Movies We've Just Watched discussion

La Vie En Rose

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barb (new)

Barb | 6 comments The story of french singer Edith Piaf. Marion Cotillard is nominated for an Academy Award for her role. She is spectacular in this role, although the movie is hard to follow (and entirely in French!).

message 2: by Nada (new)

Nada (Nusch) | 6 comments I think the film was true to Piaf's spirit: it was as chaotic as her life must have been. and Marion Cotillard's performance was transcendent.

message 3: by Miss (new)

Miss | 7 comments I can't wait to see this movie!

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen An incredible film, incredible music and performances. Not only was Marion Cotillard wonderful, but the actors who played young Edith were amazing. The film is nominated for several Oscars, won quite a few BAFTA's and countless film festival awards. I'm hoping Cotillard wins the Oscar, she deserves it.

The music...I can't even describe how wonderful all if it is. For a long time, whenever I needed a pick-me-up I would put on something by Edith Piaf and be transported to Paris.

message 5: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 362 comments I thought that this movie was extremely well done. I loved the easy slip from the past to the present. The acting was top notch as well as the sound track. Highly recommended.