An Advanced Victorian Steampunk Roleplay discussion

London Central > Gentlemen's Lounge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((RP with approved characters ONLY.))

message 2: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 11, 2013 12:21PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments As he walked with his men to the club that he enjoyed to frequent when in London, he smiled to himself underneath his hood. His team was now complete he realized. No more recruiting. He was done. This was it until they died in battle or of old age. He knew it was only a matter of time before Kaijian decided to join him full time--cutting him off from other thieves and friends was the clincher to making the young man dependent on him. It was a trick he had learned from his upbringing. When there is nothing else to become loyal to, loyalty automatically falls to the one who takes care of you. And he always looked after his men.

They entered the gentlemen's lounge, a rather strange group of people but all dressed well. He did not tolerate a sloppy crew. The waitress came up to him and he whispered sweet nothings into her ear for a private room--hard to come by at this time of night, he knew--and slipped a handful of gold coins into her cleavage. She gasped as the cold metal made it's way down her dress but attempted to hold the coins in place with her hands. He smiled at the view. Better.

She ran off and was back in a flash, murmuring, "This way, good sirs."

message 3: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments As the men led him inside, Kaijian felt already welcomed and he found he wasn't thinking of his gang as much. He let Rhett order the drinks, finding it nice for a change to let someone be in charge. He sat back, letting the chatter surround him comfortably.

message 4: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments He ordered a bottle of Kingdom 17 Year Old Scotch and when the waitress returned with the opened bottle and six filled crystal tumblers, he waited until they were all passed around and the men clinked their glasses together, shooting down the first round. He watched Kaijian's reaction to the whiskey.

message 5: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Kaijian fought off a cough and ended up spluttering. He was hit with a strong, smoky flavor and it burned down his throat. His eyes watered slightly and he tried to keep his composure. Clearing his throat, he said huskily, "That is, um, some strong stuff."

((;) Kaijian looks clumsy for once! ))

message 6: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((Heeheehee he's so cute :)))

The men laughed, but in good nature.

"Rhett did the same to me the night I joined," Culhwch offered, the hint of a grin on his face. "You will get used to it," he told him quietly as he placed his glass down on the table. He checked his hand, wincing as he touched it.

"Culhwch, do not touch," Sèitheach warned him. "You will reopen the wound."

"I wish I could simply shift to heal it," Culhwch grumbled.

"Not here, you cannot," Rhett laughed. "Have another shot, it will take the edge off of the pain."

message 7: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments ((Indeed. ^_^' I am too young to drink, so I tried to look up what whiskey is suppose to taste like. I hope I was accurate...))

Kaijian glanced over at Culhwch. He seemed close to his age and he wondered what he meant by shift. Cautiously, he asked, "What do you shift to?"

message 8: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((Yep, not bad!))

"I am Cŵn Annwn," Culhwch explained quietly. "Are you familiar with hellhounds?"

message 9: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments ((Thanks!))

Kaijian shook his head. "I don't believe so. They're not in Chinese legends, I believe."

message 10: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Culhwch shook his head. "They are not," he agreed, taking a sip of his drink. He looked down at his tumbler, silent again, swirling the liquid around and around.

"So, Kaijian," Barin spoke. "How did you end up in your profession?"

message 11: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Kaijian tried another drink, this time managing to swallow it. "A couple days after my parents died and I regained my health, I started to pick-pocket. I taught myself and I noticed how everyone didn't notice me, especially since I didn't have parents watching over me. I just became a face and I got better over the years until I caught the eyes of the gang," he explained casually.

message 12: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 11, 2013 12:57PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Barin nodded, peering at Rhett. "I am sorry for your loss," he told him solemnly. "Maarifa and Sèitheach have also lost family. I do hope that in time, you might consider us your brothers. The Saint is particularly good to his men."

message 13: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Kaijian smiled and gave a tip of his hat. "I'm sure in the future, I will consider all of you as brothers," he said, pushing out the memory of telling Kitara to call him brother.

message 14: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Poor Kitara!!!))

"We are a family," Maarifa nodded. "It is why we are so successful. There is honor among us because without it, no group of scoundrels like us can survive."

"Speak for yourself," Barin retorded. "I am no scoundrel."

Rhett laughed.

message 15: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments ((Yeah! I wonder what she could do to make amends.))

"I don't mind being a scoundrel, as long as there are others with me," Kaijian commented after his laughter died down.

message 16: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 11, 2013 01:17PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((She is gonna visit him but even then... It's up to Kaijian to decide whether he wants to forgive her.))

"Good," Rhett said. "Because why live life the way someone else dictates instead of the way you want? Life has never given me anything for free. So I take it," he grinned, sipping his whisky. "I need fire," he said, pulling out a cigar.

Barin snapped his fingers and small flame appeared, which he held out in front of Rhett who leaned his cigar into it, puffing until smoke started to escape from his mouth.

message 17: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments ((I'm really not sure what he would do. I'm sure he'll cool off after this.))

"Nice trick," Kaijian said, pointing with his chin and smiling. "It seems we all are more than what we seem."

message 18: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((She's gonna give him some space first))

"Some more than others," Barin winked. "And you, young sir? What are your tricks, other than lock picking?"

message 19: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Kaijian looked at all of them, realizing he was glad that all of them had the supernatural bleeding into their lives. He had always kept it a secret while with the gang, since they all disapproved. "I see ghosts and can hear them talk," he said. "It comes in handy if I want to infiltrate a house or some other place."

message 20: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "Impressive," Sèitheach spoke. "Do you have the ability to summon a ghost you have already met?" he asked, his lids heavy over his violet eyes.

message 21: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Shaking his head, Kaijian replied, "It does not work like that. The ghosts stay where they died or have some kind of attachment. If they haven't passed on since I last saw them, I would have to go back to the same place. I have no control over their movements."

message 22: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Rhett was silent before he said, "There might be a way to awaken further abilities within you. We were all... enhanced after meeting The Saint. You must first be naturally gifted as we all were and as are you. But a supernatural ability is much like any other training. If you practice and hone the skill, it becomes more powerful," he explained.

message 23: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Tilting his head, Kaijian looked curious. "In what way? What more can I do with my ability?" he asked, wondering what kind of person The Saint was.

message 24: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 11, 2013 01:44PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "Summoning ghosts for one," Barin replied, nodding at Sèitheach's earlier question. "That sounds very doable. Once you learn to communicate with them that is. That would probably be step one." He sipped his whiskey and then leaned his hand over to Rhett, motioning with two fingers. Rhett handed him a cigar.

message 25: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He rubbed his smooth chin thoughtfully. In reality, he had never had the idea to test his abilities or experiment whatsoever. I suppose I was too afraid when I was little. Smiling, Kaijian raised his glass and downed the rest of it. "I believe this will be quite the adventure," he said after he finished and set the glass down.

message 26: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Rhett laughed heartily. "Another," he said, as he refilled the young thief's glass. "Enjoy tonight's alcohol," he said in Mandarin. "For tomorrow's hangover will be a bitch."

message 27: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "I'm sure you're right." Kaijian grinned, already taking another sip from his now full glass. This was probably the first time he had so much alcohol and he hoped his face wasn't turning too red.

message 28: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 11, 2013 07:54PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments By the time they had finished two more bottles, even he could not see straight anymore. But it was important for the morale of his team that they have a good time during initiation. From the looks of his men, they had all enjoyed themselves and were taking well to the newest soon-to-be full time addition, even Sèitheach.

He had already arranged their getaway and when it was one hour to dawn, Sèitheach signaled that it was time to go. They put poor Kaijian in a separate coach who mumbled his address to them and they said goodbye to him, all heading the other way.

He hoped that Kaijian wished that he had gone "home" with them instead.

message 29: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 11, 2013 02:12PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ***END OF SCENE***

message 30: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 19, 2013 04:01PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments After a long day at work, Ben decided that he needed a good, stiff one. As he strolled into the gentlemen's club, he loosened his tie a little. Shrugging, he decided to take it off completely and stuffed it into his briefcase. The case that he was working on was an utter bore. Luckily he had his understudy to help him with all the legal paraphernalia. Ben would be the one to argue in front of the judge but he hated paperwork.

He smiled to himself remembering what his coworker had said, "Coming into the office for three hours doesn't make a long day, Kaylock."

"It does when I was up till dawn the night before," Ben had retorted.

Rubbing his short red hair with his hand, he searched the room for an empty table.

message 31: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments Ali had just arrived in London three days before. Sense then his time had been a little difficult. He wasn't sure how society worked here in London but he knew that he would be considered upper class so he went to search for a fine establishment. He had come across a gentleman's club that looked promising.

That night he arrived again, at the club and entered the cigar smoke filled air. He liked to sit and listen to the men talk, their large moustaches like desert rats and their monocles winking in the light. He also liked the taste of the thing they called Gin and Tonic, although he was confused as to why they had named the drink after his species. He turned to the door as a man walked in.

message 32: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "Well, if it isn't the prodigal son returning to his homeland," a voice called out.

Recognizing the voice, Ben turned his head. "Smith!" he laughed. "Let me guess, you haven't left this establishment since the days of university." He walked over and shook his old friend's hand.

"Where the hell have you been, Kaylock?" Smith demanded.

"You know, here and there," Ben answered nonchalantly. "Care to have a drink to catch up?"

"Ah, I wish that I could, but sadly, I was just leaving," Smith said ruefully. "Here, take my table and I will call on you tomorrow. Where will you be staying?"

"Probably at the old geezer's," Ben grinned. "Pop in, pop out, that kind of thing. Do the dutiful son charade so that he'll leave me in peace."

Smith roared with laughter, the whiskey heavy on his breath. "Alright, Kaylock, until tomorrow."

Shaking his old friend's hand again, Ben waved as he walked away and then sat down. He waited for a waitress.

message 33: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments Ali watched with interest the exchange, the new man seemed very happy about something, his personality stood out and it intrigued Ali. He sipped his drink and decided to keep watching.

message 34: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Once he was served, Ben took a grateful sip and sighed. He didn't like coming home that often. There was nothing really here, especially not with the overbearing presence of his father. Ben always found it hilarious that his father prayed for his own father's death, not realizing that, well....

He shook his head. No need to be unchristian, he scolded himself. He wondered why his father wanted him home anyway. At least Bert was coming too. He hadn't seen his brother since Christmas and he missed him. He also remembered that Vivian was here. Maybe she could share a few good laughs with him to pass time.

Sipping his drink, he unbuttoned the collar buttons of his shirt and began to relax.

message 35: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments Ali sipped his drink and gazed over the rim, the man seemed fully relaxed now, maybe he would go over and talk, no, Ali's cautiousness wouldn't allow it. He decided to get up and walk to the bar and get a closer look at the man. Ali didn't know why this man interested him, something about his aura glowed.

message 36: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments As Ben drank his whiskey, he noticed a foreign man walking past him, subtlety sizing him up. Ben chuckled into his tumbler. They just let anyone into these establishments now? Almost finished, he ordered another one. He really didn't want to go home. Yet.

message 37: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments Ali finished his drink and wiped his lips, he was getting bored and slightly claustrophobic of the crowd surrounding him. The fake smiles and the laughter, also the odd states he was getting from people, he wondered if it would be a good idea to let of a spell or set something on fire, maybe just vanish or transform into something else, that might cure his boredom.

message 38: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments When the waitress brought him his second drink, Ben gave her a close lipped smile and began to polish it off, lost in thought.

message 39: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments James smiled as he thought of a great prank to pull. He whispered softly in Arabic. Seconds later all the drinks in the room sprung up a ghostly flame, the flames have off no heat or pain but were only supposed to scare. He acted scared along with the people next to him to not draw attention to himself.

message 40: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((Zac, you called him James lol))

When Ben's drink spontaneously combusted, he threw it from himself, cursing, "What the fuck?" Luckily, he threw it far away enough that it did not get his suit wet. He saw that the rest of the patrons were experiencing the same thing and he was suddenly a little spooked.

"Maybe that's my cue to leave," he muttered to himself. Picking up his briefcase, he tossed a few gold coins on the table and left.

Yeah. Welcome back to London.

message 41: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments ((Oops! I'm RPing with Caitlin as James as well and I slipped up haha))
Ali chuckled inwardly at the chaos he'd created and decided to escape the club in a fashionable manner. Running quickly past the man he'd been watching he vaulted over a table and transformed himself into a vapour sparkling as he dissipated out the door, making sure to catch people's attention on the way out. He hadn't felt this young in decades, he decided he liked London.

message 42: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments As the foreigner zipped past him, Ben cursed. That foreign bastard, this was for sure some trick of his.

Ben realized suddenly that he was in a bad mood. Worse than when he came in for that drink. Why? he wondered. Because it was getting closer to the time that he had to visit his father's home.

Shaking his head, Ben headed for the Grand Hotel. Once he arrived, he wrote a note and requested it be delivered to the Kaylock home.

I'm in London.

Send word once Bert has arrived.

Ben

He removed the rest of his clothing to take a bath.

message 43: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ***END OF SCENE***

message 44: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Kaijian kept his hat low over his eyes as he stepped inside. He kept the cross in his inside pocket, wondering what the importance was and figured it must have something to do with the next mission. It felt odd to be the only one going in, especially when the lounge usually had the more wealthy, respectable men staying there than someone like him.

message 45: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments The waiter that he had paid spotted Kaijian the instant he walked in, recognizing his description and he walked over to him. "Mr. Shen. Right this way, Sir."

He motioned for Kaijian to follow him.

message 46: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Following, he assumed that the waiter had spoken with Rhett and was meant to find him. He was slightly more nervous, this time, hoping Maarifa gave him just as good a review. He wanted to make sure that he was as top notch as was expected of him.

message 47: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments When the waiter entered the private room with Kaijian in tow, he looked up from his cognac and smiled. "Mr. Shen," he grinned, his hazel eyes dancing. "Good to see you." He motioned to the seat opposite him and said, "Please. Sit. Would you care for a drink?"

message 48: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Taking a seat, Kaijian shook his head in answer. "No, thank you. I think it would be best if I were as sober as possible for this next mission," he declined politely.

message 49: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments He laughed. "I knew from the moment that I laid eyes on you that you would be perfect for The Saint. How did you enjoy your last job?" he asked, sipping his own drink. "Maarifa had as rave a review as Sèitheach. The Saints generals seem to be taking kindly to you."

message 50: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He smiled modestly, glad and relieved to hear him say that. "The last job was quite interesting. Never done it before, but certainly willing to do it again. I think it was successful," Kaijian replied.

« previous 1 3