What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > sarcastic funny romance book or twilight fan fiction

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace | 17 comments This is going to be a toughie! I only remember reading a really funny book where the main character who is female often stops after a thought or action and it will have in italics "a room full of sarcastic people say No, you didn't just make the worst mistake. Not at all!" or something like "a sarcastic person hands me a note that says you just did a terrific job! Couldn't be better! Really! This is not a joke. I love you. " it was very snarky in a fun way. It also might have been a twilight fan fiction. Now that I type it out that seems likely heheh if anyone recognizes this please let me know. I remember the sarcastic refrains were very amusing. Thanks!

message 2: by Jai (new)

Jai | 61 comments Take a look at Cassandra Gannon's Not another vampire book. It has a snarky, sarcastic take on vampire books, and I really enjoyed it.

message 3: by Helen (new)

Helen | 4 comments I've got a book called 'New Moan', author is styled as 'Stephordy Mayo'...sounds similar!

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace | 17 comments Those books look fun but they aren't the particular one I'm looking for. Still adding to my to read list :)

message 5: by Grace (last edited Jul 17, 2013 08:55AM) (new)

Grace | 17 comments bump, bump. anyone? :)

BTW It is not a parody like new moan

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36892 comments Mod
Grace, are you still looking for this book?

message 7: by Grace (new)

Grace | 17 comments Yes I am!

message 8: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4713 comments How many years ago did you read it? Anything about the cover? What else happens in the book? Was it for adults or teens?

message 9: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Maybe Fourteen by C.M. Smith - it was Twilight fanfiction with alterations...

Do you remember the cover at all?

message 10: by Grace (last edited Jun 02, 2014 01:52PM) (new)

Grace | 17 comments I read it about 4 years ago and I think it was a fairly new book I'd say at least within the last 6 or 7 years. I read everything online and never spend much time looking at the cover so I either don't remember it or it was a fan fiction and didn't have one.

I have read the twilight fanfic that is now the book fourteen and although I can't find a snippet of it to read anywhere I don't think that is it. At least in the reviews no one ever mentions it being a funny book.

message 11: by Grace (last edited Jun 02, 2014 01:36PM) (new)

Grace | 17 comments Also the only thing I know about the book (or fanfic) besides the funny quotes is that the main character is a girl that's in high school or college age and it's from her perspective. I don't remember any specific events that take place :(

message 12: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments If you click the Amazon link, you can read the first couple of chapters online. I skimmed it quickly but it didn't seem very funny/snarky to me.

message 13: by Grace (new)

Grace | 17 comments I read the Amazon sample (which didn't show from my mobile website :() and I remember that story but it's not what I'm looking for. I do remember thinking the bully thing was a little unrealistic though... At least when I was in high school no one could get away with that in the hallway without the parents being called but I did go to a private school with lots of snobs and tattle tales ;)

message 15: by Grace (new)

Grace | 17 comments No :( it is not a parody like that but thank you!

message 16: by chellby (new)

chellby | 13 comments Boycotts & Barflies it might be this book I can't find the edition that uses the twilight characters names but they are exactly the same just with different names.
And if you liked snarky funny books you should try this book as well it had me in stitches Wallbanger
Hope I could help :))

message 17: by Grace (new)

Grace | 17 comments I have read both those stories as fanfic and loved them but neither of them are what I'm looking for. Although I'm definitely going to reread the boycotts and barflies I was sucked in by the sample :)

message 18: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking?

message 19: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

When you say Twilight fan fiction, is this something you are sure was published in book/ebook form? Or could it be something merely sitting on a web page?

message 20: by Grace (new)

Grace | 17 comments I am still looking. I'm not sure it was published unfortunately.

message 22: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?

message 23: by Grace (new)

Grace | 17 comments I actually am still looking for this. So many twilight fa fictions have been removed that our may not even exist anymore, but would love to find it!

message 24: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Grace, have you tried searching fanfiction.net and archiveofourown.org?