Pride & Prejudice 2005 is a disgrace to Jane Austen! discussion

Have You Seen?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bergen (last edited Apr 28, 2009 10:21AM) (new)

Bergen Lemiwink (LemiwinkB) | 1 comments Has anyone seen Lost in Austen. The newest spoof on Pride and Prejudice? I've heard a lot about it, but cannot bring myself to watch it. Please let me know how you feel about it.

Apparently it's about a young woman who travels back into P&P times and starts falling for Mr. Darcy. Afraid she will alter the tale, she has to fix everything and get Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy back together. It's supposedly funny as well. Please let me know your feelings on this.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) Hmm, if I traveled back in time and got Darcy to fall in love with me, there is no way I would ever relinquish him to Elizabeth... but that is just me!

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam | 19 comments I didn't like it much...I think part of the reason may have been the actress...she just tended to annoy me. And of course, it's a spoof on P&P...I felt it was trying to ruin a wonderful story! lol. :D

message 4: by Kimba (new)

Kimba | 4 comments Lost in Austen was actually quite fun & charming, in it's own way. I hated the neatly wrapped up ending, but the twists of the story were very funny and far more delightful watch than I anticipated.

message 5: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Louise (claudelle) | 3 comments I just watched it a few days ago and I loved it! It cracked me up!
I just kept on having to tell myself how glad I am that this isn't how the real story turns out. :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved it....... we are so desperate for anything Jane. My daughter and I laughed alot.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (Sarahhelen) | 3 comments I could only cope with two episodes of it before I had to turn it off. I found it toe-curlingly dreadful.

message 8: by Melody (new)

Melody (mellie) | 8 comments I didn't even attempt to watch it after seeing the preview. Anyway, I don't care for revisions and most "fanfiction."

message 9: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) I saw it, this darcylover seems to post the same thing in all the threads. oh well. It was an okay depiction, but I didn't care for the modern and the time travelling.

message 10: by Kayti (new)

Kayti (kaytigrace22) | 6 comments If the "Lost in Austen" people where trying to give credit, appreciation, or notice to Ms. Austen, I believe they made her roll-over in her grave with that movie.

message 11: by Juli (new)

Juli | 3 comments I saw it and am eternally grateful that I saw the 1995 version first to show me what a REAL remake of Pride and Prejudice looks like

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna Jotkowska (asaratte) | 2 comments I've seen it, did not appreciate it, but it did make me laugh. I think this movie shouldn't be treated as a version of Pride and Prejudice or giving credit to the author, but as a silly comedy. Let's not get oversensitive.