Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1-2)
This topic is about Confessions of Georgia Nicolson
Contemporary > Confessions of Georgia Nicolson

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 719 comments Anyone read these books? They're like the QUEEN of guilty pleasures! But they're SOOOO FUNNY! (I still need to read the latest one...)

PS - Let me know if you think this should go in the Humour section and I'll switch it over...

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sbez05) | 30 comments I have Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging Confessions of Georgia Nicolson sitting on my shelf but I haven't read it yet. I think I bought it after seeing a post from you about it, actually. :) I'm looking forward to reading it!

message 3: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 719 comments Hahaha! WOW! I hope you like it! Georgia Nicolson is the craziest, most immature, most boy-crazy character that you could possibly love! :)

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) This is one of my daughter's favorite series. I've never read any of them tho, maybe I should try!

message 5: by Sara ♥ (last edited Apr 29, 2009 08:57AM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 719 comments They're hilarious! I love Dave the Laugh...

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) Is that part of the series, or a standalone by the same author....or is that a character in the series (you can see I'm SO familiar...)

message 7: by Leshawn (new)

Leshawn | 4 comments I found "Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging" years ago at a book store while I was on vacation at the beach. I couldn't stop reading it. In fact, I only stopped long enough to pay and get in the car. From there on, I read the entire book to everyone at the beach and I have bought every single volume as soon as it comes out. I've already pre-ordered volume 10 on Amazon. They make me laugh and it's so creative and I love all of the characters.

April (booksandwine) | 312 comments I read quite a bit in these books during high school (four years ago) and I remember laughing hysterically and really admiring Georgia Nicholson because she's a regular girl with regular girl problems but deals with them in such a funny way!

message 9: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen | 229 comments I read these and LOVED them, but I stopped somewhere around Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (I didn't read that one). So I'm very behind in these.

message 10: by LinBee (new)

LinBee Dave the Laugh and Georgie just need to come to terms with their love. :) Anyway, I love this series, both the books and the tapes. Hilariousity!

Samantha McNulty I've read the first two books, which I picked up from the library. Though funny and easy to relate to, I don't think I will be reading any of the others.

message 12: by Leshawn (new)

Leshawn | 4 comments LinBee,
I love how the Dave and Georgia story embodies that human trait that we all struggle with....inability to see what is right before our eyes. If we could only read the novel of our life and gain the perspective that the reader has on the characters in a novel.
The funny thing is that one of the functions of a personal diary is that it allows us to look back and see the past with our own words and Georgia doesn't use it for that function. So she fails to see the truths that she herself has recorded.
I think Dave the Laugh knows what's going on and he is just waiting for Georgia to cotton on to the truth.

message 13: by LinBee (new)

LinBee I do too. Dave knows, but Georgia is so wrapped up in herself (like most teen girls), that she doesn't see what is right in front of her. At least it seems she is starting to.

message 14: by Sara ♥ (last edited May 04, 2009 12:51AM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 719 comments Laura wrote: "Is that part of the series, or a standalone by the same author....or is that a character in the series (you can see I'm SO familiar...)"

Dave the Laugh is a character... I'm SO with you on this! She needs to forget about sex gods and hook up with the boy right in front of her! ;)

message 15: by Liz (new)

Liz I've read these books before, they are so funny. The only problem is, I forget where I am in the series! Would someone mind posting a list of the titles?

message 17: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (alexabexis) Sara TX wrote: "* Book 2 - British Title - It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers! "

And I thought the American titles were funny! Ha! That's brilliant.

I've only read the first two (a fact I'd forgotten until I recently came across a notebook that stated I'd read #2) but they were quite amusing. Does the rest of the series get better? And with regard to content, do they still stay pretty tame? (Despite the outrageous titles.) What is the youngest age you'd recommend them for?

message 18: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 719 comments Do they stay pretty tame? Oye... I don't remember. Youngest age? 14, maybe? That's how old Georgia is....