Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) Thoughtless discussion


470 views
Do you think Kiera can be considered as a slut?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by BMO (new)

BMO No. She's just an awful and stupid human being :/


message 3: by Sandra =) (last edited Jun 12, 2013 09:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sandra =) Oh, hell, yeah. Sorry for the harsh word. :)
And, I do agree with you. She is just a human being (character on a book). :)


message 4: by BMO (new)

BMO Don't worry, I got what you mean with slut ;)


Sandra =) Uh-huh. :) And "that" what made me think of the word, "slut". :)


kiace She’s just a human being who doesn't know what she wants.


message 7: by Erika (new)

Erika I wondered why so many readers had such a hard time with Kiera. She was young and it was a hard position to be in. At 21-22 you don't really know what you want out of love and it's hard to break someone's heart on purpose.


message 8: by kiace (last edited Jun 12, 2013 01:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

kiace Erika wrote: "I wondered why so many readers had such a hard time with Kiera. She was young and it was a hard position to be in. At 21-22 you don't really know what you want out of love and it's hard to break ..."


yeah but she can't have two. I mean it's not okay to cheat. She have to pick one. :)
I haven't read the other books so... i don't really know what to say. Some people hate her actions but it makes the book interesting.


Ilana cheating and being a slut are 2 different things. you have to remember that. i think that there were quite a few times that i was questioning her morals, but i think that she can't be considered a slut at all. that would mean that she'd get around, but that's not the case here .


Sandra =) Yeah. SLUT is so harsh. And Kiera is not one. :)


Avidread Actually, I kinda disagree with most of you guys. I think her behavior in fact was kind of slutty. I mean she would keep going back and forth between Kellan and Denny, literally getting out of one's bed to go to another's...isn't that slutty?
I actually don't mind cheating in my books, it makes for an interesting read (like the Mighty Swan by Samantha Towle); but when Kiera actually continues sleeping with Denny after all that while stringing Kellan along...I was disgusted by her especially since Denny was a pretty good guy. At least the girl from the Mighty Swan didn't continue sleeping with her bf after she cheated.


Danielle ⚾️ (Danielle's Escape) I would say a slutty tease, not so certain of her young feelings. She did have some crazy scenes like how do you sleep with one and move to the next a few hours later? Really? Drove me crazy.


Chelsey ha ha - depends on how you define the term!
She only slept with two guys, but she would sleep with one right after the other.
I found her behavior more immature than slutty.


Rebecca YES!


Danielle ⚾️ (Danielle's Escape) Young and dumb. But finally wakes up and smells the COFFEE!! LOL


Sarah I've only read the first in the series, and I had a hard enough time finishing it. I thought she was extremely naive, immature and dumb. But I wouldnt call her a slut. Was she wrong? Yes. I think the book should have been called Heartless.


Angie Arrington I don't see her as a slut, two men by the age of 21 is not sleeping around. I think the first time she slept with Kellan it was acceptable, she and Denny were broken up...to not tell Denny when they got back together was pushing it, but still acceptable...to continue to sleep with both of them was unconscionable. I understand it was a difficult choice to make, but for god's sake quit sleeping with both of them while you piece it together!


message 18: by BEE (new) - rated it 4 stars

BEE I don't think she a slut, but definitely a very selfish & confused individual


Danielle ⚾️ (Danielle's Escape) Sarah wrote: "I've only read the first in the series, and I had a hard enough time finishing it. I thought she was extremely naive, immature and dumb. But I wouldnt call her a slut. Was she wrong? Yes. I thi..."

Awesome.. Heartless!


message 20: by ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (last edited Jun 28, 2013 09:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ Erika wrote: "I wondered why so many readers had such a hard time with Kiera. She was young and it was a hard position to be in. At 21-22 you don't really know what you want out of love and it's hard to break ..."

Agree.. It's not like she was tryin to be malicious. She was young and found herself in a situation she never thought she would be in. Through mistakes of her own yes, but also due to things that were out of her control. She didn't get there by herself nor plan to. Don't forget she wasn't just playin games or playin the odds against the middle with these 2 guys. She had real profound feelings for the both of them.

FYI Slut would equate what Kellan was doing all those years with all those different chicks before he fell in love with Keira, & even after he fell in love with Keira. Lets not forget how he reacted after Denny came back. What was he throwin in her face? What was he doing? So yeah I would say the "Slut" in this story would have to be Kellan.

Funny this hasn't been brought up here... He was the only one in this story that fits to a T what the definition of a slut is. Well, besides Griffin :)

Even though I love Kellan's butt to pieces he was still a slut puppy


 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ Cha Cha wrote: "ha ha - depends on how you define the term!
She only slept with two guys, but she would sleep with one right after the other.
I found her behavior more immature than slutty."


Agree


Chelsey ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ wrote: "Erika wrote: "I wondered why so many readers had such a hard time with Kiera. She was young and it was a hard position to be in. At 21-22 you don't really know what you want out of love and it's ..."

he he - slut puppy! LOL


message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I hated the book ,hated Kiera I've never hated a main character like I hate her and I think her actions are really stupid and slutty when I was reading the book I just wanted to slap her across the face, shake her and tell her to pick one she kept both of them and she doesn't even deserve any of them not that I love Kellan and Denny but they were way better than her I mean come on Denny was so blind and Kellan was a man whore but still they both deserve better than her and I wanted her to end up alone but unfortunately that didn't happen :(


message 24: by BMO (new)

BMO Rand wrote: "...I wanted her to end up alone..."

Me too, I think that her actions should not be rewarded with having someone (but I didn't read more than this book so I don't know if she learns).
All I know is that if someone was stringing me along like her, not even talking how she went from one's bed to another right away, I would have walked away. Life is too short to keep waiting for a person to make up his/her mind.

I would go like "You know where to find me. When you make up your mind find me, until then I've got shit to do"


message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Bárbara wrote: "Rand wrote: "...I wanted her to end up alone..."

Me too, I think that her actions should not be rewarded with having someone (but I didn't read more than this book so I don't know if she learns). ..."

LOL Kellan probably should have done that anyway I thought I was being unfair to the book and people kept telling me that Kiera become more mature so I started with effortless (the second one) but I didn't even finish it. though I have to admit kiera stepped up she was being an idiot and immature in a whole another level LOL so there weren't any changes from this one because of that I stopped reading and I cursed the time I spent on it


message 26: by BMO (new)

BMO Well, the true is that the first book didn't interest me enough to want to go back to it's world. However, many series get better.

But, I, as someone who loves to read, have lots of books that I want to star on them.

So now I have this rule: if you didn't like much the first book, don't waste time on the rest right away. Go read other books and then, maybe, come back to the series.

It seems that's a good thing, if what you say is true. :)


message 27: by Ania (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ania Mathisen sorry but YES. Sorry to say but i would definitely hate her


message 28: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee are there any other books like this series??


Becca Siller I wanted to throttle her through the two books I've read. I will probably read the third book eventually just because I have OCD about finishing a series I start but I digress. I think that she was immature and selfish. I hated the fact that she could never make a dang decision! Maybe the word SLUT isn't the word I'd use to describe her but I definitely think she's lacking in morality and integrity.


Ms. Nina nope. its life. life is about learning from ur mistakes. well slut for me, is uhmm.. having sex to some random guys without any love or feelings to the guy. its like sex is just a game and the bed is ur playground.


message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

why so many people are angry with Kiera? what about Kellan? he was as guilty as Kiera was. Kiera found herself in a situation where so many of us would have reacted the same way.it was a situation that was out of her control. cooommmmmmmon people?


Sarah They're both heartless.


message 33: by Ania (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ania Mathisen She had a boufriend he was free thats why she is not so nice


Alesia You should read the others books before everyone starts passing judgement on 1/3 of the book (just saying).... I kinda felt to same way in the beginning but then I kept reading and wouldn't of wanted it to end any other way......


Hannah I agree with a few ppl on here no she can't be considered a slut reality is she's slept with 2 ppl not a whole town. I liked Keira and questioned why so many ppl were against here if the roles were reversed and Keira was a male protagonist guaranteed the same things wouldn't have been said


message 36: by BMO (new)

BMO I don't care if she's a girl, a boy or a monkey....I would judge her the same: based on her actions on the first book of this series. Which I did.

And sure, Kellan was an asshole as well. However, answering just the question that was asked on this thread, regarding Keira, my answer is the same. "No. She's just an awful and stupid human being :/" *shrugs*


Jenny No.


Ms. Nina i suggest that you read the entire series first. hahahaha


Cynthia exactly. Even at 22, confused or not. You're old enough to know that if you can't decide then be considerate to not date either, then you're free to explore options without stringing them along. She's old enough to know there were other options first.


Nelly No. She can't be considered as a slut... she IS a slut, (or WAS at least in the first book lol!)
In 2 & 3 she became a better woman ;


Nelly Nina Cristia wrote: "nope. its life. life is about learning from ur mistakes. well slut for me, is uhmm.. having sex to some random guys without any love or feelings to the guy. its like sex is just a game and the bed ..."


Right! And what about having sex with a guy in the morning while telling him he's the one she loves, and with another one in the afternoon? Yeah, definitely a slut!


message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

for some of u who had considered Kiara as a slut, maybe because u guys havent read the second and the third book yet. in my mind, she was just been a human being.


Cynthia Tetou wrote: "for some of u who had considered Kiara as a slut, maybe because u guys havent read the second and the third book yet. in my mind, she was just been a human being."

just because she settled down with one of them, does not exclude the fact that she acted slutty getting to that point.


message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

cynthia, I agree with u. however, why nobody says anything bad Kellan Kyle. actually, we glamourize him. he is no different. even Danny had referred to Kiera's behavoir as "falling in love" im not saying her behavoir was acceptable. she just fell in love.


Nelly I read all the 3 books, and yes, I think she was a slut in the first one.
Maybe Kellan was also a slut, but at least he didn't have a girlfriend whom he was cheating on.
This was the problem with Kiera. I loved her in the other books but in the first one I really disliked her.


Sarah He was betraying his friend though


message 47: by ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (last edited Jul 29, 2013 01:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ Tetou wrote: "cynthia, I agree with u. however, why nobody says anything bad Kellan Kyle. actually, we glamourize him. he is no different. even Danny had referred to Kiera's behavoir as "falling in love" im not ..."

THANK YOU!!! I mentioned this I dont know how many comments ago above.. Kellan is the very definition of a Slut. even after he & Keira got together. he claimed he loved her too yet that didn't stop him from screwin all kinds of chicks in her face, I might add, after Denny came back. He did that crap to spite her. He went back to what was comfortable for him... Sleepin with all kinds of females. Yet Keira havin 2 sexual partners in her life she ends up labeled the slut? Do I agree with her choices & how she handled things? No. But I wouldn't say she was a slut cos of it. She played no games. she truly loved both of them. & Given the circumstances of how it all came about, I can't really blame her. How she handled it was an all too common & human mistake. I just wish she would have handled her crises sooner than what she did.


message 48: by ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (last edited Jul 29, 2013 01:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ Sarah wrote: "He was betraying his friend though"

Exactly.. they (Kellan & Keira) both were wrong.


❤️Melanie G.📖💛 Keira was not a slut. She was confused, lonely, young and struggling with so many changes in her life.


Cynthia ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ wrote: "Tetou wrote: "cynthia, I agree with u. however, why nobody says anything bad Kellan Kyle. actually, we glamourize him. he is no different. even Danny had referred to Kiera's behavoir as "falling in..."

Oh, no I FULLY agree Kellan is a man-slut. I believe in that sense they are perfect for eachother. I do not glamourize him in the least. I was just focusing on one character but both are awful, at least to honesty.


« previous 1
back to top