Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > Favorite Horror Actor

Comments Showing 1-50 of 109 (109 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments We all know horror has given us some very creepy and entertaining creatures. There have been a lot of actors who have potrayed these vilianous roles so with that I ask, whose your favorite actor from any classic horror movie?

message 2: by Jon Recluse (last edited Jun 11, 2013 07:34PM) (new)

Jon Recluse | 12043 comments Mod
Vincent Price

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments I'll start by saying favorites, Bela Lugosi and Vincent Price. Lugosi has been in tons of movies from Dracula to all the infamous werewolf movies. He always had that creepiness to me that slight sinister edge over everyone.

Vincent Price to me is a timeless classic. He to me was one of those guys that could come off as evil and creepy without really even trying which to me is how to truly make a horrific impact.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Christopher Lee. Peter Cushing. I love the old Hammer movies.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Christopher Lee
John Carradine
Vincent Price
Peter Cushing
Bela Lugosi
Lon Chaney
Boris Karloff

message 6: by Paul (new)

Paul Loh (chiefloh) | 26 comments One of my favorite horror actors is James Karen of 'Poltergeist' and 'Return of the Living Dead', whom I've had the privilege of working with.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) Peter Cushing, Vincent Price, Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre, Bela Lagosi. As far as newer classics Tony Todd, Robert England and Tom Savini.

message 8: by Gianfranco (new)

Gianfranco Mancini | 484 comments Bela Lugosi, Peter Cushing, Sir Christopher Lee, Ingrid Pitt, Barbara Steele, Sigourney Weaver (awesome cameo in "The Cabin in the woods" (2011)!), Jamie Lee Curtis, Robert Englund, Bruce Campbell, Donald Pleasence, Neve Campbell, Jeffrey Combs, Tom Savini, Tobin Bell. John Astin and Michael J Fox were great in Peter Jackson's "The Frighteners" too. :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll add Karen Black, there is just something about that woman that can terrify me by just one look.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Bruce Campbell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Amanda wrote: "http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/10/..."

See. She's evil. Pure and simple. Evil!
Lol.

message 13: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) Another vote for Christopher Lee

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Harlow (Jennifer_Harlow) | 27 comments Bruce Campbell, Tony Todd, Jamie Lee Curtis, Jeffrey Combs, Sheri Moon Zombie, Lance Henriksen

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Jamie Lee Curtis...My favorite Scream Queen. Damn good in Halloween, The Fog, Terror Train, Prom Night, Halloween II, Road Games, Halloween H2O.

Too bad she ruined it all and bared her tits in Trading Places.

message 16: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments What was horror movie was Bruce Campbell in? I have one movie in mine but can't think of it. I would never think to even consider him

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) Evil Dead (all three of them) and lots of B films horror and non.

message 18: by R.M.F. (new)

R.M.F. Brown Amanda wrote: "Evil Dead (all three of them) and lots of B films horror and non."

Don't forget the PS1 game version of the evil dead. He was in that too.

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) Yep and a few other video game and cartoon voice jobs as well.

message 20: by R.M.F. (new)

R.M.F. Brown Amanda wrote: "Yep and a few other video game and cartoon voice jobs as well."

I liked the evil dead games because of that mini deadite sidekick he had :) He was funny.

message 21: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) I never did beat Fist full of Boomstick.

message 22: by Jon Recluse (new)

Lance Henriksen

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Bruce Campbell was also in The Woods, Maniac Cop I and II.

Lance Henriksen is outstanding in the Pumpkinhead films, as well as Aliens, Bone Dry and so many other scary flicks.

message 24: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) Near Dark was awesome because of him as well as the Millenium series.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Near Dark is one of the best vampire movies I've ever seen. Tom Atkins is a great horror actor. He starred in The Fog, Halloween III: Season Of The Witch, Creepshow, Night Of The Creeps...He's one decent character actor.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Pumpkinhead is one of my absolute favorite movies hands down. :)
Lance Henrickson is awesome!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Traci L. wrote: "Pumpkinhead is one of my absolute favorite movies hands down. :)
Lance Henrickson is awesome!"

I've seen all 4 Pumpkinhead films and I own three of them.

message 28: by Carl (new)

Carl Alves (carlalves) | 56 comments You gotta love Bruce Campbell. Among more recent actors I would say Kevin Bacon and of course Anthony Hopkins.

message 29: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments I like most of the old classic actors hence the reason I made this thread. I mean their acting wasn't great but it was good enough for it's time and what it was. I also notice alot of actors back in those days played in similar roles whereas now we are lucky if we even know who plays the man behind the masks.

message 30: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "Lance Henriksen"

Good one! He was great in Millenium!

All time, I gotta go Vincent Price though.

message 31: by Jon Recluse (new)

Bill wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "Lance Henriksen"

All time, I gotta go Vincent Price though."

Vincent was my first pick.

message 32: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments I'll also say Lon Cheney was a great actor as he potrayed all the horror creatures.

message 33: by Bill (new)

Bill (shiftyj1) | 4890 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "Bill wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "Lance Henriksen"

All time, I gotta go Vincent Price though."

Vincent was my first pick."

Great minds...

message 34: by TJoseph (new)

TJoseph Browder (TJosephBrowder) | 195 comments Justin wrote: "What was horror movie was Bruce Campbell in? I have one movie in mine but can't think of it. I would never think to even consider him"

Evil Dead movies, of course, but he shined in "Bubba Ho-Tep" as an aging Elvis Presley versus zombies.

message 35: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) T. wrote: "Justin wrote: "What was horror movie was Bruce Campbell in? I have one movie in mine but can't think of it. I would never think to even consider him"

Evil Dead movies, of course, but he shined in ..."

Yes he did.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Campbell was excellent in Bubba Ho-Tep. What an original film. His Presley was comical and spot on.

Rumor has it he's making a deal to film Evil Dead 4. I hope this comes true.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

When I think of Bruce Campbell the first thing to come to my mind is Brisco County Jr. I loved that show.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Never heard of it. What year was that show on, Traci?

message 39: by Lee (new)

Lee Cushing Christopher Lee & Peter Cushing

message 40: by John (new)

John McNee | 57 comments Udo Kier is one of my favourites. It's painful for me to see him so frequently misused or under-used by just about everyone except Lars von Trier. His performance in The Kingdom remains one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

Another name I'd throw in the ring is Sam Neill. Not a lot of people realise how many horror films he's made, but he's made A LOT and they're almost always worth watching (Possession, In the Mouth of Madness, Event Horizon, The Final Conflict, Daybreakers, etc)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Kyle wrote: "Never heard of it. What year was that show on, Traci?"

1993/1994 - it lasted for only one season, maybe two. The show was a western/fantasy/science fiction/comedy mashup.

message 42: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments Event Horizon was a creepy movie!

message 43: by Tony (new)

Tony Boris Karloff
Peter Cushing
Vincent Price
Christopher Lee
Ingrid Pitt♡
Bela Lugosi

Just to name a few

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

@Justin

Agreed! Event Horizon is a brilliant mix of horror and sci-fi. I own a copy. Very disturbing and scary.

message 45: by Kris (new)

Kris Lugosi | 8 comments Bela Lugosi. Vincent Price. Jamie Lee Curtis, Kane Hodder. Tony Todd, Ingrid Pitt, Boris Karloff, both the Chaneys.

message 46: by Kris (new)

Kris Lugosi | 8 comments Jason X i thought was a wonderful mix of scifi and horror as well. and a mega dash of campy cheesyness.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

And David Cronenberg getting killed by Jason was such a great moment in Jason X.

Richard Brooker is my favorite actor to play Jason(from Part 3). Hodder is great, but Brooker's Jason was more menacing.

message 48: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Strange (kevinstrange) Kris wrote: "Bela Lugosi. Vincent Price. Jamie Lee Curtis, Kane Hodder. Tony Todd, Ingrid Pitt, Boris Karloff, both the Chaneys."

How dare you leave off Jeffery Combs and Barbara Crampton! ;)

message 49: by John (new)

John Jackson | 4 comments Kyle wrote: "And David Cronenberg getting killed by Jason was such a great moment in Jason X.

Richard Brooker is my favorite actor to play Jason(from Part 3). Hodder is great, but Brooker's Jason was more mena..."

Brooker was great! He just died a few months ago. Super nice guy.

message 50: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2786 comments Kane Hodder is kinda scary and intimidating as his actual self lol. Loved the part in JasonX where he takes the two girls in the sleeping bag and bashes it against a tree..awesome!

« previous 1 3