Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > 11 sites make new list of endangered historic places

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/04/28/enda...

What do you think? What else should be on the list? Have you visited any of these places? What constitutes a historic place, in your eyes?

I've been to the Unity Temple in Oak Park. It's cool...they've been trying to raise money for it for years. I'd love to see the place in Yankton, too. I didn't even know the site existed.

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I haven't been to any of them. There's a place in Tuba City AZ that just popped into my head. It was a boarding school complex for the Navajo, set up by the US GOvernment as a place to infuse Native American children with "our" culture -- 'cause everybody just knew that they would be better off being white.

The place is SO depressing. When you think of all the money invested in a few acres, and then look at the rest of Tuba City, or housing in general on the Reservation, it's just damned appalling.

Fortunately, people came to their senses and stopped the boarding school program.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.