What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > Zebras and Fabric

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brynnzie (new)

Brynnzie | 3 comments I have looked high and low and everywhere I can think of to find the book but since I cannot remember the title, I have had little luck. The story was about how all the animals on the planet were the same color of white. They found a cave in the jungle that was filled with beautiful fabrics in all colors. All the animals picked out fabrics and made coats for themselves. The zebras were the last to choose because they were too busy eating and by the time they entered the cave only scraps of black fabric were left. The zebras sewed the scraps of black fabric together to make handsome coats for themselves. As they left the cave the zebra's stopped to munch on the grass and split the seams of their new black coats...and that is how the zebra's got their stripes! Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Brynn

message 2: by Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (last edited Jan 28, 2008 09:33AM) (new)

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (KristatheKrazyKataloguer) | 104 comments Hi Brynnzie!
I LOVE that story! It's called Greedy Zebra by Mwenye Hadithi. I liked it so much I bought my own copy. The look on the zebra's face when his black coat rips is priceless! Mwenye Hadithi and Adrienne Kennaway have written and illustrated several wonderful African tales. Enjoy!

message 3: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 40 comments Sounds like a great story, I just added it to my to-read list :)

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 28610 comments Mod
Greedy Zebra for Krista's suggestion. Brynnzie, can you confirm that is your book? If so, we can move from Possibly Solved to Solved.