Pikes Peak Library District discussion

Discussion Questions > Non-fiction Readers

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by uosɯɐS (new)

uosɯɐS  (maece) | 3 comments What non-fiction book are you reading right now? (or recently finished).

I'm reading "Time Reborn" by physicist Lee Smolin. It is part physics and part philosophy, about how our attachment to "timeless truth" is a problem both in physics and for our daily lives. He seeks to somehow apply evolutionary ideas to the laws of physics.

message 2: by Alana (new)

Alana (alanasbooks) I read Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln over the summer. Fascinating stuff! With non-fiction I have to slow down and pay more attention but I always feel so much more rewarded when I'm done.

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindynath) | 8 comments Hobo quilts- skip past the quilt directions to the primary sources on life near the rails. A quick read.

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindynath) | 8 comments Have you read "Cod" - it is amazing and well written.

message 5: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (savannahjan) | 4 comments I just finished reading "Just Mercy." Wow. It was powerful. It is about Bryan Stevenson's quest to save people wrongly accused on death row. He tells about a lot of his clients. It is very well-written. I definitely recommend it.

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindynath) | 8 comments I saw his interview on Super Soul Sunday. I have it on my want to read list. Thanks for the recommendation.