Questioning Society discussion

Mingling > Ages

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ninja (new)

Ninja (ninjafanpire) | 616 comments Mod
How old is everybody here? Just wondering what the general age group is. Don't have to say if you don't want to, I know some peeps are worried about stalkers and what not. You could just say high school or something, or nothing at all.

message 2: by Daisy (new)

Daisy 6th grade

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I'm 15.

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert (rgbatduke) | 213 comments I'm 54. Y'all are already making me feel old...;-)

rgb

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) No you're not. You figured out how to make a Goodreads profile. That puts you ahead of every other adult I know. lol

message 6: by Daisy (new)

Daisy I know how to make a Goodreads profile. It's easy

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) If you're my dad and still can't print without my help...>.> Then yeah, it's hard. lol

message 8: by Daisy (new)

Daisy lol!!!!!

message 9: by ♠Miriam♠ (new)

♠Miriam♠ (mirizzle) | 258 comments i'm 15

message 10: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 779 comments Mod
i'm 13

message 11: by Dan (new)

Dan Not so fast. I'm an even older 29.

message 12: by Daisy (last edited Apr 28, 2009 05:06PM) (new)

Daisy if you're younger than 54 rgb beats you

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) We haz teh pwnxxor. :)

rgb does take oldest prize.

message 14: by Irene (new)

Irene Hollimon I'm 45

message 15: by gina~* (new)

gina~* 21

message 16: by Bree, you make me smile (new)

Bree (breej6434) | 835 comments Mod
Check out the Age Poll!

message 17: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 779 comments Mod
:)

message 18: by Ben (new)

Ben | 505 comments Mod
im 17 almost 18
hey my dad turned 39 2day!!! lol

message 19: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) 6th grade. same as GreenDaisy BlackStem

message 20: by Robert (new)

Robert (rgbatduke) | 213 comments Lauren wrote: "We haz teh pwnxxor. :)

rgb does take oldest prize. "

Yeah, grey beard and all. Anybody wanna trade?

rgb

message 21: by Ben (new)

Ben | 505 comments Mod
not completely trade but you can give me 5 years so ill b 5 years older n u'll b 5 years younger

message 22: by Robert (new)

Robert (rgbatduke) | 213 comments Sounds like a deal. Know any good witches who can set up the exchange?

rgb

message 23: by Ben (new)

Ben | 505 comments Mod
my math teacher

message 24: by Jill (new)

Jill (wanderingrogue) | 118 comments 30.

message 25: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) 16 = 10th grade.

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) lol Ben

message 27: by Daisy (last edited May 03, 2009 03:03PM) (new)

Daisy rgb wrote: "Sounds like a deal. Know any good witches who can set up the exchange?

rgb"

lol witches can't actually do that, I wish they could though!

message 28: by Ninja (new)

Well I know "The machine" can take years OFF your life.

message 29: by Robert (new)

Robert (rgbatduke) | 213 comments Which machine? Computers? Cars? TVs?

In the machine age, life expectancy has easily doubled. If I had lived in the 1600's, I probably wouldn't have reached the age of 53 at all, instead of looking forward to another decade or three of life, with luck.

And I was kidding about trading years... I like being my age.

rgb

message 30: by Ninja (new)

rgb wrote: "Which machine? Computers? Cars? TVs?

In the machine age, life expectancy has easily doubled. If I had lived in the 1600's, I probably wouldn't have reached the age of 53 at all, instead of looking forward to another decade or three of life, with luck.

And I was kidding about trading years... I like being my age.

rgb "

Hahaha, nothing you said! I meant from The Princess Bride! Ever seen it?

message 31: by Daisy (new)

Daisy OH! That machine!! I love that movie!!

message 32: by Ninja (new)

GreenDaisy BlackStem wrote: "OH! That machine!! I love that movie!!"

Hahahaha, ya! I own it! :)

message 33: by Daisy (new)

Daisy LUCKY! My mommy won't buy it but my cloak is getting made!!!!! OMG!!! OSJ!!! OSEBJ!!!!!!OMEBJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 34: by Ninja (new)

GreenDaisy BlackStem wrote: "LUCKY! My mommy won't buy it but my cloak is getting made!!!!! OMG!!! OSJ!!! OSEBJ!!!!!!OMEBJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cloak? What cloak? Oh, the holocaust cloak?

message 35: by Daisy (new)

Daisy NO!! Its and actual cloak and it's purple on the inside and black on the outside!!

message 36: by Ninja (new)

GreenDaisy BlackStem wrote: "NO!! Its and actual cloak and it's purple on the inside and black on the outside!!"

Oh okay! Well what does it have to do with the movie?

message 38: by Jill (new)

Jill (wanderingrogue) | 118 comments Lauren wrote: "http://friendlyatheist.com/2009/05/02...

Opinions?"

That's messed up. I would rip the throat out of anyone who would try that on a child I care about.

message 39: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I know. Lots of his recent posts are stories about people handing Bibles to kids outside of their school and other crap.

message 40: by Ninja (new)

Lauren wrote: "I know. Lots of his recent posts are stories about people handing Bibles to kids outside of their school and other crap. "

Well, I don't see anything wrong with just giving them Bibles. I mean, they could take it home and throw it away! And if it was a Book of Mormon or The Koran or whatever, so what? But the luring into the van thing....Not sure what that's about!
It's like handing them a pamphlet on suicide or about a concert. They don't have to read it.

message 41: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) The point is, schools are public, secular institutions, and kids are considered a captive audience by law, and by law, you cannot promote religion to a captive audience.

message 42: by Ninja (new)

Lauren wrote: "The point is, schools are public, secular institutions, and kids are considered a captive audience by law, and by law, you cannot promote religion to a captive audience."

Well I think promoting to a captive audience would be allowing a preacher come in and give a sermon to the entire school.

If they are outside the school just offering them books and not forcing them to take them, I don't see the big deal.

message 43: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) They were. They ambushed the bus route. It's disturbing to see people have to sink so low to convince unprepared children, because that is all they can convince.

message 44: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Ninja wrote: "GreenDaisy BlackStem wrote: "NO!! Its and actual cloak and it's purple on the inside and black on the outside!!"

Oh okay! Well what does it have to do with the movie?"

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOVIE ITS AN ACTUAL CLOAK THAT IS AWESOME THAT IM EXCITED ABOUT!!

message 45: by Ninja (new)

GreenDaisy BlackStem wrote: "Ninja wrote: "GreenDaisy BlackStem wrote: "NO!! Its and actual cloak and it's purple on the inside and black on the outside!!"

Oh okay! Well what does it have to do with the movie?"

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOVIE ITS AN ACTUAL CLOAK THAT IS AWESOME THAT IM EXCITED ABOUT!! "

Erm, okay then! You were just talking about the movie and then said something about the cloak so I thought it was related. :)

message 46: by Ninja (new)

Lauren wrote: "They were. They ambushed the bus route. It's disturbing to see people have to sink so low to convince unprepared children, because that is all they can convince."

Yes I know. But if they didn't, would you have a problem?

message 47: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Lauren wrote: "http://friendlyatheist.com/2009/05/02...

Opinions?"

IO can imagine alot of people that would kill them if they tried to do that to me Suzi or Carmella.

message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) The problem is, replace "bible" with "communist manifesto" or "satanic bible" and NOW people will be annoyed.

message 49: by Jill (last edited May 03, 2009 05:16PM) (new)

Jill (wanderingrogue) | 118 comments Ninja wrote: "Yes I know. But if they didn't, would you have a problem? "

I'm pretty sure that one day, if you were a mother, you would have a pretty serious problem with me standing outside your small child's school, handing them little pamphlets on why the Bible isn't true. Especially if they were really young and impressionable.

It's an assholish move regardless of the intent.

message 50: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) It's teaching them what to think, not how to think.

« previous 1