Beloved Beloved discussion

beloved

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie Ohanlon the author draws the reader into a false sense of calm and suddenly shocks one out of a lull and into a terrifying bolt of reality. A marvellous insight into salvery. Marie

Lauren Did you have a difficult time reading it? I did at first and then I came online to Goodreads and read a summary of things I had already read. It cleared it up for me and I flew through the second half of the book.

Lisa Lauren wrote: "Did you have a difficult time reading it? I did at first and then I came online to Goodreads and read a summary of things I had already read. It cleared it up for me and I flew through the second h..."

I did find it difficult to get a handle on at first. There are so many unexplained references that left me a bit clueless. I had to be patient and let things evolve, then most of it came clear and was explained.

William2 Morrison does not produce easy reads. Her narratives, like some works by Faulkner, who I've always suspected is one of her models, require patience. Don't take them to the beach.