Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > duplicate

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charles (new)

Charles | 20 comments I have somehow a duplicate edition listed. The book is As Told To and there are (in addition to the print version) two e-book versions. The unwanted e-book is the one labeled as an e-book, published May 1, with the ISBN 9780989349 The correct version is the one labeled as a Kindle, published in April, with the ISBN 9780989349260.

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Fixed

Please do not remove/swap ASIN's from editions. GR uses the ASIN on a kindle edition.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan Ziggy (susanziggyhelpsyahoocom) | 6 comments Hi Paula,
I have the same problem that Charles had. I have my book "What to do before you say I do" listed twice. It's the same book so would you please delete one of them?
Thanks,
Susan Ziggy

message 4: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl Susan, I see it listed 3 times and they all have ISBNs. Can you link to the edition you think shouldn't be there?

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan Ziggy (susanziggyhelpsyahoocom) | 6 comments you can get rid of 2 of them, they are all the same book. Thanks in advance if you can do that.

message 6: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl They're not the same book - they're different editions and different formats, each with a unique ISBN.
https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

We don't delete editions with unique ISBNs.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan Ziggy (susanziggyhelpsyahoocom) | 6 comments Hi Lobstergirl, that name makes me smile, I guess you liked lobster :) I don't know why they are all different ISBN #'s. The only one I need is 07140 series :) Is that ok or do I have to keep all three for some strange reason? Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Enjoy the day

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41470 comments Mod
One is the paperback, one the hardcover, and one the ebook. We keep them all.