Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Little Children

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cliff (new)

Cliff | 46 comments I just saw Little Children on cable and thought it was a great movie. The acting was incredible. I think Kate Winslet is underrated.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i just finished the book. It was wonderful NOW i will see the flick.... been waiting.

message 3: by Ellorashree (new)

Ellorashree Maitrra Kate Winslet was absolutely fantastic in this film; she carried it all the way. I think she's really developed as an actress over the years. Has anyone seen her in Holy Smoke? I thought she did a wonderful job there as well. As for Little Children, director Todd Field did a great job, although the ending seemed - to the friend with whom I watched it - somewhat ambiguous and "retro". I'm curious to know how the book ends.

message 4: by Prabha (new)

Prabha | 11 comments Haven't seen Little Children, can't wait after reading the reviews here! I think Kate Winslet's great, I loved her Marianne in Sense & Sensibility.

message 5: by Karen (last edited Jan 28, 2008 08:05AM) (new)

Karen Ellorashree, I'm curious to hear more about why your friend thought the ending was ambiguous and retro. To me it was so sad that I cried. As much as I hated the guy in so much of it, I felt myself feeling sorry for him in other parts, such as when he went to the swimming pool. And that reaction really confused me because I have no tolerance for anyone who hurts children.

Hopefully no one will answer the question on how the book ends, I'm hoping to read it one of these days.

message 6: by Cliff (new)

Cliff | 46 comments I loved the ending All the actors were incredible (especially the pedophile's mother).

message 7: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 99 comments I adore Kate Winslet, her range as an actress is incredible. I also like Patrick Wilson a lot, anyone see Hard Candy? The first time I saw Little Children I didn't know what to think, I guess I was angry with her character for being such a crappy parent. It took a second sitting and some thinking for me to view the entire movie and the message it was sending.