Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Shadow of a Doubt

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed | 217 comments Mod
Just saw this tonight...must be a film noir weekend. lol. This supposedly is Hitchcock's favorite. I really love Joseph Cotton in this one...so evil and smooth. Charlie's father and friend are classics as well...discussing the perfect murder.

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert | 51 comments Not a particular relavant comment..but I learned how to blow smoke rings from watching Joseph Cotten in this film. A great film, nonetheless.

message 3: by Alison (last edited Jan 26, 2008 09:20PM) (new)

Alison I'm envious...Ed's having his own film festival. I enjoyed this one...I think Hitch liked the idea of evil comes to the small town...everything's not as it seems. Or, how close is the line between being safe, and really being in danger. Ed, I recommend Strangers on a Train for sometime, if you haven't seen it already. It's another good one.

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacy_g_k) Shadow of a Doubt is great. The first time I saw it was in college while I was taking a film class. My professor went into the idea of the dopleganger (sp.) Anyway, I've been working on my Netflix queue and have some film noir on it and would love more suggestions . . . .