An Advanced Victorian Steampunk Roleplay discussion

London Outskirts > Streams/Lakes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 292 (292 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((RP with approved characters ONLY.))

message 2: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments They rode in silence, enjoying the cool night and the sound of Samson's hoof beats. Joeri sat erected and changed his balance smoothly, guiding the horse as he listened to Vivian give him directions from over his shoulder. He was keenly aware of her breath on the back of his neck and her arms around his waist.

A glimmer up ahead indicated they were approaching the lake. They came to a halt on its banks and Joeri dismounted, landing steadily. He turned and offered a hand to Vivian.

message 3: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments She dismounted smoothly, her petite frame falling off of Samson's giant back like a leaf. Landing easily on her feet, she grinned up at Joeri.

"Grab the bag and the blanket," she said, glad for Carstairs' foresight with the blanket. Samson knew to stand and wait, so there was no need to tie him.

She led Joeri down a ways from the higher shore of the lake until she came to a patch of soft grass and moss that she knew well.

"Here we go," Vivian said, standing in the middle of it and staring up at the sky. The lake was placid, a perfect mirror for the sky above. "Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?" she breathed.

message 4: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He set down the bag and blanket at his feet, then straightened too look at the still water. "I have seen one other thing, but this is just as beautiful," Joeri answered with a smile.

message 5: by Raina-J. (last edited Jun 14, 2013 06:55AM) (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments She laughed and grabbed him around the waist from behind with her good hand, holding onto him as she had done on Samson. Thank goodness the machinery is strong enough to make up for having a broken arm, she'd thought on their ride over. Her casted arm hung loosely around his waist.

"Do you like it?" Vivian asked, resting her head on the middle of his back. "It's one of my favourite spots out here."

message 6: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "It's amazing," Joeri murmured appreciatively. "I bet it's just as beautiful in the daylight as it is at night."

message 7: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments "Well, you'll get a chance to see both," she informed him.

message 8: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He glanced back at her, a look of mock horror on his face. "Does this mean I won't be returning home tonight?"

message 9: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments "Unfortunately not," Vivian laughed, letting go of him and moving to stand before him. "I've kidnapped you, Joeri Roberts," she said mischievously. "And there's nothing you can do about it."

message 10: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "I would be terrified if I weren't in the company of such a beautiful woman," Joeri said with a small smile.

message 11: by Raina-J. (last edited Jun 15, 2013 04:04PM) (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments "If my arm wasn't broken, you would be terrified," Vivian joked, but in truth she had handled much larger foes before during her nighttime adventures as Ivy Locke.

She sat down on the blanket, her red curls dancing slowly in the gentle breeze that blew over the lake, causing slight ripples in the water. She took a chunk of bread out of the saddlebag and chewed on it thoughtfully.

"Joeri," Vivian said quietly, "what are you going to do about Anne? Is there any way around the whole problem? There must be," she whispered to herself.

message 12: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He sat down next her, spreading out his long legs in front of him and leaning back. Staring out at the water, he said calmly, "I'm not going to do anything. I'm sure there is a way such as finding the real Thomas Walker, but it is such a hassle."

message 13: by Raina-J. (last edited Jun 14, 2013 06:56AM) (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Vivian looked at him, one sculpted eyebrow arched, but she said nothing.

"Alright, Joeri," she said softly, lying flat on the blanket and staring up at the sky. "We'll think of something later."

In her mind she traced the constellations in the sky, her flaming hair - despite being so much shorter than it used to be - spread around her head like a fiery halo.

message 14: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Joeri let himself relax, lying on his back. He looked up at the stars and he wondered how many times did he look at them while away from home. When he was younger, his father taught him the constellations, saying how important it was for a man. He pushed away the memory, not wanting it to ruin this moment of peace with Vivian. He turned his head to look at her. The fire of her hair added a supernatural beauty to her features and he felt like she was a fairy instead of a normal person such as himself. Forcing his gaze back to the stars, he whispered into the night, "I used to dream that stars are a person's wish, providing a beacon to a lost loved one."

message 15: by Raina-J. (last edited Jun 14, 2013 06:55AM) (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Eyes on the sky, she closed the distance between them by clasping his hand with her machinated one. "You can still dream that, Joeri," she whispered.

It was June, and Vivian scanned the sky, picking out Boötes and Lupus and Ursa Minor with ease. She named them in her mind, counting the stars in each one.

"Do you see that star, Joeri?" she asked, pointing at the brightest one in Boötes. "It's Arcturus. It's one of the few stars you can see with your naked eye before the sky turns dark. I used to wish on that one as a little girl, even though you're supposed to wish on the shooting stars."

message 16: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He squeezed her hand though he knew she wouldn't feel it. "Who's to say you can't wish on any star? Plus," Joeri smiled over at her, "I think the stars that stay out the longest are the brightest," he said.

message 17: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Vivian turned her head to look at him over her shoulder. She turned over slightly onto her side and moved a bit closer to him, until she could rest her forehead against his shoulder.

"The best stars are those ones," she agreed, "and I think one of my wishes came true."

message 18: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Raising his machinated hand, he gently ran his fingers along her jawline. "And so did mine," Joeri replied, turning slightly so that he could give her a sideways hug. "No, it's better than anything I could have imagined," he corrected, his blue eyes shining.

message 19: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments She nestled closer to him, her enhanced green eyes noting the sparkle in his blue ones. She gently kissed a line from his forehead down to the tip of his nose, then brushed the tip of her nose against his.

"What's past is prologue," she told him, quoting from The Tempest, which she hoped to read soon with him. In a softer voice, she added one from Twelfth Night which she knew he would know. "Love sought is good, but love giv'n unsought is better."

message 20: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments ((Last post for the night! :( ))

Joeri smiled, brushing his lips against her lips. "I ne'er saw true beauty till this night," he whispered back. Then in, shyly, quietly, tentatively, he added, "I love you, Vivian."

message 21: by Raina-J. (last edited Jul 21, 2013 08:42PM) (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Vivian was speechless at his profession of love. Of course, they'd been quoting of love back and forth for days now - even at that moment, they'd done just that - but it had never come straight from his lips in his own words how he felt.

She pressed her cheek against his, then kissed him long and gently. When she pulled away, she replied, "I love you, too, Joeri." She spoke his name like a magical word, never ceasing to be amazed at the spark of life it brought to his eyes.

"I love you," Vivian whispered again, and kissed him once more.

message 22: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments ***END OF SCENE***

message 23: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Vivian sat on the blanket, hugging her knees as she stared out over the water. There was so much going on in her mind that her head refused to stop spinning, even out here in the tranquil wilderness outside the city.

She heard hoof beats in the distance, and rose to her feet, looking in the direction. It was Joeri.

Thinking nothing of making herself presentable, she ran towards him.

message 24: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Tugging on the reins, Joeri slid down before the horse could come to a full stop. Patting the horse's cheek, he smiled over at Vivian. "You called?" he asked.

message 25: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments He had barely landed when she threw her good arm around him, the broken one hanging stiffly at her side. She couldn't help it. Crying into the front of his shirt, Vivian clung to him desperately, wanting him to be the only thing she felt, wanting his presence to push away the shame and guilt and hurt raging inside her.

message 26: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Surprised, he was frozen for a second, then he wrapped his arms around her. "What is this?" Joeri murmured. "I'm sure that my absence wasn't this sorely missed."

message 27: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments She tried to laugh at his jest but she couldn't.

message 28: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Even more concerned now, Joeri gently pushed her back so he could look her in the eye. "Vivian? Is something wrong?" he asked gently.

message 29: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Choking it out between sobs as they walked back towards the blanket and Dulcinea, Vivian told Joeri about what had happened with Stephen. She glossed over the fact that Stephen had been her first love, remembering Kitara's advice that a man didn't need to be told of such things, and instead focused on the fact that because of years of misunderstandings, petty grudges, and prejudices, she had lost her best friend.

"And now Geoff is leaving with Kitara for Boston in nine days' time," Vivian wept. "It's not like I'm angry at either of them. I'm truly happy for them and wish them only the best. But..." She cried wordlessly again.

message 30: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He shushed her and gave her a side hug, looking over the lake. "But you're afraid, now that you lost your best friend, you'll lose the only one you call family?" Joeri asked, guessing.

message 31: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Vivian nodded desolately into his shoulder. "I've already lost my real family, as much as I hated them," she said, sniffling. "I don't even know if my brothers know what happened - and if they do, they'd only know my father's side...I'm afraid they'll take his side on the matter, and if I lose Geoff..." Her voice trailed off for a moment. "I know I won't, not really," she corrected herself, "but he said he doesn't know for how long they'll be in America..."

message 32: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Joeri frowned and looked down at her sternly. "You shouldn't have such little faith in your brothers or Geoffrey," he said. "Would you have said the same things if I left for India, Spain, or France? No matter how far your friends or family are, they'll think of you and worry if they, too, have lost you."

message 33: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Properly chastised, Vivian made her best effort to stop crying. She knew she was just feeling sorry for herself and that she was being a child about everything, but the loss of Stephen and the news of Geoff leaving for America with Kitara had been too much to take in one day.

"I'm sorry for pulling you away from the Inn," she mumbled after a long time, feeling ashamed of herself. "I know you need the work to pay for your room and board..."

Vivian buried her head in her knees, which she'd drawn up yet again to her chin. The soft cotton of her dress pressed against her face, an oversized handkerchief to dash away her tears.

message 34: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He breathed out softly. "Sorry, it still isn't my place to chastise. I tend to be harsh when I see people cry," Joeri apologized. "Unfortunately, that is something I've learned from my father. I'm sorry to hear you've lost your friend and that Geoffrey is leaving. I hope you'll feel better."

message 35: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Vivian involuntarily stiffened when Joeri put his arm around her in a comforting way. She didn't understand why she was suddenly cross with the world and everyone in it. She knew it was childish and with a start she realised Stephen had been right. She was selfish.

"I'm sorry, Joeri," she said again, her voice still muffled by her skirts. "I shouldn't have pulled you away from work for something so childish."

message 36: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "It's fine. I am glad that I can be of some help," he reassured, giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze. "Besides, loosing someone in any shape or form isn't childish," Joeri added.

message 37: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Vivian shrugged, finally lifting her face up and smoothing her hair back behind her ears. "I feel..." What?

"I don't know what I feel, Joeri," she confessed. "I'm not slighted in any way by Geoff's decision to leave. In fact, I'm happy for him. It's been so long since he was happy...and I do think I love Kitara quite dearly - more so than my own sisters, in all honesty. I just...it seems odd having to suddenly share him with somebody, after being the only person close to him for so long..." Vivian trailed off, staring out over the lake, her face blotchy from crying all day.

"As for Stephen, he was my best friend through some of the best and worst times of my life," she told Joeri, her voice pained at the memory of the last look Stephen had given her. "I just..."

Just what, Vivian?

She sighed.

message 38: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He let go of her as he leaned back, enjoying the sun on his face. "You know, I have lost many friends over the years," Joeri said. "I lost my family when I chose to enlist for selfish reasons, I lost friends as I was ordered to go to different posts, and I lost a way to keep in touch with everyone I left. It's hard to let things go, for childish reasons or not. It's only natural to feel hurt, because in some way, you lose the piece of yourself that you gave to your friend."

message 39: by Raina-J. (last edited Jul 21, 2013 08:45PM) (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Vivian let out another sigh and ran her hand over her face as she flopped onto her back on the blanket. The moss and grass beneath it made a soft cushion, and she shaded her eyes against the sun - her bonnet was long forgotten, stuck in a bush somewhere back by Dulcinea.

She knew Joeri was right and she struggled to make herself just let go of it all. She would always miss Stephen, but it didn't mean she couldn't live anymore. She had Joeri now, after all...

message 40: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "It hurts less when you say a proper goodbye," he added, breathing in the scent of flowers and grass. Joeri glanced over at her, his brow creased. But he didn't know of what other way to ease her pain, so he remained silent, hoping his presence would be comforting.

message 41: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Shading her eyes from the sun, Vivian opened them and looked up at Joeri. "Thank you for being so patient with me. I know I'm difficult," she told him.

message 42: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He gave her a small smile. "Difficult? I'm used to this. Anne used to get upset and stubbornly pushed me away, yet she also wanted me to help." Joeri shrugged. "I'm used to it."

message 43: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments For the first time since her arm had been taken out of its sling and allowed to hang free in its cast, Vivian reached up with it. Grimacing inwardly at the stiffness of the limb but elated that she could do it, she touched her real fingers to his cheek.

"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?" she asked him with a hint of a laugh in her vice. "Joeri, you are the sunshine on my stormy horizon."

message 44: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He laid his real hand over hers, feeling the warmth from her skin. Joeri closed his eyes and said softly, "My sunshine is only bright because I have someone to share it with."

((Sorry, trying to find a quote. Couldn't find anything...))

message 45: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments This is why I'll wait for the bones to heal, Vivian thought happily. Raising her other arm, she pulled his head down to hers, seeking a kiss.

message 46: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments His blue eyes met her green ones and Joeri complied, letting his lips meet hers.

message 47: by Raina-J. (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments Funny how kisses can change a lot of things.

She held him close to her as they kissed, and just as he had done some nights before, she put every emotion she was feeling into it. The sun was warm on her face and arms; the ground beneath was soft and warm and smelled fresh and new. Lying there in Joeri's arms, for the first time that day Vivian felt like there was nothing else that mattered except for him.

message 48: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (last edited Jun 15, 2013 06:17PM) (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments ((Awww ... ^^ They're so adorable. ))

Joeri's hand traveled down to her waist, wrapping her with his arm. His other hand tugged at his tie, loosening it so he could move more freely. He let her spill her emotions out, telling him her hurt with her lips. His steady hands told her he would be there for her and unconsciously, his lips parted.

message 49: by Raina-J. (last edited Jun 16, 2013 06:40AM) (new)

Raina-J. Confrey (jesfrey) | 6450 comments As Vivian's lips parted underneath Joeri's and their breaths became one, she kissed him harder and was mildly surprised to find it reciprocated. After a moment, she pulled away, breathlessly looking up at him. As stiff as they were, her real fingers were able to caress the nape of his neck, and she nuzzled his neck and jaw.

After a few moments longer, she looked up at him again, her hand cupping his cheek and her heart full of love.

Not out here.

"Take me home, Joeri," she whispered.

***END OF SCENE***

message 50: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments James walked along the edge of a large lake breathing in deep and enjoying the crisp morning air. As he walked along the shore he saw a dark form through the light mists. He gripped his walking stick tighter and kept walking towards the figure.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6