Modern Good Reads discussion

I, the Provocateur
This topic is about I, the Provocateur
Read For Review (R4R) > R4R: science fiction thrill ride

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Hi everyone, I have just released my new science fiction novel I, the Provocateur and am looking for reviewers who would read and post their reviews to Goodreads and Amazon websites. The total number of copies I will be giving out is 15. Comment below for your copy and I will get in touch with you. I look forward to hearing from you!

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Please also be informed that my first novel The After/Life will be free for one day only starting the 13th of June so grab that while it's there and do let me know what you thought!

message 3: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Levoy | 15 comments where will it be available

message 5: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Levoy | 15 comments i will be sure to grab it...thank you so much.

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Robert wrote: "i will be sure to grab it...thank you so much."

no problem, looking forward to hearing your opinion on it!

message 7: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Levoy | 15 comments Being a disabled veteran on a small pension...the free ones is the only ones i can get.

message 8: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Levoy | 15 comments trying to find authors that are willing to send signed copies of their books.

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments I would love to send you a signed copy and would definitely do it if my novels weren't in ebook format.

message 10: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Levoy | 15 comments i understand that.

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments do you read a lot? what is your preferred genre?

message 12: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Levoy | 15 comments mystery, crime, horror, history

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments no science fiction?

message 14: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Levoy | 15 comments oh love that too...the only kind i dont like if romance

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Robert wrote: "oh love that too...the only kind i dont like if romance"

Ditto, enjoy the read!

message 16: by Robert (new) - added it

Robert Levoy | 15 comments which read?

message 17: by Erich (new)

Erich Penhoff | 133 comments Robert wrote: "Being a disabled veteran on a small pension...the free ones is the only ones i can get."

Robert...send me your address. As a ex-uniform it will be an honor to send you some books, e-mail it to me as a private message. Books will be signed!
We are veterans from different wars. But remember your injuries are the mark of service to your country. Be proud!

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Robert wrote: "which read?"

The After/Life for now and later on - I, the Provocateur

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Erich wrote: "Robert wrote: "Being a disabled veteran on a small pension...the free ones is the only ones i can get."

Robert...send me your address. As a ex-uniform it will be an honor to send you some books, e..."

That's what I call solidarity!

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Robert wrote: "oh love that too...the only kind i dont like if romance"

Hey Robert, did you get to pick up the free copy of The After/Life during the Amazon promotion?

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to inform you that I, the Provocateur will be free on Amazon for one day only. Pick up your free copy today and be sure to leave your feedback! Happy reading!

http://www.amazon.com/I-the-Provocate...

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments How do you tackle a system like this? How do you provoke unrest in a system that has exterminated the very principle of the individual, of dignity and self-expression, of free enterprise and thought? How do you undermine a system drenched in mutual suspicion and paranoia, a system in constant search of an enemy, a scapegoat, a victim to sacrifice and devour with no cost too high to preserve the absolute verticality of power?

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Just one more hour to go until the free promotion ends... have you gotten your copy of I, the Provocateur yet? If not, here is the link:

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments would you like to fly this baby?

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Tomorrow, the all-seeing and all-controlling eye of Truthovision would be back online and the Remanian regime’s grip on power would tighten once again. The time was running out…

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Just received this awesome review from Johan, who rated I, the Provocateur 5 stars and said:

In this story ,where the book '1984',the movie 'total recall' and the video game 'just cause' (where you use chaos to overthrow the government) meet each other, Adrian stands up against the regime, and tries to overthrow it by using his disguises (which gets him in weird situations) ,acting skills, and badassness. The action in This book starts very fast and keeps going until the very end, only pausing to make place for some awesome plot twists.

This book makes you realise what is going on in our world ,like: (child) abuse, people that think trade is more important than rights, and the thought that women are less than man.

The author has done a really good job writing This book, and I have noticed he has made an effort of promoting it by posting: his writing progress, quotes and posters for the book (which are awesome).

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments You can now participate in a giveaway for I, the Provocateur here:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Good luck and happy reading!

message 31: by Lotta (new)

Lotta Bangs | 23 comments Sounds interesting. SF is my favorite genre. I’d like to R4R. Prefer PDF please. lottabanks@gmail.com

message 32: by Zack (last edited Jul 03, 2013 12:20AM) (new)

Zack Eh, would rather be able to just R4R outright than have to compete in a raffle type give-away. You've lost me. The series seems fun, the author, not so much.

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Zack wrote: "Eh, rather would be able to just R4R outright than have to compete in a raffle type give-away. You've lost me. The series seems fun, the author, not so much."

Hey Zach, I am sorry if I confused you and I accept your point in terms of this thread being dedicated to a direct R4R. PM me with your email address and I will send you a copy. Please also state the preferred format.

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Lotta wrote: "Sounds interesting. SF is my favorite genre. I’d like to R4R. Prefer PDF please. lottabanks@gmail.com"

Hi Lotta, I just mailed out your copy. Happy reading!

message 35: by Zack (last edited Jul 03, 2013 12:39AM) (new)

Zack You didn't confuse me. Your deleted comment made it apparent that interested R4R's would have to participate in some type of give-away. I'm glad you didn't make Lotta go through the process though, and i hope she enjoys your novel.

message 36: by Vardan (last edited Jul 03, 2013 01:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Zack wrote: "You didn't confuse me. Your deleted comment made it apparent that interested R4R's would have to participate in some type of give-away. I'm glad you didn't make Lotta go through the process though."

Yes, Zack, I did as I realized it would not be fair to direct the R4R participants of this thread to a giveaway on another thread. Please let me know if you are interested in reviewing the novel.

message 37: by Zack (last edited Jul 03, 2013 01:17AM) (new)

Zack zacK. Also, nice to see proceeds from your first novel going to such a valiant charity. Kudos.

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Zack wrote: "zacK. Also, nice to see proceeds from your first novel going to such a valiant charity. Kudos."

Edited that one, Zack, and I thank you for your comment regarding The After/Life.

The foundation where I am working as projects and external relations coordinator actually did some serious work on the orphanage but the support cannot be restrained to infrastructure improvement - these kids need toys, games, clothing and, above all, attention - not to feel left out of the world. I thought it only right to dedicate my debut novel to them and will definitely continue the support for as long as I am capable.

message 39: by Lotta (new)

Lotta Bangs | 23 comments Sorry Vardan, but the PDF has not yet arrived, I have no mail from you and it’s not in the SPAM folder either.

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Lotta wrote: "Sorry Vardan, but the PDF has not yet arrived, I have no mail from you and it’s not in the SPAM folder either."

Hey, Lotta, let me resend it to you. Please confirm via this thread or PM me when you get it.

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Another 5* review for I, the Provocateur:

"instantly capturing interesting read. though dystopian topic is not what i`d usually choose, somehow i picked this book for a change and don`t regret it. a fast paced story full of action took me through a fantastic journey, set in future on a dystopian planet, with plot twists i never saw coming and wondered till the very end. predicting the hero is useless, guessing anything about to happen just as well.
nevertheless, the book is also deep and touching, tells about hope and strong will, about humanity apart, as single individuals and in unison.
loved the heroe`s somewhat comical phrases here and there to break my serious face reading the book. the writing style itself is very catchy. for me English is a foreign language, but the text being easy and natural, yet rich and eloquent, i had no problem reading it."

message 42: by Lotta (new)

Lotta Bangs | 23 comments Sorry Vardan, it still hasn’t turned up

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments could you please PM me with your email address or an alternative one I can use? I am sending via gmail so there shouldn't have been any issue.

message 44: by Lotta (new)

Lotta Bangs | 23 comments Sorry to be such a nuisance. I presume PM means personal mail, and I can’t do that unless I have your email. My daughter suggested that if you sent your own email, I could add it to contacts and things should be fine after that. You could try me at lottabangs@yahoo.com.au . It’s odd—I’ve been having the same problem with Jodi too, but everyone else worked fine.

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Hi Lotta, no problem at all. Pleas email me at v.partamyan@gmail.com and I will reply with the attached file of my novel.

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Just resent it, did you receive?

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Another great review for I, the Provocateur:

"The book is really fast-paced and gripping. I liked the Provocateur himself, his witty remarks and his beard (that was quite important in a hilarious moment that I loved and found FABULOUS;) I'm giving 4 stars because of Mr. Romario! ).

The plot twists were impossible to predict. I guess the reader just has to roll with the flow, just like Mr. Temple.

Quick and nice read if you feel like kicking some asses!"

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Received this awesome review from the lovely Amy Queau:

"I loved this book! Once again, Mr. Partamyan has breached my imagination with I, the Provocateur, and pulled out the suspense, action, and thought-provoking drama that I enjoy reading the most.
When I didn't think his writing could improve, Vardan shines even more in his latest work. I was even taking note of his unique sentence structures and marveled at his use of words. Amazing, Simply amazing.
I couldn't even sum up this book if I tried. But between the characters, the corrupt government, and all the mayhem that it produced from a single man, I should have easily gotten confused. But this author spreads each layer on, giving you enough time to process what all is happening.
I couldn't say that I had read many science fiction novels before, but I can tell you that after reading this I'll be looking for some to add to my To Read list.
For me, this was a five star book and am definitely looking forward to his future work."

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 122 comments Another day, another 5 star review. I want to use this opportunity and thank all the people who read I, the Provocateur and I sincerely hope you enjoyed it! Here's the review from Arevik:

"After the first book by Vardan Partamyan, this one proved to be a leap high up. The language has improved so much and the storyline was well developed. Though I am not a huge fan of this type of literature, I did greatly enjoy the book as a quick and interesting reading. There was also some humor in the book which, I feel is becoming one of the strong sides of the author. Go on writing, Vardan, I feel the best of your books is still to come and bring you a great success and satisfaction of what you are doing."

message 50: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Rainey (risingdragonslit) | 10 comments Still looking for reviews? I'd be willing.

« previous 1