Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Authors in a tangle: Judy and Dennis Fradin

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments I don't suppose anyone want to have a go at sorting out Judy Fradin/Judith Fradin/Judith Bloom Fradin and her coauthor Dennis Fradin/Dennis B. Fradin/Dennis Brindell Fradin to see if that really is just two people?

(Also, hah: Dennis Brindell Fradin is author #65. That's the lowest I've ever stumbled upon in random librarian work!)

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44985 comments Mod
If no one else tackles it before Sunday, I'll give it a go.

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments Douglas Adams is #4.

Dennis Fradin (aka Dennis Brindell Fradin) is credited with over 300 books, predominantly young reader books about history. He's writing a series for National Geographic about natural disasters with his wife, Judy.

From glancing through the lists, it certainly appears that these variants all do represent the same people. The tricky question is what should the official name in GR be? I lean toward the full names (Judith Bloom Fradin and Dennis Brindell Fradin); there's inconsistency across different book covers, but since they have been known to publish using the full names I would stick with them as most specific in the off chance some additional Fradin's pop up in the future.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44985 comments Mod
This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For wrote: "I lean toward the full names (Judith Bloom Fradin and Dennis Brindell Fradin); there's inconsistency across different book covers, but since they have been known to publish using the full names I would stick with them"

Agreed.