YA and KidLit to Film discussion

The Tale of Despereaux

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I finally saw it last night. Very, very cute. The animation was SICK! They did a great job capturing the spirit of the book.

My only questions was....and correct my awful memory if I'm wrong....

What was the deal with the "food man". I don't remember him in the book which is fine with me but I couldn't figure him out. I thought maybe he was supposed to represent the cook's "inner genius" but then he actually ran Despereaux to the dungeons to save Princess Pea....so out went the "inner genius" theory.

What did you think?

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) I honestly have to say I hated this movie. It strayed from the book and the plot was dull. I was very disappointed with how they portrayed all the characters. If you want to enjoy The Tale of Desperaux, read the book.

message 3: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 14 comments I finally got around to seeing this one. It was at least 10 minutes into the movie before they had anything recognizable from the book! Okay, maybe not quite that long but still a LONG time before they even got around to Despereaux.

And I agree, Miss McAdams. Who was that food man and why did they need him? I didn't like that part at all. Just weird.

I thought they did a really nice job with parts of the movie, though. I LOVED that library.