Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > I'm an Author Somewhat New to Goodreads Doing a Book Giveaway

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Clausen Hey, some of you I've already met on this discussion board or others talking about writing and other stuff.

I just want to formally invite you guys to check out the book giveaway on goodreads I set up for my book "The Lexical Funk: A Triumph of Words". The book is very much just about hanging out with your pen and paper and trying to make some coherent things out of words. Writing includes: a story about a mysterious intergalactic being that's brought into this universe via a cappuccino machine, the story of two dictionary salesman who fight cows, and more serious stories such as how chewing ice can cause two otherwise compatible people to break up.

The book giveaway ends on May 4. There are about 20 copies up for grabs. I also want to remind people that you can check out as much of the book as you want at
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback...
That way you can see if the book is right for you.

Just click the download now button and you can download the entire book as a PDF. I'm also doing a question and answer thing if you're interested.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (last edited Apr 28, 2009 08:38AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Hm. Delete or not? Ha. Damn you for your moral quandaries, Daniel! Sally! Say something!

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Clausen Radomnanthony, did I somehow go out of bounds. If the content is somehow questionable, let me know. Specifically why. And I'll take it down myself.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments No, no, Daniel, I was kidding...you're good:) We've had some authors (e.g. evil cruise ship guys) spam with sort of thing. My bad, didn't mean to throw you off...I should have supplied more context.

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Chewing ice! Yikes! That's horrific. Delete, RA!

No ... just kidding.

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Seems fine to me - I have a friend who self-published with lulu, and what other way is there to get it done? Daniel seems cool, man.

message 7: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Clausen I have a horrible confession: I used to work telemarketing. I was in highschool and I needed a job to save for college. I did all sorts of evil there: selling long-distance; surveys for walmart; amongst other bad stuff I would rather not talk about. My boss was pretty cool though and sometimes he would let me just kind of goof off. Which could be fun. But when all was said and done it was mostly evil. I want people to check out my book. I just don't want to strike down the dark path again.

You I find context isn't such a bad thing.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.