What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Children's book: Boy grows a strawberry for a princess

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patty (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:34AM) (new)

Patty The book shows how the little boy lovingly waters the strawberry and watches it grow and, finally, when it's perfectly plump and red, the princess pops it into her mouth. It was a really simple, short book for very young children. Ring any bells?

message 2: by Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:09PM) (new)

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (KristatheKrazyKataloguer) | 104 comments Hi Patty! Yes! I still have that book, which I read over and over again as a child. I can't lay my hands on it right now, as it's boxed away upstairs, but I'm pretty sure the title was A Strawberry for the Princess. It was probably a Golden Book. I used to enjoy the pictures, because everything looked so pretty and perfect. If I can dig up that book, I'll confirm the title and author. Memories...

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy (amyhageman) | 2 comments Krista,
Is this it -

A Present for the Princess

It sounds like a great book - I'd guess a lot of people remember it fondly, given the price it's selling for on Amazon.

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (KristatheKrazyKataloguer) | 104 comments Yes, I had the title wrong because the book wasn't right in front of me when I typed in the email. I still have the book somewhere. I remember in the pictures of the little boy and the princess they both has such rosy cheeks, as if they'd already eaten a bunch of strawberries. Thanks for correcting me on the title, Amy!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 21878 comments Mod
Patty left the group. Moving to Abandoned.