Women Fiction Empowering books discussion

start of group

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 9 comments Mod
Would anyone like to suggest some good women empowering books? I have several in mind but wanted to hear from others first. :-)

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nikkilong) I don't know if this is what you are thinking of, but there is a book called Juggling by Faye J. Crosby. It is about women balancing work and family, which can enhance both! Forgetting the guilt. It is society that makes women feel guilty and the psychological evidence shows that women are doing a good job! The other good thing about this book is that it is at my public library! It is on Goodreads, but I can't do the link from my cell.

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 9 comments Mod
That sounds like a good book for us to read.

I was also thinking of fiction books where a woman (or women) have to overcome certain struggles that are going on in their life. Like Silver Girl - Elin Hilderbrand, The Midwife's Confession - Diane Chamberlain or like The Summer Girls - Mary Alice Monroe (this one hasn't come out yet).

What do you think??

message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 9 comments Mod
The Women's Room - Marilyn French???

message 5: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 9 comments Mod
Between the Tides - Patti Callahan Henry??

message 6: by Nicole (last edited Jun 12, 2013 01:59PM) (new)

Nicole (nikkilong) Leslie wrote: "That sounds like a good book for us to read.

I was also thinking of fiction books where a woman (or women) have to overcome certain struggles that are going on in their life. Like Silver Girl - E..."

I like your idea better!! I was confused about what to recommend but I LOVE fiction books! I will go through my books and make some recommendations. Regarding your recommendations: Between The Tides is already on my to read list. After reading about The Women's Room I will be adding it to my to read list (sounds really good) and I can get it at the library!! I say we start with it! I own The Midwife's Confession and I am looking forward to reading it (I love Diance Chamberlain). The Summer Girls is also on my to read list as Mary Alice Monroe is one of my favorite authors! They all sound like great suggestions!

message 7: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 9 comments Mod
Great!!!! I need to finish the book I'm reading so why don't we start July 1st with The Women's Room?? I'm looking forward to having people to discuss the books I read with :-)

message 8: by Dana (new)

Dana Ann | 1 comments Glass Castles by Jeanette Walls is a very powerful book with a strong female lead.