Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > HBO's True Blood

Comments Showing 1-50 of 758 (758 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

message 1: by Jess (last edited Apr 27, 2009 07:20PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Anyone watch HBO's True Blood - based off of the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris. I just wanted to share the new poster advertising season 2. It took me forever to "see" the image. But I finally got it! I can't wait for the new season to start.

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/nextraima...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i love this show and i cant wait to see season two... June its coming up fast :)

message 3: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (last edited May 14, 2009 06:03AM) (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments Not sure if I will keep watching the only thing that kept me going last season was Lafette (sp?) & Eric and since he is about to be killed off not sure if Eric will be enough.

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Well I saw one of the teaser's for this upcoming season, and it was the scene from the second book, where Bill and Sookie are arguing in the car and she's attacked.

I guess they will be sticking to the book?

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments If anything it will force me to give the series another try, as I stopped after the first book, but now I'll want to read the second book before watching the new season. I've been watching the first season with a friend and we've got four episodes left, but the trailers for season 2 look intriguing.

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Darkheart you should try the series out again, I think they get better as they go along with 4 being my favorite :)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments I might as well, I bought the box set when it came out in December as two of my friends absolutely rave about the series. I didn't dislike the first one, I just wasn't that drawn into it. I have heard it improves as it goes along though.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Jess..how do you feel about Tara being so different in the series than in the books?

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 60 comments I am renting the season one tommorow. I don't have HBO
So I will have to wait to see season 2 unless you can watch them online.

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I'm not sure what to think. I try to think about the show being separate from the book, but it's hard. I like the storylines the show has, but it does irritate me a little when characters are changed. I wasn't really fond of that whole storyline with Tara that happened. (I don't want to go into detail for those who haven't seen it.)

And the last show with the character people think is the maynaed (SP?)and now there are rumors that it's not really that character but a different one.

I almost rather would have the show go in a different direction so I stop comparing lol.

What do you think about it?

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Yes, I completely agree. I am fine with it being different from the books, just like any movie or show. I actually like the Tara character, but I just didn't like the interactions with Sam, kwim? Plus, what about her clothing store...lol.

message 12: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments I look at them as separate entities--I think you have to. Otherwise, it becomes too frustrating. But, I don't appreciate the mad black woman angle, with Tara being so terribly over-the-top. It irks me.

When the character was first introduced, I couldn't see the relation between her and book-Tara (whose abuse by a boyfriend is a big catalyst for a later storyline).

But now that she's in the clutches of the manead, I suppose she may become more weak-willed.

Out of all the changes, the only one I really appreciated was the expansion of Lafayette's character. He helped keep me watching through my initial irritation.

I think the V storyline with the brother could have been handled better. That's the part that almost lost me as a viewer!

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments *Season 1 Spoilers*

I also think the FoS part with Jason is going to be annoying. I loved Lafayette too...
I read on the hbo thread that Maryann isn't the manaed...which is strange to me.
I'm having a hard time remembering the boyfriend abuse thing for Tara, maybe I need to reread?? Does it involve Eggs or the vampire?

message 14: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Laura: It involves the vampire. Eggs was just...stupid. Book Tara let Eggs lead her around and inspired stupidity, but wasn't physically abusive, while the vampire she got passed off to later was. Which got Sookie involved because she wanted to prevent Tara from getting herself killed. I still need to reread them all before I delve into the new book, which sits here forlornly wondering why I haven't read it yet.

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments I think I remember now...Sookie going into said vampire apartment and facing off.

message 16: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Yup! Well, I couldn't see TV Tara letting herself get into that kind of situation. But with the odd character who now may or may not be the maenad, we now see a Tara more susceptible to outside influence...

The TV Tara we started with would never have ended up in an abusive relationship.

Veering totally off that topic, did anyone notice that Eric's hair now looks SHORT in the commercial?! And he's wearing a track jacket?

Bizarre.

And not as hot with the short hair.

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments I did notice the short hair, it seems too neatly combed or something. It should be more like bed head. lol That picture is bizarre, don't all 3 fangtasia vamps have on track apparati? Out for their evening jog, perhaps? I'm guessing that is when they bring Sookie in from the "attack"...what do you think?

message 18: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments possible spoilers

I haven't seen that picture yet. I saw the preview they had on the website, with everything black and white. What's with the maenad rubbing blood all over Sam lol. Maybe they are sticking to the book.. as I recall there was a sexual relationship going on there.

I wonder what they're going to do with Jason's character. Frankly in the first season he just irritated me lol. Even more so than book Jason irritates me. He's kind of a useless character.

message 19: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Laura: Bed head! LOL

I think they all do have some sort of weekend casual wear look going for them. But it's most strikingly....wrong-looking on Eric, for some reason. I don't see him as getting Abercrombie'd out.

Jess: I'm sort of confused with where they're taking the Jason storyline. He's joining Fellowship of the Sun...but the local chapter in Bon Temps, while Sookie and Bill ARE going to Dallas as they do in the book.

Perhaps Jason will be on retreat in Dallas at the same time as the showdown?

message 20: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hmm maybe they will. Did you read that the show is definitely having Bill and Sookie go to Dallas? I think I'm going to reread this next book, I'm a little fuzzy on what happened.

I kinda wish Jason would just disappear lol. He's just useless to the plot in both the book and the show. I can see that maybe he's there for comic relief. But he's not that funny lol.

message 21: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments You're right, he's not that funny...such a waste cause he is damn nice looking.

message 22: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 60 comments I am going to watching the first season tonight. Is it basically a book a season?

message 23: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Yes it's just book one. Pretty cool how they can do that...here's to 9+ seasons of True Blood!

message 24: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 60 comments haha wow I guess you are right Laura .... 9 seasons at least.
I have only read book 1&2 so at least I wont miss anything on the tv season. So many books so little time.

message 25: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Jess wrote: "Hmm maybe they will. Did you read that the show is definitely having Bill and Sookie go to Dallas? I think I'm going to reread this next book, I'm a little fuzzy on what happened.

I kinda wish Jas..."

I saw on HBO a quick snippet of the set, and Allen Ball talking about the vamp hotel.

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 60 comments Ok so I watched almost the whole thing and I have to say I am disappointed. None of the characters were what I expected excepted for Eric. In my mind all the guys were just a lot bigger. Jason was not so much of a jerk either.

message 27: by DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (last edited May 27, 2009 01:52PM) (new)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments Okay, track suit jacket aside, I think Eric looks way hotter with the short hair. I like long hair, I just think the shorte cut suits him better - at least in the previews here True Blood preview at scifiguy.ca

message 28: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments Oh, yum.

Excuse me while I try to bring my blood pressure back down to normal. Damn, that man is fine.

Oh, that they'd treat us to another bath scene...

Ahem. Looks great though. If it lives up to the trailer, it looks like it'll be even tighter than the first season. I love Eric's face when she smacks him.

Weepy Vampire Bill. Cry me a river!

So, yeah, I think I can work my way to dealing with the short hair. Bring it on!

;)

message 29: by Sara (new)

Sara (leelan) | 51 comments I read the fist book because my husband watched the series and loved it. I wasnt' into vampires last season, then read Twilight and well now I am on the vamp train too. So I started the book. Hated it. Yall I really hated it. However watched an episode last night from last season and actually like the show. Shocked! Usually a book is much better but in this case to me it's not.

message 30: by Cat (new)

Cat (shynet5025) I Love the book series some books more than others but I did love them and yes Eric is so hot.

message 31: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Oh that trailer was MINT! Who's house is Bill trying to enter??? Also, I liked Sookie's Fangstasia tshirt...gotta get me one!!! lol

message 32: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Anybody watch this 2nite?

message 33: by Sara (new)

Sara (leelan) | 51 comments I watched it. I like Bill's hair better this year. I like the show better than the book. I couldn't get into the second book the first one drove me nuts.

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments haha I like both!

message 35: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I'm going crazy! I want to watch it but I can't until tomorrow! Stupid work!

message 36: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments Can't wait to hear what you think Kelley Anne! I watched it again today, lol.

message 37: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I have it on DVR but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'll probably watch it at the end of the week. Can't wait. Hope it's good :)

message 38: by Kasia (new)

Kasia So did you guys see it yet?

message 39: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments I know... I don't wanna spoil anything, but I'm dying to know what others think.

message 40: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments *Spoliers for Episode 1*

Wow! Ok, so I just finished watching it! First off, they are making some major changes from the book. That's fine, I just have to remind myself that I can enjoy them both seperatly! I am glad that Lafayette isn't dead! I really liked him and was sad to think that he would be gone! I have a feeling that Eric is going to make Sookie come to "listen" to some humans and one of them will end up being Lafayette!

Also, Jason. Wow, he tends to turn on a dime every other day! He really needs to become a man and learn his own mind rather than just always going along with others. So, he's planning on going to Dallas for a conference for a week. I wont be surprised if Sookie will run into him there!

And what's with Maryanne? I just keep getting more and more confused by her!

Oh, and Eric is gorgeous! I like the short hair better.

message 41: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Kelley Anne wrote: "First off, they are making some major changes from the book."

No complaints on my side. It actually irritated me some last season that I knew what's gonna happen. Now it's all going to be fresh and unexpected. I kinda like it that way.

Kelley Anne wrote: "I am glad that Lafayette isn't dead!"

Ditto. He's such a vivid, interesting character - both in books and on a screen. I'm so happy they've decided to leave him on the show.

Kelley Anne wrote: "Oh, and Eric is gorgeous! I like the short hair better. "

Oh God yes, Eric! YUM. I'm so hoping he'll get more screen time this season, last year I've only got a few glimpses of him and that's just not enough.

message 42: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Laura wrote: "I know... I don't wanna spoil anything, but I'm dying to know what others think. "

I'm with you Laura!

message 43: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I agree Kasia, I hope that Eric gets some more screen time! Of course, in the books, he wasn't a book part of #1 either.

message 44: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments I was so confused by Eric's foils! I thought it was some type of neurotransmitter thingy, then I saw the cape and my lightbulb went off!

message 45: by Kasia (new)

Kasia HAHAHHAhahahahehehehe, that's funny Laura!

message 46: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments I was so thrown by that too! Vampire getting highlights. Who'd a thunk it?

Wow, they made him uber-vicious in that scene.

message 47: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Actually Eric dyes his hair in books as well, so it all makes sense. But, well, reading about it and seeing Eric like that are two very different things. I loved that scene (until it got violent it was funny - but that's the whole show in a nutshell for ya).

message 48: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 1831 comments What book or scene does he dye his hair in? I'm re-reading them all now and don't recall the reference.

message 49: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Now that you ask I cannot recall either... Maybe I'm mixing it with some other series, damn there's just too much of it all to keep track.

message 50: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Ok, I felt like I had to make up for that... Would this do?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16