SciFi and Fantasy eBook Club discussion

Member Chat > Super Hero

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim | 418 comments Don't know if anyone is interested in the superhero genre but I've just come across a blog a mate of mine has written which is a very thoughtful piece on the new Superman film, looking at the History of Superman

http://keirarts.wordpress.com/2013/06...

message 2: by Vardan (new)

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 92 comments I think the core problem of Superman is his invincibility, which makes him unrelatable to. After all, all of us are vulnerable and in that sense, in my opinion, Batman is a much more relatable superhero than Superman can ever be no matter the amount of beard and menial jobs you put him through

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Nielsen | 48 comments I tried reading that post you linked to but the spelling and grammar are terrible and distracting

message 4: by Vardan (new)

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 92 comments beyond the evident typos, pretty interesting read making a case for the comeback of Lex Luthor.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 418 comments Keir isn't yet a writer as such, but someone with an immense love of film :-) (And an even more immense knowledge)
But yes, I've recommended that he write the blog in something with a spell checker and then put it in the blog, which is what I tend to do with mine.
I was interested in the comment about being able to relate to Batman and not to Superman, I'd not thought about it like that before

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris Nielsen | 48 comments I shouldn't complain. Punctuation is something a lot of people have trouble with nowadays

message 7: by Evan (last edited Jun 12, 2013 08:35PM) (new)

Evan Blacjack Villain
First book I have read that was strictly super heroes vs villains. Found it just recently, and this thread reminded me of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Blackjack-Villa...