Marked (House of Night, #1) Marked discussion

OMG DID SHE REALLY SELL ALL THE RIGHTS?.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Christine Please say it isn't so???!!!

Christine Kristin and P.C Cast for the hon series

Christine I have no idea I can't remember for sure i heard a rumor but i lost the link i believe P.C says she didn't want anything to do with the series television wise don't quote me I seriously hope i'm wrong

AlbertaJenn To sell the rights means that she has given a production company the right to make a movie or TV series out of it. Whether they actually do or not is up to them. They have a certain amount of time to do something with the rights, then she can option them out to someone else.

Justine saulnier Please say she's not doing that I totally want to see the series on tv that would be awesome.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed... I would love to see the series on tv!!! It would be exciting...

Justine saulnier Yep:-)

message 10: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel I'm guessing I'm the only one who wouldn't like to see the series be shown on TV/cinema? xD Awkward..
I feel like there's too much waffling during all the books, I can hardly remember at all what happened in each book, because a lot of it was about Zoey's many boyfriends rather than the actual plot. And I also feel like it's taken too many books to get to the point of defeating Neferet. I haven't finished reading Hidden yet, but I'm assuming Neferet has still not been punished by the end of the book? It's dragging on too much :( Yet I feel the need to finish the series.

Lindsey Mel, I feel the same way. I have stopped reading them, and I occasionally check the book stores for a new one and look at the back of the book to see if it has an actual ending. I think when the series is complete I will read the ones I have missed lol

message 12: by Izzy (new) - rated it 1 star

Izzy Christine wrote: "I have no idea I can't remember for sure i heard a rumor but i lost the link i believe P.C says she didn't want anything to do with the series television wise don't quote me I seriously hope i'm wrong"

Why don't you get in contact with P.C Cast and ask her?

Christine Izzy wrote: "Christine wrote: "I have no idea I can't remember for sure i heard a rumor but i lost the link i believe P.C says she didn't want anything to do with the series television wise don't quote me I ser..."

How would I do that?

message 14: by Izzy (new) - rated it 1 star

Izzy Christine wrote: "Izzy wrote: "Christine wrote: "I have no idea I can't remember for sure i heard a rumor but i lost the link i believe P.C says she didn't want anything to do with the series television wise don't q..."

Send her a letter, email or just comment on her blog or something. Unless they really don't want to be found, authors will have contact information on their website so that their fans can talk to them.

Christine Izzy wrote: "Christine wrote: "Izzy wrote: "Christine wrote: "I have no idea I can't remember for sure i heard a rumor but i lost the link i believe P.C says she didn't want anything to do with the series telev..."

Thanks i'll try that :)

message 16: by Victoria (new)

Victoria I totally agree about the series being sooo dragged out. I've ready to be done with it. If i weren't so loyal i'd probably stop reading too. As for a movie/tv show i think it would be a great idea cause movies are always different from the books. It would have all the stuff that brought you into the series in the first place without all the extra boring stuff that you don't even remember reading.

message 17: by Izzy (new) - rated it 1 star

Izzy Christine wrote: "Izzy wrote: "Christine wrote: "Izzy wrote: "Christine wrote: "I have no idea I can't remember for sure i heard a rumor but i lost the link i believe P.C says she didn't want anything to do with the..."

You're welcome!

Nightinkgale They can only improve this...

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wow

OMG I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS! IF SHE SOLD ALL THE RIGHTS, AND THERE'S GOING TO BE 15 BOOKS THERE GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE *15* MOVIES!! WHOLE HELL!!!

message 21: by Amee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amee Burkett Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' wrote: "wow

OMG I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS! IF SHE SOLD ALL THE RIGHTS, AND THERE'S GOING TO BE 15 BOOKS THERE GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE *15* MOVIES!! WHOLE HELL!!!"

not necessarily. they could easily manage to get all 15 books into just 3 or 4 movies... and get rid of all the unneeded fluff from the books.

message 22: by Amee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amee Burkett also I thought there were only going to be like 9 books, if they do 15, it will be another 2 or 3 years before all the books have been published at the rate they are going.

Rachel There will actually be 12 books. Even though I usually prefer movies over TV shows, I'm hoping the House of Night series will get a show. I feel like it'd flow really well.

message 24: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel I think if they got rid of a lot of the annoying childish "drama" and focused on the plot then it may work as a TV show. It's a shame for the books 'cause I really liked the initial concept of having a vampire school that the humans were aware of and semi-accepted in society. I just wish that the books were planned and written better.

Christine I think it would make a good t.v series too much deets for a movie

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood Wait there's only going to be 12? then why do i keep hearing that there's going to be 15? Yeah I think if they got ride of all the unnesareyenss then maybe they could make it into a tv show or movie. But at the same time I'm not sure that I want to see them in a movie or tv show.

Christine Very true they might butcher it. just for the fact that there is a whole lot of details to cover in this series.

Kitty I hope they keep it set in Tulsa. That would change the book so much, for me, if they took out all the landmarks.

AmareCallisti_Tallyn Mel wrote: "I'm guessing I'm the only one who wouldn't like to see the series be shown on TV/cinema? xD Awkward..
I feel like there's too much waffling during all the books, I can hardly remember at all what h..."

You're not the only one. There are many of us out there. Me included, and almost everyone I know.

Bryee Mel wrote: "I'm guessing I'm the only one who wouldn't like to see the series be shown on TV/cinema? xD Awkward..
I feel like there's too much waffling during all the books, I can hardly remember at all what h..."

I stopped reading the books at number 8 which was.. Awakened? I got so done and bored with it not ending and got confused and just I was over it! which is sad because I never want to quit a book series I always want to give it a try :/

message 31: by Zoey (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoey I heard that she did sold the rights to the guy that directed or produced the Resident Evil movies. If it is true lets just hope that they don't mess up anything like making Aphrodite a brunette instead of a blonde and they SERIOUSLY need to keep to the plot of the books and keep it... DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING!!!!!. We so don't want another amazing book series turn out to be junk just like Beautiful Creatures.

Christine Zoraida wrote: "I heard that she did sold the rights to the guy that directed or produced the Resident Evil movies. If it is true lets just hope that they don't mess up anything like making Aphrodite a brunette i..."

Lol so true he's not that bad though so idk maybe fingers crossed

Betty Hernandez Mel wrote: "I'm guessing I'm the only one who wouldn't like to see the series be shown on TV/cinema? xD Awkward..

i feel the same way I haven't read the latest book but i just want it to end already

AmareCallisti_Tallyn I stopped reading the books at number 8 which was.. Awakened? I got so done and bored with it not ending and got confused and just I was over it! which is sad because I never want to quit a book series I always want to give it a try :/
Haha, you and me both sister. But sometimes when circumstances say otherwise, I guess you have to.

message 35: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel Guys, it says on the House of Night official Facebook page that 5 films are expected to be produced for the series. To everyone who aren't really happy with how the books were written, will you see the films or just leave it?

Justine saulnier I loved the books there should be more movies than just 5

Christine How are they going to squeeze everything in five books?

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood what the heck?? there cant be just 5 shows\movie\whatever their making. they'd get NOTHING into just 5!!

Christine ik :(

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood omg Chirstine your pic looks sooo much like one of the covers of a book that i've read!!

message 41: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel To me it seems like it's going to be a bit too much going on in the films if they try to squeeze 12(?) books into 5 films. Surely a TV series would be better, so that it allows them to space it all out more, so it's not too much at once. I think all they should be able to make at least one season for a series.

Saf I reckon a tv series could possibly save these books. Just like many other people here, I agree that the books have dragged on.

I think once I've finished reading all the books I really want to read, I may go back to the beginning of this series... Start again and see if it makes any more sense.

But as I'm older now, I think I would just find it all much worse.

It's a shame cos the concept is really good.

A TV series could MAKE this very big. A movie wouldn't be too successful, I know that for a fact.

Christine idk i would love to see a movie but i gotta agree tv allows more space.

Christine Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' wrote: "omg Chirstine your pic looks sooo much like one of the covers of a book that i've read!!"

lol is that a good thing?

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood lol well it's not ectaxely like it. But I guess it could be a good thing seeing as it was a good book

Christine Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' wrote: "lol well it's not ectaxely like it. But I guess it could be a good thing seeing as it was a good book"

do you remember the name?

Christine lol ok i'm gonna look it up

Stephanie It said they have a contract for 5 movies. Not sure if that means they will squeeze all of it into those five or not. Keep in mine that there are still two books yet to be released. Revealed out in October and Redeemed which she is still working on.

Justine saulnier Izzy wrote: "Christine wrote: "Izzy wrote: "Christine wrote: "I have no idea I can't remember for sure i heard a rumor but i lost the link i believe P.C says she didn't want anything to do with the series telev..."

she has twitter shes following me

« previous 1