Authors Society discussion

Introductions > WELCOME

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin (erincollins) | 6 comments Mod
Hello, everyone!
Since this group is growing so fast, I'm unable to address you individually.
So, welcome, all!
Come in and browse, post your book and tell us what it's about!
Tell us who you are, and let's get to know each other!

Hugs!

Erin Collins

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Moran (authorkellymoran) Great job and great group , Erin!!!
See my profile for my books.
Kelly Moran
home.wi.rr.com/kellymoran
XXXOOO

message 3: by Steven (new)

Steven (stevenclarkbradley) | 2 comments I am very happy to be part of your group! I hope you'll take a look at my books and I'll be quite active here. Thanks!

Steven Clark Bradley

message 4: by Erin (new)

Kelly and Steven,
Thank you for joining!
I will be looking at your profiles, etc soon.
I encourage you to add your book cover to the bookshelf.
Please feel free to do so anytime!

Hugs,

Erin Collins

message 5: by Midnyte (new)

Midnyte (midnytedupree) | 1 comments Hi Erin!

Thank you for inviting me! Looks like a great group! I have two books available right now and more on the way. :)

Lost Treasure is at Cobblestone Press. It takes place in South America. I also have Siren's Song anthology available at Resplendence Publishing. It's about 3 Siren sisters. My story is titled Adara.

Thank you!!
Midnyte

message 6: by Chester (new)

Chester | 10 comments Thanks for the invitation, Erin. I write the Greg McKenzie Mystery Series. There are now four books, and I'll add them to the bookshelf. There is more about me and my books at my author profile. The newest book is The Marathon Murders, which has an interesting background you'll find in my Writing section.

Chester Campbell

message 7: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Sorensen (Laurie_Sorensen) | 5 comments Hi Erin...love ya girl....finally was able to get my computer to accept the membership invite...lol...I have excerpts of my book on my profile...Ravenwood: Night's Salvation is available online through Amazon.com as well as Borders.com and my publisher too. www.lightswordpublishing.com Glad to be here and I am finding the site very informative and helpful...a lot of good people on here to be friends with.

Laurie
www.myspace.com/nights_salvation
www.freewebs.com/lauriesorensen
www.lightswordpublishing.com
take flight on the wings of romance.

message 8: by Gary (new)

Gary | 2 comments

since all those tall straight folks (also known as trees) were felled and smeared with ink in my name, don't i owe it to them at least to help spread the word about the books they've become

thank you for the space for the chance to take place, erin, for all authors

message 9: by Ashley (last edited Jan 26, 2008 07:14PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Hello Everyone. My name is Ashley and I am 21 years old . My book is called "My Written Thoughts". It is a compilation of poems I wrote over a period of 4 and 1/2 years. You can visit my website at: www.freewebs.com/cutewriter . Don't forget to sign the guestbooks :).

message 10: by Erin (new)

I am so glad you all joined too!
I know those of us who have books published, or those of us on the verge of being published, need to have a place to share our books.
And please place your book cover, ISBN, and any other information pertinent to your book, on the bookshelf!

Hugs,

Erin Collins

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) hey everyone, just wanted you all to know that I updated my website, changed a few things. So check it out if you want and sign the guestbook please :).

message 12: by Steven (last edited Jan 28, 2008 04:25AM) (new)

Steven | 4 comments Hi Guys, I've currently got two books in the market place. They're autobiographys. My first book was, I suppose, a little shocking for some and it caused quite a stir when it was released. However, it is based on fact. My second book sort of put the record straight on a few things and told a different side of my story. It also calmed the storm that the first one created!!

See Link:

http://archive.thisisthenortheast.co....

Currently I'm looking for a publisher to publish a novel I have just completed.

Best Regards

Steven Preece
Author of Amongst The Marines
and
Always A Marine

message 13: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherinelundoff) | 4 comments Hi Erin and all :-),
I'm an author of erotica, science fiction and fantasy, romance and nonfiction. My second collection of lesbian erotica, "Crave: Tales of Lust, Love and Longing" debuted in 2007 from Lethe Press; it's currently nominated for a Lambda Literary Award. I've also got a book coming out from Lethe Press in May, 2008. This is an anthology of lesbian ghost stories (nonerotic) called "Haunted Hearths and Sapphic Shades: Lesbian Ghost Stories." It's my first time editing and I'm really excited about all the great stories I got for this. :-)
Catherine Lundoff
clundoff@visi.com
www.visi.com/~clundoff
Crave:Tales of Lust, Love and Longing (Lethe Press)
Editor, Haunted Hearths and Sapphic Shades: Lesbian Ghost Stories (Lethe Press, forthcoming)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I'm Anne Whitfield from Australia.

I write historical and contemporary novels and short stories.

Look forward to getting to know everyone.

message 15: by Tony (last edited Jan 27, 2008 02:17PM) (new)

Tony | 1 comments Hi Folks,

Nice to meet you all! I'm Tony Barnstone, usually from California but living right now in snowy Ohio. My website is http://www.barnstone.com

My books of poetry are The Golem of Los Angeles (Red Hen Press, 2008, winner, Benjamin Saltman Award); Sad Jazz: Sonnets (Sheep Meadow Press, 2005); and Impure: Poems by Tony Barnstone (University Press of Florida, 1998).

I also do translations of Chinese poetry and literary prose. My books in these areas include Chinese Erotic Poetry (Everyman, 2007); The Anchor Book of Chinese Poetry (Anchor, 2005); Out of the Howling Storm: The New Chinese Poetry (Wesleyan, 1993); Laughing Lost in the Mountains: Poems of Wang Wei (UP of New England, 1991); The Art of Writing: Teachings of the Chinese Masters (Shambhala, 1996).