An Advanced Victorian Steampunk Roleplay discussion

London Outskirts > Hunting Grounds

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((RP with approved characters ONLY.))

message 2: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Bertrand urged his steel grey hunter over a hedge. Their graceful landing would have made for a handsome view had Bertrand's lips and jaw not been set in a hard line.

Vivvie, disowned?

He reined Theseus in to a high-spirited trot and turned him around, his blue eyes searching the crest of the hill for his brother.

message 3: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Only once they were actually on the grounds, did Ben realize he hadn't even brought a rifle. Cursing, he had kicked his horse, Bob, into a gallop. Ben had named his giant stallion of a horse Bob because not only had it been good for a laugh, but because it had annoyed his father.

He was still reeling from Jessamine's news. Vivian had been disowned because she had spoken to an ex beau. He still couldn't believe it.

He heard his brother behind him and slowed Bob to a light canter.

message 4: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments As Theseus and Bob whickered and snorted at each other, Bertrand looked at Ben's steely visage and knew they were thinking the same thing.

"I had no idea it was this bad at home," the older twin said, fiddling with his reins. "I'd have come sooner if I'd known..."

"He disowned her for speaking again with Stephen Dedalus, and for what else?" Bertrand wondered out loud. "What else has she done that would give cause for disowning her? She's not a horrible girl. Rebellious and headstrong, yes, but..."

message 5: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "He's a fool," Ben muttered. "Doesn't he realize that his precious family honor has been even more marred by disowning her?" he rubbed his hand over his short, buzzed red hair. He took off his tie and tied it around Bob's reins.

"What will happen to her, Bert? No family, no money, no value as a wife?" he shook his head. "Disowning her has destroyed her future," he finished.

message 6: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Bertrand hated talking of his beloved little sister as though she were a commodity, and he knew that Ben did too. But it was a valid point. As the youngest, and as a girl, Vivian had already started life with the shortest straw possible.

Their darling Vivvie was utterly ruined. And for what? For being who she was?

"We should go over there," he said, referring to Northby's mansion. "See if she'll talk to us. Maybe we can do something."

message 7: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Ben nodded. "Northby is a good man. A better brother than either of us," he said, completely unaware of how right he was.

message 8: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Bertrand clucked his tongue against the roof of his mouth to encourage Theseus into a walk. "Shall we go later on tonight? Or even now?"

message 9: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 20, 2013 11:12AM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "Tonight," Ben said. "Let's send word on ahead in case he's indisposed." Bob cantered along beside Theseus. "But you and the family are moving over to the hotel right now," he told his older brother.

message 10: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments "Amelia won't go. The boys' tutors are arriving tomorrow," Bertrand sighed. "I know," he said, holding up a hand to silence Ben. "I want them with us, too, but I don't want to antagonize Father any further. But I will go with you. I cannot abide by this."

message 11: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Ben nodded. At least Bert would come. That was good enough for now.

message 12: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ***END OF SCENE***