Heathens, Pagans and Witches discussion

Practical Pagan > Can someone recommend an e-book on Celtic mythology?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Emerald | 37 comments Hello.

I know this question was asked recently, but here I'm looking for an e-book. My own research shows a few highly rated books, but I leave it to you to recommend which I should choose. My purpose is as a practical Pagan, wanting to understand better the Gods whom I follow. Historical detail is a distant second to understanding what they did/do and their story.

Thank you in advance, Michael Emerald

message 2: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) I can't help with ebooks, as it is not a format I read. Most of the mythology is available, free, on websites, such as the Mary Jones website.

message 3: by Little (new)

Little Miss Esoteric (littlemissesoteric) | 1116 comments Have you looked at our bookshelf, Michael? I read ebooks (kindle) but I'm not as interested in Celtic Mythology as others. I have also found finding kindle editions of many pagan books extremely difficult. :/

Can I ask which books you have already found? Maybe others can give you another opinion on them?

message 4: by Old-Barbarossa (new)

Old-Barbarossa | 591 comments Folks, if you find an E-copy of a book in the wrong format try using this to conver it. Works for most things (eg: PDF to ebub).
It's freeware and available for most operating systems.
http://calibre-ebook.com/

message 5: by Little (last edited Jun 12, 2013 02:38AM) (new)

Little Miss Esoteric (littlemissesoteric) | 1116 comments Great. :)

(Thinking this whole thread would be better located in Book Chat. And therefore easier for others who are also searching for such ebooks to find. Unsure how to move it there. Ancestral?)

message 6: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) I think it is somewhere near the top of the topic, or indeed, in the folders section. I'm afraid that I can't remember, Little.

message 7: by Little (new)

Little Miss Esoteric (littlemissesoteric) | 1116 comments Not a problem. I'll try again today. Thanks Ancestral. :):)