Because of Winn-Dixie Because of Winn-Dixie question

What feeling does Because if Winn-Dixie give to you ?
Bryan Riveros Bryan Jun 11, 2013 08:23AM
I think because of Winn-Dixie has been one of the best books I've read so far. The young girl named Opal goes through a lot of very moments with her companion Winn-Dixie . For me this book shows pure loyalty. She found him in a grocery store and decided to take him home and since then Winn-Dixie really cared for her. Loyalty is when your dog gets lost in the middle of a thunder storm and you still go out to look for him. This book also expresses many other feelings but overall loyalty would be my opinion on the feeling this book expresses the most.

deleted member Oct 06, 2014 08:58PM   0 votes
When I read it I was very young, and just thought it was sweet and touching. Now that I do think back on it I agree with bother of you.

it was ok but if you look at my profile you'll see what kinda books I like...;)

I adore this genre of story, the "people coming together" type as I like to call it. There's something so moving about lost souls being united for one common purpose. Kate DiCamillo is an expert at it, and her story is as bittersweet as the candy Miss Franny gives the children at the library. It's so sweet it makes you sad.

I felt a strong sense of belonging/inclusion when I read this book. Many of the characters are lonely before Winn-Dixie brings them together.