Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Lover Avenged

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Meredith Barrons | 39 comments The new Ward book Lover Avenged comes out today! Is anyone else running out to start reading it? I would love to discuss! I am curious to see what Ward does with Rehvenge's story and some of the other characters in the mix! Hoping that we will get some JM and Xhex also! : )

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments =) I got my copy last Friday and have already read it (LOVED IT!). I started a spoiler thread on the J.R. Ward group, but I'd love to discuss it here as well once someone else has read it. I'm dying to talk about it with someone! 8D

Meredith Barrons | 39 comments Your so lucky you got your copy early! I am glad it was good. Was Rehv the central story or was it like Phury's book were there were a lot of other things going on as well? I'll post back as soon as I read! I will have to go check out the J.R. Ward group as well! I didn't know there was one!

message 4: by DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (last edited Apr 28, 2009 06:28AM) (new)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Rehv's story was central to it, and I wasn't at all disappointed by the amount dedicated to him and Ehlena (who rocks, btw). But, like Phury's there are a bunch of other story line progressions - all really good. I wrote up a quick spoiler free review of it. And J.M. and Xhex... yep, they're in there. ;)

message 5: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 1020 comments Mod
I'm planning to pick up my copy today, but might read it for May...that is, if I can resist...LOL...

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 208 comments I am going right to borders after work to go pick up mine!!

Meredith Barrons | 39 comments I am dragging my 18 month old and 3 year old out to Barnes and Noble now! Now if I could only get someone to babysit them for the day so I can read! ha ha!

message 8: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne i'm reading my copy::

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 257 comments I have mine on reserve and Barnes and Noble to pick up. Once I get off work I will be dragging my 14 month old with me to get it as long as it comes in other wise Borders here I come

message 10: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 257 comments I have to wait till 3 central time to see if it comes in

message 11: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 257 comments I have to wait till 3 central time to see if it comes in

message 12: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 97 comments I'm headed to the bookstore right after work to get a copy. I can't wait to read it!!

message 13: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I just returned from Borders picking up my copy. I have it listed on a May challenge so I can't read it yet and damn it's killing me. May 1st can't come soon enough. :(

message 14: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 257 comments OK So I have just bought my copy but now I am cooking dinner for my daughter. Once I have her down for the count me and the book have a DATE.

message 15: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Same with you, Barbara. I just bought my copy, and is happily admiring it, trying to resist not to open it, since I still have two books to finish for April.

Darn, this is hard...LOL

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 208 comments I picked up my copy last night, finished Desire Unchained, and tonight its me and Rehv

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 371 comments I just finished mine... for me it's the best one yet! I always found I got disappointed with the Lesser's, they always seemed to be missing something. I loved the action in this one, well written, I couldn't put it down. Left my hubby to make dinner and put the boys to bed!

message 18: by Kim (new)

Kim | 1 comments I am half way thru and Rehv is really turning me on!!!

message 19: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 257 comments Kim I am with you. I am seeing a whole new side of Rhev that screams Yummy. I am half way thru and hope to finish it by this afternoon

message 20: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 39 comments I finished it today and loved it! I put my comments on it over on the BDB group spoiler thread!

message 21: by Josephine (new)

Josephine (tyrrel) | 43 comments OMG! I absolutely loved it! Unlike Phury's book which didn't really grab me, I couldn't stop reading. (Interpret that as stayed up until 4 AM on the 29th to read it cover to cover.) John Matthew ranks right up there with Butch as my favorite character, so I am too excited about the next book. OH, now I must wait again for my fix!

message 22: by Josephine (new)

Josephine (tyrrel) | 43 comments Wait, Zsadist is my FAVORIATE character. Now with the character development, Butch and John Matthew are next in line.

message 23: by Josephine (new)

Josephine (tyrrel) | 43 comments Just researched, Lover Mine, John Matthew’s story doesn’t come out until NEXT YEAR! That’s over 7 months of a dry spell, oh, the fates hate me! Well, I guess I will just have to re-read all the books, AGAIN.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I just got this email:

Hi all--

I have some very unfortunate news regarding the St. Louis signing for tomorrow. At this point the signing has been canceled.

J.R. has come down with a virus and is not only very very ill but has been put on bed rest by her doctor and advised not to travel. She is of course devastated that this has happened and feels absolutely awful but this is the best thing for her health and we have to make sure we take care of our WARDen.

I know that many of you had plans to attend the signing and I know that this is a huge disappointment. Please know that if there was anyway that she could have pushed through and made it, she absolutely without a doubt would have done so. She is crushed just as much as all of you, if not more so, that she won't be able to be there.

As of this time, the signing for the 9th in Radcliff, KY is still on but we will be sure to let you know should anything change.

Please send get well vibes and healing thoughts to our WARDen. Thanks so much,

LeE

=====

I hope she get's better soon!

message 25: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments I can't wait til JM's book, I'm so glad he's next!

message 26: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 257 comments I am with you. JM's book is going to be intense. I can already feel the presure coming up as I await the release. Too bad it has to be another year

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish You should watch the interview on the WARDen's website. http://www.jrward.com/

She talks about JM's book briefly, as well as the other stories and even Covet.

Click that link and it's in the upper right corner of the page.

message 28: by Malena (new)

Malena (thefieryheartnz) | 15 comments I can't wait to read Rehv's story. I'm 105 in queue at the library :(
I'm poor at the moment so guess I'll just have to wait.

message 29: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Wow! And I thought 7 holds was bad, LOL.

Did you guys notice that the women make a much more noticeable appearance in this one? I think Ward listened, LOL.

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 208 comments I finished LA last night by far the best one I think!

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments new_user, I loved that with the exception of Cormia, all of the shellans had a role in the book. It was good to catch up with them again.

And Lauren, I agree - it's my favorite of the series so far!

message 32: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 208 comments V's book is a close second. I love v

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments LOL, I hear you. V remains my favorite Brother (because, well, Rehv isn't technically a Brother). I'm partial to Phury's book though for all of the story development with the Boys.

message 34: by Malice (new)

Malice (LadyMalice) | 35 comments Took me an eternity to get through this one, with all the work pouring in right now (not complaining tho!), but I have to say it was not a disappointment! I always had a little crush on Rehv cuz lets face it, he is the baddest of the bad-boys in this series... they are all scary as hell, but he takes it to a new level with his extra-cirricular activities ;)

I think Ward is sneakily inching her way towards being my fav author EVER!

~Malice

message 35: by Katy-Del (new)

Katy-Del | 12 comments My husband won't let me within a mile of Barnes and Noble, lest I be drawn in like a moth to flame. I get stuck in book stores for hours. So I just have to wait until they stock it at Walmart.

message 36: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Yeah, this was my favorite too because Rehv is my fav Brother -he is so heroic, LOL- along with JM, but also because of the way the book was so well-written. She was allowed free rein to flesh out all of her storylines in this one so none of them were neglected. I think she took her time with this one. None of it was just an afterthought.

I thought Ehlena was great too. She was really developed.

message 37: by Yz the Whyz (new)

I love Lover Avenged, and I definitely enjoyed Rehv and Ehlena's interactions. I also love Wrath and Beth's storyline here. It makes me want to pick up Dark Lover and read it again. I think I fell in love with this couple all over again.

I can't wait for JM and Xhex's books. Another heart-wrenching one I believe based on what we have seen so far with these two.

message 38: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 208 comments Yz I was thinking the same thing with Wrath and Beth. I love George and how Wrath finally accepted help. I did wish we got a little bit more of the other couples together.
JM is great with his care less attitude now and I think he has hit rock bottom. I can't wait for his book so he can tear apart Lash.

message 39: by Yz the Whyz (new)

I know what you mean, Lauren. It's like...wow...look at how far everybody has "traveled"..including us readers. I can still remember Wrath and Beth's encounter, and now you see Wrath finally embracing his mantle of leadership.

I cannot believe how invested am I in the world and characters of the BDB, but Ward's just suck us in. Now, I can't wait for the next installment..JM and Xhex, Tohr and Lassiter (we still don't know what the angel's mission is, but I bet everytime he stares at that mural, he is seeing Wellsie), Manny and Payne, Blay/Saxton/Qhuinn,...just can't wait...and the Warden hasn't even started writing Lover Mine yet...

message 40: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited May 07, 2009 09:46AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I just read this morning that part of what will make this book so dark is JM having to relive what was done to him, to face it, deal with it, etc...just as Xhex will have to deal with Mhurder's return and whatever/whereever it is that she is with Lash.

AND Darius and Mhurder knew each other... crap... that's going to be one intense book.

message 41: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 208 comments I'M so right there with you. BDB and Dark Huter series is like the only thing I make time for. Lassiter cracks me up. I was wondering what he was looking at up there... I thinking he was looking at his "home" but now that you mention it I can see him talking to Wellsie.

message 42: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Uniquely Moi wrote: "I just read this morning that part of what will make this book so dark is JM having to relive what was done to him, to face it, deal with it, etc...just as Xhex will have to deal with Mhurder's ret..."

OMG i didn't know that::holy hell!

message 43: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Mhurder is alive? O.O

message 44: by Yz the Whyz (last edited May 07, 2009 10:35AM) (new)

I assume that Mhurder is alive...He is somewhere West, after he got booted out from the brotherhood, something I assumed happened because of his rescue mission for Xhex...and yes, I assume he will be back...

And yes..I'm making a lot of assumptions...LOL.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Yz wrote: "I assume that Mhurder is alive...He is somewhere West, after he got booted out from the brotherhood, something I assumed happened because of his rescue mission for Xhex...and yes, I assume he will ..."

http://jrwardbdb.com/forum/viewtopic....

And here are some of her words about JM, Xhex and Mhurder, straight from her own fingers:

"Here's my thing about Xhex...

Considering what she went through with Muhrder- it's going to take a TREMENDOUS force to get her to bond with a male- you know, make a commitment. And where she's at now just makes that worse. So.......... the book has to be dark because that's what will force her to open herself up"

"JM is going to have to process what was done to him- and she's going to have to deal with both where she ended up after the raid Muhrder pulled to try and get her- AND where she is now.

Z is going to play a role in the healing"

Now, I can't find the part where a few days ago I read that Mhurder is coming back, but I know I read it. And how could he not? That would make for some incredible tension...not that being kidnapped by Lash isn't tension. LOL

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Ooh, thanks UM, that's good stuff! Augh...a year is an awfully long time to wait!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish DarkHeart wrote: "Ooh, thanks UM, that's good stuff! Augh...a year is an awfully long time to wait!"

I wonder, how many pages of threads are going to be posted between now and then? LOL I'm already withdrawl-ing.

message 48: by Josephine (new)

Josephine (tyrrel) | 43 comments She has a new series of Fallen Angels. Sounds exciting!

message 49: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Uniquely Moi wrote: "Yz wrote: "I assume that Mhurder is alive...He is somewhere West, after he got booted out from the brotherhood, something I assumed happened because of his rescue mission for Xhex...and yes, I assu..."

thank you Moi:)::my withdrawl is that bad::i've reserved two jessica Bird (aka jr ward) novels from the library::modern romance is just not my thing::but hey ho there you are::

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Adrienne wrote: "Uniquely Moi wrote: "Yz wrote: "I assume that Mhurder is alive...He is somewhere West, after he got booted out from the brotherhood, something I assumed happened because of his rescue mission for X..."

I understand. I will be spending more time with Rehv in the near future.

« previous 1