Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Books that make you dumb

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie This list is supposed to reflect books compared to SAT scores... can't be true!

http://booksthatmakeyoudumb.virgil.gr/

message 2: by Bree (new)

Bree first of all i have a hard time w/ math sometimes and second i'm not sure i see the correlation...could someone explain in pure english?

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie I think what it is trying to say if you read a certain book then you will most likely score that score on an SAT. and i guess this guy went out and actually did a study on it. i just can't believe that it could be right even though if you look at the school's he has a large study group. i took the ACT so i can't compare my score to the books I've read.

message 4: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 16 comments I know i am going to hell for this, (and for many other reasons) but i could not help but notice a few books on the lower end of the spectrum....The Bible, and The Purpose Driven Life (Gag unto me with a spoon!). A man i know could vouch for the fact that some "biblethumpers" dont believe there is a corrilation between trees and O2. Okay that was a shot at religion but i couldn't help it. I think i just punched my express ticket to Hell.