Flight Flight discussion

The narrator is immature

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ciara He is immature. He curses too much. He's racist and he's offensive.

Sadie That's the point of the book! He is a teenager trying to figure out how to be a man in a bigotted world. Anyway, I felt Alexie created this brash character to portray a specific theme. Many other books have much gentler characters.

Ciara Sadie wrote: "That's the point of the book! He is a teenager trying to figure out how to be a man in a bigotted world. Anyway, I felt Alexie created this brash character to portray a specific theme. Many other b..."
Yeah i know. It just got a little annoying to me.

Patti Albaugh I had to read this for an advanced fiction writing class, and I'm glad I did. I found it intriguing how each of Zits' experiences taught him something about the role and futility of violence. I thought the ending was a little convenient, however.

Ayana Breazil the narrator was immature only for one reason. he had no family he was living in a faster home. at the end of the book he had help from the cop who decided to keep him. he became a better person because he found a family actually like to keep him he actually felt wanted

Holly I did not think he was really immature. He is one of those kids that is forced to be old in order to take care of himself. He did choose poor methods in the beginning of the book, because he is young and has had no guidance. I'm amazed at how quickly he matures in his time travels. I did find the transformation at the end with Officer Dave, Dave's brother and his wife a little unbelievable in its rapidity.

Jane S Morrissey Ayana wrote: "the narrator was immature only for one reason. he had no family he was living in a faster home. at the end of the book he had help from the cop who decided to keep him. he became a better person be..."

He always had an inward sensibility, and just like Ayana said, living in non-so-effective foster care is what made him so coarse of a personality.