Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Succubus Blues (spoilers for the series!)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Stav (new)

Stav (voliotisa) | 291 comments lol....I like your enthusiasm...have you read the other books as well?

Truthfully, I'm more of a Carter fan.

message 2: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments I love Carter! You totally DO try to steal my men!

I hope she gives us more of him soon. I want a teensy bit less mystery surrounding that angel.

message 3: by Stav (new)

Stav (voliotisa) | 291 comments Michelle M. wrote: "I love Carter! You totally DO try to steal my men!

I hope she gives us more of him soon. I want a teensy bit less mystery surrounding that angel."

pppfff....

whatever!
I read these books a while back....the only other male character I really liked besides Carter was Roman, till he turned out to be nephilim, and still..he's out there, meaning he's gotta be back in a future book somewhere.

message 4: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 97 comments Yeah, it's all about Carter. I was secretly hoping he's the guy in the dream that Nix showed Georgina even though I know that's not at all likely. I can't wait for Succubus Heat to come out.

message 5: by Pamela, Moderatrix (new)

Pamela (foxglovewitch) | 614 comments Mod
I adore this series, but I've got to say, after reading the third book, my love for Seth took a very sharp downturn.

Carter is fabulous, though, and I adore Jerome. I mean, the guy loves John Cusack. Haha, what's not to love?

message 6: by Stav (new)

Stav (voliotisa) | 291 comments The Discriminating Fangirl wrote: "I adore this series, but I've got to say, after reading the third book, my love for Seth took a very sharp downturn.

Carter is fabulous, though, and I adore Jerome. I mean, the guy loves John Cus..."

I know what you mean about Seth... can't wait till the next book comes and see whats going to happen.

message 7: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (last edited May 01, 2009 09:19AM) (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) I getting on the "I Love Carter" train as well. I loved the ending of the last book. I hoping something good happens b/t He and Georgie. That vision she had in the Third book with the song playing in the background and than Carter saying he liked that song is making me think something could happen b/t those two.

message 8: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments I was thinking of Carter more as Georgina's champion in that he'll lead to her being saved, but not by him personally having a relationship with her. I can't imagine him letting what happened to the angel in the last book happen to him.

Much love for Jerome and I think Peter is hysterical with his proper sensibilities and obsession with Iron Chef. I wish he and Cody were in it a little more because I love how they play off of everyone.

As for Seth, I thought she was laying down groundwork for him to be the reincarnation of the Georgina's hubby. But now, who knows!

I didn't love the last book. I thought it was disjointed until we got to the final battle in the bedroom. Anyone else feel that way?

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Yeah i was thinking that way too(about carter) but those visons are making me think otherwise. I'm still crossing my fingers.

message 10: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 97 comments Sweet Home Alabama is really what connected the two together. It can't be just a coincidence that that's the song she heard. In all of the books so far Carter seemed to keep a close eye and odd interest in her. He's followed her and been there for her. Hopefully I'm not just seeing things that are not there due to my bias. ;p

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Melinda wrote: "Sweet Home Alabama is really what connected the two together. It can't be just a coincidence that that's the song she heard. In all of the books so far Carter seemed to keep a close eye and odd i..."

That's exactly what I was thinking. It just can't be a coincidence that she heard that song and it happened to be carter's favorite. i also think that's why she wrote the story in dreams about Angels and relationships as sort of a set-up.

message 12: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments I like Carter but he felt more like a pal. Personally I like Roman even though he is totally off his rocker he seemed to fit her, I hope he comes back

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Oh Roman was it for me no matter how bad he was. I loved him. I do remember Richelle saying that Roman may return but if not I'm all for Carter and a good fallen angel story.

message 14: by Pamela, Moderatrix (new)

Has anyone finished Succubus Heat yet? I read it all in one sitting the other night, just plowed through it. I loved it!

message 15: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 97 comments I just bought my copy today and will start reading today, so I'll be done today or tomorrow. I'm glad to hear it's good; I have high hopes. Mostly I'm curious to find out if we find out more about the mystery of her contract.

message 16: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (jac8604) | 14 comments The Discriminating Fangirl wrote: "Has anyone finished Succubus Heat yet? I read it all in one sitting the other night, just plowed through it. I loved it!"

I read it one sitting too! Unbelievably good - I couldn't stop crying. Check out my review of it at my blog - here.

message 17: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (jac8604) | 14 comments The Discriminating Fangirl wrote: "I adore this series, but I've got to say, after reading the third book, my love for Seth took a very sharp downturn.

Carter is fabulous, though, and I adore Jerome. I mean, the guy loves John Cus..."

I can't say I love Seth as much as I did at first either. I do think that it's good to show him in a new light though. Nobody's perfect and he had to slip sometime. Not to give any spoilers but I was shocked by what Hugh said at the end.

message 18: by Jess (new)

Jess | 11 comments The Discriminating Fangirl wrote: "Has anyone finished Succubus Heat yet? I read it all in one sitting the other night, just plowed through it. I loved it!"

I read Succubus Heat in less than a day and thought it was absolutely amazing!!!

************spoilers**********
I have been trying to figure out in the last few days where the series is going to go. I have a bad feeling Georgina is not going to end up with Seth. BUT Richelle keeps emphasising that she will always have a connection to him... soooo I think she is going to have his baby.

I reckon the man in the vision might be Roman, because the dream never said the man was the actual father of her child. I just can't see Seth breaking it off with Maddie because he is too sickly nice- and it doesn't seem Georgina would allow it either. So it doesn't seem like Seth and Georgina and going to be the happy couple. Unless Richelle kills off either Maddie (in which case Georgina and Seth could be together) or even Seth.... That would be devastating!!

ANNND I also think there is still going to be a catch with Georgina's contract. I think Richelle is just trying to lead us astray by having that girl check her contract. I bet she didn't read the fine print...

LOL does anyone have any other theories!! It is killing me to think I have to wait a whole year to find out what happens next.

message 19: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (jac8604) | 14 comments Jess wrote: "The Discriminating Fangirl wrote: "Has anyone finished Succubus Heat yet? I read it all in one sitting the other night, just plowed through it. I loved it!"

I read Succubus Heat in less than a d..."

Wow, I have to say I considered the dad to be either Roman or Seth, but I never considered that she would have Seth's kid and end up with Roman.

I definitely think the contract thing was just to throw us off. Richelle would have never brought it up if it was serious.

message 20: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I am going to buy the first book in this series today. Is it worth it?

message 21: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (jac8604) | 14 comments Kyle wrote: "I am going to buy the first book in this series today. Is it worth it?"

Oh yeah

message 22: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 97 comments ***************SPOILERS FROM SUCCUBUS HEAT************

First off, how sweet that she found her tortie?

Hugh's revelation about Seth's aura threw me for a loop. So Seth is technically bad now? What does this mean for him? I know Hugh said that if he dies he would go to hell, but does this mean that it's possible for a relationship with Georgina like she had with Dante? I don't think they will, because I think Georgina will try to find a way to save Seth from himself, but it's interesting with Seth not having his perfect aura now.

I actually do think Georgina's contract clues are there for a reason. I think that it possibly has to do with the agreement that no one remember her. Taking Michelle's theory on Seth being the reincarnation of Georgina's husband, and looking at how Seth feels about their lives being intertwined - then what if that means that he technically remembers? So her contract would be invalid. Just a theory.

I love that Roman is back. I liked him. Did you notice him saying he likes Maddie. . .I'm just sayin'. And I'm really ready for Maddie to be gone already. At this point I don't care who takes her away - death, Roman, whatever. I know she's nice and all, and it was super sad when she got a diamond instead of a ruby, but I'm tired of her.

Jerome's reward for Georgina - it has to be a good one! I mean, she saved him and through that gave him his job back. It should be a pretty big reward, so I wonder if his reward will be tied *somehow* to her realizing the dream.

I really enjoyed this one. I felt a little bad for Dante at the end, but I never really liked him. The cheating creeped me out a bit. I know they love each other, but it felt wrong. Was that just me? I did love the vampires getting to enjoy the sun. That was awesome. I loved their reaction to it.

message 23: by Jess (new)

Jess | 11 comments *********succubus heat SPOILERS***************

I completely agree with the diamond vs ruby thing!! Seth gave Maddie a diamond after he vowed he never would, because he thought they were ordinary and marriage was extraordinary! That nearly made me cry! *sigh* Maddie needs to be gone already.

I also picked up on how Roman said he likes Maddie. I just can't see Roman and Maddie & Georgina and Seth being one big happy family though. Everyone would hate Georgina and Seth for the heartbreak they would cause Maddie. That's why I thought she might be killed off?

In relation to the contract- it also vowed that Georgina would be immortal and "invulnerable". Well she is certainly not invulnerable to her emotions/ relationship with Seth.. maybe that could even be the loophole??

Additionally, at the end of the book Georgina felt a "lurch" in her stomach and we are made to believe it's because of the alcohol... but I BET she is pregnant!! And I agree with the Jerome thing- maybe he is going to help out with Georgina's immortality situation as her reward.

As for Dante, someone pointed out to me that Georgina never finished reading Seth's book. Did Dante steal it when he took off? Maybe there is something in the book that hints at Georgina and Seth's relationship and he is going to reveal it to Maddie!? Lol that's a long shot, but who knows.

message 24: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments SPOILERS FROM HEAT We should really just start another thread!

I thought there was a throw away line in there that implied that she did finish the book?

I thought the Dante situation was a little sad. He did it for his own warped little reasons, but based on love.

I thought the cheating was sleazy...but I've had issues with the Seth aspect of the story regardless. I'm really quite sick of the Seth angst and found myself skipping the parts where she was internally moaning and groaning about her love and his abandonment. He slept with someone else to get rid of her. Whatever his reasons, I'd be done. And I wasn't too surprised at the tainted soul, though I was surprised that he'd go straight to hell. The engagement ring just made him look like even more of a schmuck. Frankly, just before he slept with Maddie, I was done with him. Sleeping with her sealed the deal. And still wanting to be friends? Oh for the love of god.

I like that Roman's back. He should provide some spice!

As for the contract issue, I too thought ages ago that Seth was the reincarnation. I thought about the forgetting part of the contract too...I'm not sure where she's going with it though. Seth will have to do some past life/regression therapy before that loophole can be tapped! Maybe there will turn out to be an immortal from her old village floating around who remembers her and that will break the deal. It would be funny if the guy she cheated on hubby with way back when had become a vamp or something.

message 25: by Pamela, Moderatrix (new)

SPOILERS!

Yeah, Michelle, I was done with Seth at the end of Succubus Dreams. If he couldn't deal with Georgie's problems, fine. It's kind of understandable, actually. But he should have been a decent human being and broken up with her instead of SLEEPING WITH HER FRIEND. Oh my god.

And the cheating thing did seem really sleazy to me, too. I like Maddie well enough, and I don't think she deserved Seth doing his dickhead cheating bastard job on her.

Er... can you tell I'm bitter about Seth? Haha!

message 26: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Thank goodness. I thought I was the only one to feel that way! Thank you for joining me in my lack of Seth-worship.

:)

Now, if only there were more Carter...

I'll settle for Roman though for the time being. At least we know what we're getting with him!

message 27: by Jess (new)

Jess | 11 comments Emily I completely agree. I think there is more to Seth than we think.

The fact that he did the naughty with Georgina and his aura went all evil... that makes me think something else might be in store for him

message 28: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 27 comments im one with seth and georgie group. but i really hated that maddie thing. Do someone here think about the artist who made those earings necklace georgina saw and bought at erick?as well as the ring seth bought directly to the maker?I think it's significant.

message 29: by Jess (new)

Jess | 11 comments you think the guy who made georgina's jewellry was the one who made maddie's ring?

message 30: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Nah, not Maddie's. But the jewelry Georgina bought were replicas of jewelry she used to own. Hmn. Maybe my theory is true and someone from her past survived as an immortal. And if they remember her, her contract is void. It would have to be either hubby or affair man.

message 31: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 27 comments Michelle M. wrote: "Nah, not Maddie's. But the jewelry Georgina bought were replicas of jewelry she used to own. Hmn. Maybe my theory is true and someone from her past survived as an immortal. And if they remember her..."

thought so too..that contract was really intriuging..I mean niphon showing up when georgina falls in love with seth. maybe there's a chance georgina gets to be out of that contract..something she did with seth, all those self-control for seth's sake, those unselfish acts..and i think she's one of Carters project.

message 32: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 27 comments Jess wrote: "you think the guy who made georgina's jewellry was the one who made maddie's ring?"

Seth gave georgina a platinum ring also the which looks the same as the ring georgina's husband gave to her..
Seth contacteed that guy..Wonder who he is or if he is important at all.

message 33: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments No, no number of unselfish acts gets you out of a deal with hell. And her contract's airtight. So I'll take bets that the jewelry maker is an immortal from her village in Greece.

The real question is, if she gets free from her contract, will someone off Maddie? Oh, maybe MADDIE will make a deal with an imp if Seth dumps her! That would be amusing.

message 34: by Jess (new)

Jess | 11 comments I think if Seth and Georgina end up together because her contract becomes invalid, something has to happen to Maddie. They won't just be one big happy family- she either has to die or become evil. And I'm betting on the former.

And I agree, I bet someone from her village has survived as an immortal and I think it is Seth (ie. the long lost husband). Maybe the changes to his aura will help him remember the past somehow??? Because it seems like at the moment Seth subconsciously remembers parts of their previous life together (ie. Georgina's ring)

message 35: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments I agree that Seth seems to have an intense connection with her. A lot of people, me included, thought he might be hubby reincarnated. But if he was an immortal her peeps would know.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) I think you guys should be writing spoiler when you guys post. I just spoiled myself.

message 37: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 27 comments I posted this on the other comment anyways:

Maddie is a good person.Im sure she's perfect for SOMEONE ELSE!...lol..I hope the engagement doesn't last.Maybe Maddie will find out Seth and Georgina had been behind her back and turn evil?That's not a far fetched story right?i mean one way or another she will know.
And the pieces of the dream is coming. Her tortie cat came into picture now.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Thanks for updating the title on this. I had started reading this thread last week and was learning more than I wanted to. I'm working my way through the series now though, so I'll be back once I'm done. =D

message 39: by Gustavogbh (new)

Gustavogbh (lonegun) | 11 comments id liked Vampire Academy (a lot) but was a bit reluctant about this series, dont know why, just didnt love the premise, but i finally got around to reading it at the end of last month, and i went through the first three books in a matter of days, one of the very best PR series ive ever read, but i havent gotten the courage to read succubus heat yet, i mean i really liked S.Dreams, it however totally bumed me out.
Does it get better (not in terms of quality, just not as depressing, i got enough drama in my own life)?

message 40: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Um, I still found it pretty depressing up to the latest book. But there's a change that occurs that might have Georgina being less angsty soon.

message 41: by Gustavogbh (last edited Jun 24, 2009 11:12AM) (new)

Gustavogbh (lonegun) | 11 comments ive just been kind down lately and i couldve used a more fortunate twist as a pick me up

message 42: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments No, no! G's oh forlorn forlorn I am attitude started to bring me down too! In the first book, it's offset by her friends. In the subsequent books, the friends really take a backseat, so the tension is allowed to remain concentrated.

message 43: by Gustavogbh (new)

Gustavogbh (lonegun) | 11 comments Yeah i know what mean as the books go on the friends take a backseat to the relationship drama, and the light playful mood of the first book becomes darker and broodier by the third.

message 44: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments And I miss that lighter aspect and the balance and realism it provided. Not that everything has to be coming up roses, but it becomes all angst and emotional strife.

Then again, I'm not giving Georgina emotional slack because I never liked Seth much to begin with.

I'd love a story where Cody and Peter really come into the foreground. Their scenes so far are some of the most enjoyable.

message 45: by Deanne (last edited Jun 24, 2009 09:14PM) (new)

Deanne | 27 comments

If you want more about seth and g interaction Succubus heat got it.It's a great turning point of the story.everything is moving accordingly and you can bet it's leading us to something like BIG.can't say you won't be disspointed coz i was.like i said before i was heartbroken in Dreams and i had to gather my heart to read this latest book. I just hated Seth and G ending in Dreams. This series is just one of 3 first person series i like. Not much into first person but somehow this series got me.

message 46: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments I was actually really disappointed in just about everyone's behaviour in Heat! I'm looking forward to the changes wrought by it, though!

message 47: by Gustavogbh (last edited Jun 25, 2009 10:43AM) (new)

Gustavogbh (lonegun) | 11 comments Going by these rousing endorsements, i think i might be better of waiting till the release of the next book, so if i can stand the wait, i will, though i doubt it, eventually i'll crack. (on a totaly unrelated note, am i over using my commas? Punctuation was never really my forte).

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Gustavogbh wrote: "...i went through the first three books in a matter of days, one of the very best PR series ive ever read, but i havent gotten the courage to read succubus heat yet, i mean i really liked S.Dreams, it however totally bumed me out.
..."

I hear you. I finished Succubus Dreams last week and was quite depressed. It's a testament to Richelle that she has developed these characters that we become so emotionally involved with. I went off and read a few books that were quick and easy and gave me that HEA I so desperately craved. I picked up Succubus Heat last night, as I was desperate to know where it goes next. I'm only 118 pages in (and my version has over 500 pages), so I can't say how I'll feel at the end. I'm a big Seth fan though, so I'm holding out hope (Succubus Nights left me mad at Georgina so I figure that they're even now). ;)

message 49: by Gustavogbh (new)

Gustavogbh (lonegun) | 11 comments DarkHeart wrote: "Gustavogbh wrote: "...i went through the first three books in a matter of days, one of the very best PR series ive ever read, but i havent gotten the courage to read succubus heat yet, i mean i rea..."

I agree, its a testament to Richelle Mead's skills how deeply, and easily we become involved with her characters, but the thing about this autor is shes a big picture kinda autor, she builds on the plot with every installment, the individual storys of each book are just the icing on the cake (if youve read Vampire Academy you know what i mean), if i read heat now, im gonna have to wait almost a year for the next one, if i hold out i can read this one at any time, shortening the wait. (this might not have made any sense but im in a hurry, so ill elaborate further on this later).

message 50: by The Flooze (last edited Jun 25, 2009 01:43PM) (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1593 comments Gustavogbh wrote: "if i read heat now, im gonna have to wait almost a year for the next one, if i hold out i can read this one at any time, shortening the wait. (this might not have made any sense but im in a hurry, so ill elaborate further on this later)."

No, I know exactly what you mean. I was trying to do that with the latest Sookie Stackhouse, but I failed.

I'm currently doing that with In the Blood since if I can hold out, then I delay that feeling of agony I get when I know the next one is over a year away.

« previous 1