Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Religion/Faith > Left Behind - Kids Version

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 120 comments Did anyone read these? I read the first two or three but then I stopped... Just wondering.

Samantha McNulty No, but Kathryn, are they any good?
Who writes them?

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 120 comments Left Behind The Kids Collection 1 Volumes 1-6 by Jerry Jenkins. I don't remember. I think that I thought that they were good, but they are all "end of the world" type and so I think the thought of God coming and me being dead freaked me out too much at that age so I stopped reading them. I was probably in 6th grade when I read them.

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 44 comments I read the first couple as well when I was younger. I devoured them because I thought they were so interesting but then I got busy and never finished them all.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I read almost all of them when I was younger, but don't remember much about them or how many there were. It seemed like I read about 30 of them, and I never finished the series.

I just checked wikipedia, and it shows 40 books total. I would like to read the adult version some day...

message 6: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Never read them.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan (mrsfun) | 89 comments I just collected all the ones written for adults but haven't read them yet. My son read a few of the 'for kids' version; my daughter wasn't interested & now would probably rather read the adult ones when I do.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 120 comments I just got the first one (adult series) from the church library so I think I might give it a go and see if it is good.

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) I really liked the adult series, and even bought the kids series. I have read about half of them, and all I could remember thinking is that I wanted these kids to go and take a nap! lol. As fast past as the adults were, the kids were even moreso....trying to back so much in each tiny volume. It seemed too much!