanted to type Member.

message 18: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Amanda wrote: "The one about masturbating... Hmmm... I'll see if I can find it."

"death people" was my favorite.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Whoa, I need to go,............ over there now.

message 20: by Kasia (new)

Kasia So did you .............. over there by now?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Gretchen wrote: "does anyone else have to keep strict control over their fingers to keep from talking back to Alfonso with the same accent? I have the infuriating habit..."

He sounds completely different than I had imagined. Both his accent and his voice tone surprised me.

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori Details details.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments I wonder how Gretchen thinks I sound like…

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments p.s. you can mock my accent anytime you want to darling… when I bitch about people mocking is cuz they OD… as I said before once or twice is ok… after 20 minutes of somebody talking like me I get annoyed and stop talking =)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Lori wrote: "Details details."

Hmmm? What sort?

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments ermmm, here gretchen never say i never did nothing for you =) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-LdAs...

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Oh wow! Part of me thinks that video is the sweetest thing Alfonso has ever done. And another part of me is pissed that I'm no longer in the super exclusive club of people who have heard Alfonso's voice.

It's the best when he says, "mi darling." But "platanos" takes a close second!

message 28: by Lori (new)

Lori HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Fonse I loved that! And my goodness, you do sound sexy! Far better with your English than your writing indicates. You sound like an intellectual too.

Sarah I was wondering how his voice surprised you - what you had been expecting vs what is. Still curious.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I've never known any Dominicans, so my experience with Latino accents is mostly Mexican. I imagined him that way and also more gruff.

I took that picture of Alfonso in the video! I'm famous photographer.

message 30: by Lori (new)

Lori Beautiful camera angle Sarah!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. It's called 5'3" @ 6'2".

message 32: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu Member. Heh.

Alfonso has a smooth voice. He should be on the radio.

message 33: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I've never actually imagined your voice, Alfonso. For some reason I don't imagine anyone's voice while I'm reading their posts. And I would NEVER mock your accent! It's just that I nearly automatically type back to you in the same style. woe is me, i'm on vacation on a computer w/no speakers.

message 34: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I would TOTALLY mock Alfonso's accent, if it weren't so obvious, so easy. If it ever improves, the mockery will ensue.

message 35: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments ah ha! i hooked up some headphones. duh! Alfonso you do have a very nice voice/accent. THANK YOU for that!!

message 36: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Ha! I saw that. So COOl.