FallenVale discussion

Shifter Territory > Rocking Climbing Wall

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites)

message 2: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Madden stood at the base of the cliff and looked up, smiling to herself. Madden loved climbing, being a leopard shifter, she guessed it was in her nature to love climbing. Reaching town she attached her black harness around her upper thighs and waist and double checked the clip that would be keeping the rope in place. She approached the rock wall and paused. She knew she wasn't supposed to be climbing by herself. Maddox had warned her multiple times but, here she was by herself.
In minutes, Madden had scaled thirty feet up the wall and was sweating. She pushed her long blonde hair out of her face and gazed up. Something felt wrong. Her golden gaze landed on the hold that her rope was connected and saw that it was slipping out of the rock. Trying not to panic, Mad quickly connected her lead to another one, but just as she was about to clip in, the hold gave out and she started to plummet to the ground. A soul splitting scream left her throat as she fell.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Legend had been walking along at the base of the cliff, not really planning to climb the wall. He just liked coming out here. It was beautiful, and there never were a lot of people around. He stopped and leaned against the rocky cliff wall for a moment, crossing his arms and taking in the scene, just thinking. And that's when Madden's scream cut through his thoughts and jolted him back to reality. In answer, he shouted, "Madden?" He recognized it as her -- he knew her well enough, as they were the two deltas and often ended up working together. Besides, as it was Madden, he would've recognized her voice -- or her scream -- anywhere.

He spun away from the wall, his eyes raking the wall above him as he tried to spot her, to see if she was in danger. In the next second he saw her, and she was falling. It seemed to him that it took her a great long time to fall, as he raced to catch her. He knew that if he failed to reach the spot in time and catch her she could break her bones or worse. But he was there, and she was falling, and yes, he could catch her -- he had caught her. He staggered back a few steps but didn't lose his grip on her. "Oh my God, Madden. Are you okay?"

message 4: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) While Madden was free falling, images of her life flashed through her head. The faces of the ones she loved filled her mind and she thought about how she was going to have to leave Maddox all alone. She was all he had left and she was going to leave him. The thought its self made her heart break into a million pieces for her brother. She should of listened to her brother when he said not to go by herself.

Her thoughts vanished when her body slammed into something hard. It was softer than the ground and something comforting wrapped around her and held her tight. Out of breath, and breathing hard she opened her eyes to find Legend and caught her. She gave him a shaky smile when he asked her if she was alright, "Never better. I fall three stories for fun all the time."

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Legend just stared at her for a split second, caught by surprise at her humor. Then he laughed, relieved, his golden eyes lighting up. Then he grew serious again. "What are you doing out here alone anyway?" he asked her, still holding her tight. "Didn't Maddox tell you not to go climbing by yourself?" His expression, usually calm, was now stormy, his eyes fierce. He wasn't angry at her, but his worry for her sharpened his tone. Unwanted images of what might had almost happened flashed through his mind: Madden's broken form at the base of the cliff, Maddox's reaction. He pushed those thoughts away. "Suppose I hadn't been here? Or if I hadn't been able to catch you in time? Think about how your brother would feel if you'd broken your neck!"

message 6: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Madden's own golden eyes flashed at his now sharpened tone, "You don't need to yell at me." She snapped, "You think all those thoughts didn't cross my mind as I fell?" She told him as she started to try to wiggle out of his grasp. She was on the edge of tears and his tone was not helping her keep them at bay. She was shaking with adrenaline but also fear. She couldn't believe she had almost died.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Legend immediately felt sorry. "Sorry, I don't usually yell at people," he muttered, mortified as he noticed that she seemed about to cry. "You just...just startled me, that's all." Understatement of the year. A second ago he'd been too caught up in the heat of the moment, his worry for her. But now that she was unhurt, he was suddenly acutely aware of her nearness. She could probably hear his heart hammering. And then he realized he should probably put her down. "Oh, um, sorry," he said again. Quit apologizing, you sound like an idiot! That was the rational voice in his head. He set Madden on her feet, carefully, as though she were something fragile. But that was just Legend -- always gentle.
He was usually calm and steady. Nothing seemed to faze him. But being around Madden made him nervous and self-conscious.

message 8: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) She almost smiled at his multiple apologies, but her brain and emotions were on over drive right now and she didn't know what to do with them all. No longer able to hold the tears in, she rested her forehead against his chest and let the sobs rock her slim frame. How could she of been so stupid? she thought to herself as she cried. As always, Legend had a comforting and gentleness about him and it made her feel safe. Only three people in the world could do that to her, Maddox, her brother, Broden, her best friend and Legend, her partner in crime.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Legend wrapped his arms around her and hugged her, a little awkwardly, his heart thumping wildly in his chest. Hopefully she wouldn't notice, and if she did, she'd put it down to her near-death experience. But right now, he wasn't important. She was. So he held her as she cried, one hand gently stroking her long blond her. "Shhh, shhh..." he said softly to her. "It's okay. You're okay."

message 10: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) ((So what do you want to happen with them? Are you thinking just dating? Or eventually figuring out that they are mates? Or just really good friends?))

After a few more minutes of crying, Mad slowly started to calm down. Her tears dried up and her sobs changed to quiet hiccup like noises. She pulled back slightly too look up at him with red bloodshot eyes, "Thank you Legend." she told him softly before reaching up and kissing his cheek in gratitude. There had always been some attraction between Madden and Legend. They got along great. They acted like an old married couple sometimes because over the years, they had gotten to know each other so well.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

((Hmm...they're just good friends at the moment, right? I think them eventually figuring out they're mates would be good. What do you say?))

Legend rested his forehead against hers for a moment, then stepped back as well. "You know I'll always be here for you," he said softly. He gave her a crooked smile. "And the next time you go rock climbing, I'm coming with. Deal?" He was only half joking. He looked at her, waiting for her answer. Even now, with her bloodshot eyes and tear streaked face, he thought she looked beautiful.

message 12: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) ((Yupp sounds like a good plan:) ))

She gave him a real smile, "Deal." Being the very mature person she was, She held out her tiny pinky finger for him, "I pinky promise." She told him, grinning ear to ear. Madden was overall a bubbly person. She had moments where she would break down, life getting the best of her. But no one could keep a brave front all the time.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

((OK :) ))

Legend smiled when she agreed, but he couldn't help outright laughing when she held out her pinky for a pinky promise, it was so ridiculous for the seriousness of the situation a moment ago. He wrapped his pinky finger around hers anyway, grinning back at her. He was glad she was the old cheerful Madden again, at any rate.

message 14: by Antonia (new)

Antonia (adf7793) Broden had just left the old bridge after watching the two female casters make their "escape" from shifter territory. He groaned, rubbing the back of his neck in annoyance, he couldn't believe that he had allowed them to just leave. Broden had been too caught up in her violet eyes to done much else however, much like Spencer. He was dreading telling Maddox what he had done, as a Beta it was inexcusable, and his Alpha wouldn't be pleased. He could only imagine what the werewolf alpha, Lucas, would say. He was drawn from his thoughts at the sound of laughter. Broden glanced ahead to see Madden and Legend...together. The thought made him rather jealous, but after the blundering idiot he had made himself just a while ago he brushed it off.

message 15: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Madden laughed as Legend wrapped his finger around her greatly smaller one. Her mood showed a great improvement from how it had b een just a few minutes before. Her laugher was interrupted when she heard movement behind her. Turning around quickly she found her best friend standing there. "Brody? What are you doing out here?"

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

((Should Legend and Broden be friends as well?))

Legend heard Broden before he saw him. Maybe it was his imagination, but Legend thought Broden looked frustrated about something. Broden was the beta, so maybe it was something to do with the war. Legend did not much care for the long standing feud and all the hate between the species, but as delta and lead warrior those problems affected him whether he wanted them to or not. He nodded a friendly greeting to Broden but didn't speak.

message 17: by Antonia (new)

Antonia (adf7793) ((Sure, sounds good.))

Broden's face was blank, as per usual, but a small smile slipped through as he heard Madden laugh. It was such a rare thing that he enjoyed hearing it whenever it occurred. He nodded respectfully at Legend, patting him on the back in greeting. Trying to divert the conversation to a...better topic Borden turned to his best friend with a stoic look, "Hey Mads...let me guess, you went climbing by yourself?" It was in the form of a question, but it was more of a statement. He felt that he should tell Maddox about the two casters trespassing first, though he would rather not bring it up at all.

message 18: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Madden gave him a sheepish smile. Maddox and him were both in on her not being allowed to climb by herself. Leave it to her brother to team up with her best friend. Madden made the conscious decision to not tell Brody about her near death experience a few minutes ago. She knew he would just go tell her brother and she wouldn't ever be allowed to go climbing again. "I wasn't by myself the entire time." She smirked over at Legend, "Legend was here too."

message 19: by Antonia (new)

Antonia (adf7793) Broden gave her a pointed look, he wasn't thrilled with the idea that she had been out here by herself. His gaze traveled up the rocky wall, landing on the remnants of her gear. "Tell me Mads, why is your equipment up there and you down here?" Broden wasn't dense, he knew what happened, and he couldn't believe that she would try to keep it from him. He was her best friend, and had covered for her plenty of times before, because she had been honest with him. Now, it seemed, not so much. Madden knew better, anything could go wrong out here, and if Legend wouldn't have been out here...he stopped himself there. Broden didn't even want to think about it.

message 20: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Madden gave him one of her award winning smiles and tugged on the bottom of her short spandex shorts. "There was a little bit of an issue with the gear." She told him, "And then I took a short cut down to the bottom." She mumbled quickly. Next to Maddox, Brody was the most important guy in her life. She has lost her dad and she was never close to her uncle after he took them in. Brody was the first friend she had made in FallenVale and legend had been a close second.

message 21: by Antonia (new)

Antonia (adf7793) Broden crossed his arms, it was written on his face that he was clearly not impressed, "A short cut? That's what you call plummeting to..." Broden sighed cutting himself off, he was going to lecture her or chastise her. He started to rub his temples, it had been a long day and he didn't want to upset Mads more that she already was. He turned to Legend, "Well it's a good thing you were here." The three of them were like the three musketeers, Maddox was their D'Artagnan...much to his distaste. "I'm sure that Legend has already told you to be more careful, and I see no need to worry Maddox with this." Broden grinned and started to tease her, "However...it would be funny to see him try to lock you up..."

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

((Ack, sorry, iPod malfunction))

Legend had been following this conversation but had stayed silent, as was his custom. He knew from Broden's expression that he had figured out exactly what Madden's "shortcut" had been. It was rather obvious now that he had pointed it out. But Legend knew that Madden already felt bad about it. And he himself had already told her off for it. She'd promised not to go climbing alone again and hopefully she'd hold to it. "Emphasis on try," he said to Broden, smiling slightly at the thought.

message 23: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Madden crossed her arms stubbornly and pouted at her two friends, "If anyone tries to lock me up, someone is going to loose something important to them." She gave them both a pointed look. The idea of Maddox finding out about this made her feel sick to her stomach. She knew he would loose his temper and that did not sound fun

message 24: by Antonia (last edited Jun 15, 2013 12:17AM) (new)

Antonia (adf7793) Broden threw his head in laughter, his mood was definitely picking up from before he had gotten here. "Well, if someone starts keeping their end of the deal, they wouldn't have to worry about getting locked up, now would they?" He tried to make his voice serious despite his laughter. As he was the more serious of the three, always thinking about the what if's and whatnot. Broden couldn't help it, it was just how he was. Plus, he didn't like worrying that Mads could...would have died if it hadn't have been for Legend.

message 25: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Madden playfully kicked Brody in the shin and stuck her tongue out at him. Pouting she walked over closer to the base of the cliff and looked up at her gear. Tilting her head to the side, she tried to figure out how she was gong to get it down. "So Who's going to help me get that down?" she said pointing at her harness and ropes.

message 26: by Antonia (new)

Antonia (adf7793) "Dammit, Madden!" Broden growled at her, pretending to be cross with her, he even used her full name for more effect. "Maybe you should keep your day job, kick boxing not so much..." He playfully narrowed his eyes at her. Broden sighed and looked at Legend, "I don't suppose you brought any gear with you, did you?" Because he hadn't, he didn't even think to.

message 27: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) "What Broden?" Madden shot back at him mockingly. Just like he never called her by her full name, she never called him his. She always stuck to Brody. Madden softly giggled at him, "I don't have a day job." I have to wealthy dead parents who left their fortune to their kids. Madden would never have to work a day in her life because of it. "Why don't you strong boys just...throw, me up there?" Madden figured she could make it close enough and she could free climb the rest of the way. "Then I'll just jump back down and you catch me." She made it sound like the easiest plan ever.

message 28: by Antonia (new)

Antonia (adf7793) Broden cocked an attractive brow at her suggestion, "Because that worked so well the first time?" He tried to keep a serious tone, and a straight face, but it wasn't working. Mads just seemed to know how to cheer him up, all without even trying. However, he didn't want her to put herself in anymore danger today. "If anyone is going up there, it would be me." He knew she wouldn't like that but she had already worried him enough for one day.

message 29: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Madden had always been attracted to Brody, but she always had to workboj keeping her emotions and actions on a friendly level. She figured he only saw her as a little sister and they could never be anything past that. "Oh Hell no. This was my problem and I need to fix it.' She told them both. "Brody your fine ass will be staying on the ground and I will be going up to get my gear.'

message 30: by Antonia (new)

Antonia (adf7793) Broden nearly choked when she said fine ass...though he was more pleased than anything. He vaguely wondered if she was attracted to him as he was attracted to her, or if she was just being Mads. She tended to like making people uncomfortable, not in a mean way, just in a awkward sort of way. "On the contrary, Mads, your fine ass will be staying on the ground and I will be going to get your gear." He gave her a smile, but he meant his words, she was too important to him for him to let her risk herself like that.

message 31: by Kayleigh (last edited Jun 15, 2013 11:56AM) (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) "Why Brody? I do believe you just admitted to looking at my ass." She told him jokingly. Madden had joked with him in the past about her "mock" checking him out and had commented on his backside on more than one occasion. It'd all been in a playful manor and she knew he didn't take her seriously.

message 32: by Antonia (last edited Jun 15, 2013 02:29AM) (new)

Antonia (adf7793) "So what if I did, Mads? Are you saying you don't check me out?" His voice was full of feigned hurt, and he placed his hand over his heart. "Here I thought we had something special..." Broden gave her a fake depressed pout and sighed, "Well...I guess I should go get your gear now..." He tried to move passed her and closer to the rock wall.

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 15, 2013 09:15AM) (new)

Legend rolled his eyes at the two of them. "Quit flirting, you two, you're making me sick. How about both your asses stay down here and I'll go up and get it?" he interrupted. "Since you two can't seem to agree?" Personally, he didn't want Madden going up there again, even though he knew she could take care of herself just as well as anyone. "And if I fall, I'll just...shift into tiger mode." He grinned at Madden and said jokingly, "Or this time, you could catch me, Mads."

message 34: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Madden smirked at Legend. "You'd end up squishing me into the ground." She said pointing to her much smaller frame then at his much larger one. Mads saw Brody try to get past her and move towards the wall. To stop him, she instinctively jumped onto his back and wrapped her limbs around his torso and neck. "No, you don't get to go! You suck at climbing!" Mads said thinking about the time when they were younger and they decided to climb a tree and he got stuck.

message 35: by Antonia (last edited Jun 15, 2013 01:27PM) (new)

Antonia (adf7793) Broden grunted as Mads jumped on his back, "Jeez, if you wanted to jump my bones I could have made it more comfortable for both of us." He teased her, knowing that probably wouldn't even phase her in the least bit. "Are you sure you're a leopard? I was thinking more of a clinger monkey..." He muttered finding it utterly useless to try and detach himself from her vice grips. At her claim Broden narrowed his eyes, knowing exactly what she was talking about, "That was your fault! I wouldn't have gotten stuck if you wouldn't have tied my shoe strings around the branch!"

message 36: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) "Just name the time and place and I'm game." Mad whispered in his ear and tried to keep the laughter down. Mad and Brody had a weird relationship. They fought like an old married couple, teased each other like brother and sister but their love and friendship was obvious to anyone who spend thirty seconds with the two. Mad and Brody also flirted with each other all the time. It was all in fun, well Mads figured it was for Brody. But Madden loved every second she got to spend with the guy she'd had a crush on for years.

Madden was no longer able to keep the laughter down when he talked about the shoe lace incident, "That was so funny." She giggled into his shoulder thinking about how she had sat in a lounge chair at the base of the tree for two hours while Brody tried to untangle himself.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Legend sighed. At this rate, no one would climb up and Madden's gear would stay exactly where it was. He glanced at Broden and Madden, then sat down cross-legged on the ground, watching them with his chin in his hands. They always acted ridiculous, so he was used to it, having spent so much time around the two of them. He always found it amusing, if a little annoying at times. "I'll just wait right here until you two decide to stop acting like fourteen year olds," he informed them.

message 38: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Madden looked over her shoulder at Legion, "That's being very generous, don't you think?" Her golden eyes had a playfulness about them, "I'd say like six or seven." She reached up and pulled some of Broden's hair just to prove her point.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

"What can I say?" Legend said, spreading his arms wide. "I'm a generous guy." He unfolded himself, levering to his full height. "But if you say so...six or seven it is." He arched one eyebrow. "So have we decided? On who's going up, I mean?"

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

message 41: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Antonia needs to post.

message 42: by Antonia (new)

Antonia (adf7793) Broden snorted and gave them both a pointed look, his usual serious persona surfacing. Nudging Madden to the side he crossed his arms, "I suppose the lightest of us should go up there. That way if she falls again, we can catch her with no problem." Broden glanced at Mads, obviously he didn't want her to go up there again, but he knew she was the best option.

message 43: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Madden rubbed her hands together, "Glad you finally came to your senses, Brody." She walked to the base of the wall and strapped on her climbing gloves, "so you too fatties will stay down here catch me if I fall right?" She asked, looking over her shoulder at them.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Legend grinned at her, unperturbed at being called a "fatty." He didn't want Madden going back up there either, but she was the best choice, he thought grudgingly. "Of course, Your Highness," he said, rolling his eyes. "Just don't fall, Mads." This last sentence was spoken seriously.

message 45: by Antonia (new)

Antonia (adf7793) Instead of retorting to her comment about him and Legend beginning "fatties" Broden simply shrugged and lifted up his shirt to show off his impeccably well sculpted physique. After silently proving his point Broden smirked in her directions, "Insulting someone isn't a good way to ensure that they'll save your ass if you need it, you know." Of course she knew he was teasing, Brody would never let anything happen to Mads. Not if he had the chance to prevent it.

message 46: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Madden, being the amazingly mature person she was, stuck her tongue out at them. "I've only fallen like, five times." She rolled her eyes dramatically. She gripped the wall and hoisted herself up. This was going to take longer without harnesses and ropes, so her pace was slow as she climbed. "Broden, you're eight back is looking kinda pudgy."