Challenge: 50 Books discussion

*Retired* 2008 Lists > Chelsea's Books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Cripps My books so far this year:

-The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
-The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon (reread)
-Affinity by Sarah Waters

I feel like I am forgetting something...

Also, is this the official forum for posting books in this group or is there some other way to add books to my list?

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Cripps Book #4 for 2008
"Getting Back" by William Dietrich

It wasn't really what I expected it to be (I didn't know it was a futuristic novel) but I'm glad I finished it anyway. It was entertaining, and has just slightly more depth than your typical paperback fluff stuff.

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Cripps #5 Departures by Elizabeth Oness
#6 Rachel and Leah by Orson Scott Card

message 4: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Cripps #7- "The Dashwood Sisters' Secrets of Love" by Rosie Rushton

#8- "The Weight of Water" by Anita Shreve

message 5: by Judith (new)

Judith (jloucks) How did you like "The Weight of Water"? I like this author but have not read that one. What else have you read by her? I really liked "The Pilot's Wife"

Did you like "The Great Gatsby"? I have to admit its one of my favorites though I know that Fitzgerald does not resonate with everyone. I liked everything he has ever done though.

message 6: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Cripps I LOVED "The Weight of Water." She's one of my favorite authors and this was one of my favrite books by her.
I was incredibly unimpressed by "The Great Gatsby." But I am really glad I read it because I just finished "The Double Bind" by Chris Bohjalian, which was a wonderful book and much more enjoyable with Gatsby fresh on my mind. Have you read that one?

message 7: by Chelsea (last edited Feb 29, 2008 01:30PM) (new)

Chelsea Cripps #9- "The Revenant" by Michael Punke it was OK. Read it for a book club. Not really my style, but well researched and reasonably well written.

#10- "The Double Bind" by Chris Bohjalian Also read this one for a book club and I was reluctant because Bohjalian is not one of my favorite authors and the plot is very connected to that of "The Great Gatsby" which I did not much enjoy. However, this book was a wonderful surprise! I loved it and sped through it in just a couple of days. Very enjoyable.