Potterheads Unite! discussion

Classes > History of Magic

Comments Showing 1-50 of 121 (121 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 11, 2013 04:39PM) (new)

You guessed it. Professor Binns is still at it; forgetting student's names and boring everyone to sleep. However, he has been joined by another teacher: Professor Kiera Mattix. Mattix wears clothes that would be worn at a rock concert, and loves getting the kids to re-enact giant wars. Together, the two teachers suceed in exciting and educating the students.
(Role-Play here.)

message 2: by Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (last edited Jun 13, 2013 04:09PM) (new)

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Genevieve rushed into the classroom, hair tumbling from its band "I'msorryProfessorsIforgotthiswasnext!" she gasped out "Its fine Argston please take a seat" Binns instructed" Umm it's Eaglestone but thanks anyway!" she said, Kiera smiled kindly "Its okay kid" she said in an undertone.
Gen grinned and took a seat "Binns cleared his throat"Today we shall talk about the third goblin uprising of 1467, in July of that year Gartrix the Huge rose up with his followers and conducted a campaign across the isles he was eventually stopped and...." Gen looked behind her John Jackal tiptoed in, she grinned at him "At least she wasn't the only late one! "Hey John" she whispered

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 13, 2013 04:13PM) (new)

"Hey lass how 'ave ya been." He said to Gen making sure that mr. Binns couldn't hear him.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Good John," she said grinning, they were old friends "How'bout you?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"I've been quite well thank fer askin'."

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Gen could respond Kierra's eyes flicked to there corner of the room and clearing her throat meaningfully she took over
"In December Gartrix and his followers made the mistake of challenging Harngrin the Long to combat they fought and the far-more experienced Harngrin won Let's see, John! would you care to play the part of Harngrin? and if so I shall be Gartrix"

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

((Before what))

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) ((Look again I accidentally sent it :/ ))

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

((Ah, okay))

"Sure why not." He responded.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Kiera smiled and John walked to the front of the class, Binns sat back in his chair and the class watched eagerly reenactments were often very fun "John I believe you have studied this before?" Kiera asked.
(John d'you mind if I put you as a friend in the relationships page?)))

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 13, 2013 04:38PM) (new)

He walked up to the front of the class "yes I have." He replied eagerly because he always loved these class reenactments.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

((Not at all))

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) "Very Good" Kiera said John mock-raised his wand and uttered the first spell "Reducto Magnifens!"
Kiera screeched and pretended to shrink reaching out after John..."

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) John wrote: "((Not at all))"

(Thanks) I gotta go, catch you later?)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sure))

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis fiddled with a white-blonde curl of hair as she listened to Professor Binn's lecture, taking quick notes. The room was hot and stuffy, and Artemis had to bite her lip to remind herself to focus.
"The war of Three Gurgs in 1402 was between three giants and their goblin armies, and was the aftermath of the uprising of Gartrix the Huge..."
She reached up and twisted her hair into her trademark topknot using her wand, her usually pale face flushed.
"All summer classes should be held outdoors," she muttered under her breath.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

((Skip))

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

(Hm?)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

((Skip the class just wondering))

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

(Um, ok... rp anywhere else, then?)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

((Library))

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

*Nods and vanishes in a puff of smoke*

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) After the class had ended Genevieve realized HoM was the last class and it was nearly dark so she went off to the common room...

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

John walked into class his step slow his eyes tinge yellow and his movements slow John sat down at the end of the classroom not wanting to attract anybody or anything.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis walked into the classroom and sat down on a chair, her emerald eyes scanning the blackboard. She reached into her bag and grabbed a quill, starting to take notes on a scroll of parchment for her essay.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

John glanced at Artemis and scowled but then put his hands on his head.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis uneasily looked at John from her seat. His expression was dark. She looked back down at her parchment sharply. If she just waited, she told herself, she would receive the antidote. Then whatever came could come.

message 29: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments Becca quietly snuck in the back and sat in the far back. She saw Artemis and John. "Oh, I could feel tension in the air..." She said quietly.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

((Skip the class and continue in Great hall?))

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

(Oh, ok.)

message 32: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kittykat801) | 8618 comments Class seemed to fly by for Becca, and soon enough, it was time to go. Becca walked put of her classroom to her dorm. "I wonder where everyone is," she said to herself.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

((If you want come to the great hall join us the more the merrier))

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Lee rolls in her sleep managing to fall to the ground. Then muttering "No... My pudding..."

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) ((Is she sleeping in History of Magic????? Binns can't be that boring anymore ;) )

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Micah scribbled with his eagle quill on the parchment frantically writing until e set it down grinning and sat back in his chair watching the others then eventually pulled out his textbook to begin re-reading it.

message 37: by Angel of Death (new)

Angel of Death | 108 comments Karma walked in slowly, fashionably late. Her head was held high, her eyes back to her natural cold silver. She took a seat next to Micah with quick precise movements.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Micah's eyes flicked over and a smile broke across his mouth "Well well well, good to see you didn't vanish in a puff of smoke as quickly as you came," he said teasingly looking at her straight on. At least as straight on as he could from the side

message 39: by Angel of Death (new)

Angel of Death | 108 comments Karma laughed quietly, grinning slyly. "Well, I couldn't completely miss my very first lesson, could I now. After all, isn't that why we're here? Education?" Karma pulled out her book and parchment, along with her special quill.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Micah's eyes twinkled "Nope, just intimidating other students," he lowered his voice "I shouldn't tell you this," I really shouldn't, he thought "But those eyes of yours are causing quite the stir Karma," he muttered under the pretext of flicking a mothball off his tall black boots.

message 41: by Angel of Death (new)

Angel of Death | 108 comments Karma arched her eyebrows. "Really? I've been here only a couple minutes. Who's there to stir?" Karma says,s till smiling. She took out her quill and began taking notes in fancy, eighteenth century cursive calligraphy.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Micah kept his voice low "Most in the Ravenclaw dorms, and corridors," he said mildly somehow needing to elicit some emotion out of Karma, at least a little disconcerted by the still smile on her sharp olive-toned face.

message 43: by Angel of Death (new)

Angel of Death | 108 comments Karma laughed again, her silver eyes twinkling to an even lighter tone. Close to the color of shining metal. "Well, I am quite the attention seeker." She said, completely unconcerned as she continued to take notes. "Why shouldn't you tell me that?"

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Micah tried for a light laugh and succeeded "Well my dear Karma, singled out on account of eye-colors." he continued emphasizing the 's' against his instincts "Is hardly very desirable wouldn't you say?" he asked lightly now not writing at all.

message 45: by Angel of Death (last edited Aug 21, 2013 12:54PM) (new)

Angel of Death | 108 comments Karma grinned, turning her head to him for a second, before returning to her notes, still smiling mysteriously. "I really don't mind being desirable or not. Do you?" she asked innocently, while she dipped her quill into her ink bottle.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Micah grimaced "No. But being ostracized is hardly on my to-do list now," said he in a mild undertone and stashed his quill on the paper making a stream of ink drip from the tip of it.

message 47: by Angel of Death (new)

Angel of Death | 108 comments Karma reached over to his paper, dabbing her finger in to the spilled ink, before all the ink vanishes. "Fair enough." she said offhandedly. She sighs, and sits back, resting her quill aside for a second. "This subject really isn't very interesting, is it now."

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Micah watched her finger and then her face as she abruptly changed the subject, feeling more than a little unsuccessful, he shrugged "I like it myself, history has always interested me, muggle or otherwise, mostly wizard but nothing against muggles!" he said swiftly a little sensitive about that

message 49: by Angel of Death (new)

Angel of Death | 108 comments Karma arched her eyebrows at him, tilting her head in his direction. "I never said I have anything against history. I'm talking about the current subject. I've covered this long ago. Do we really only study goblin attacks here?" She began to flip through her book.

Theodosia of the Fathomless Hall (taelianaofthewind) Micah nodded slowly and laughed partly at himself "Well you sorta showed me!" he laced his fingers a sign that he was starting to be unseated "Well now how long ago is long ago? and no of course not." he plunged ahead a twinkle in his eye "We also study troll physiognomy!"

« previous 1 3