The Doctor Rules!!!!!! discussion

Group Moderators

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (last edited Jun 11, 2013 08:20AM) (new)

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 1146 comments Mod
All groups need moderators and from time to time for various reasons positions open up. This group is no different and will from time to time need new moderators.

The ultimate companion Moderator:
* Should be a current active member of this group, who visits frequently.
* Should have a pleasant personality and gets along with most in the group.
* Has the occasional free time to help with the clutter of the group (checking old threads to see if they should be moved into the archives.)

There might be other qualifications but I can't think of them right now. :)

If you are interested in becoming a moderator comment in this thread.

message 2: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments what does moderator do?

Hey I just noticed that currently there are just two of us moderators, myself and Tess (who hasn't been active for sometime since 2011) Hmmm.

Time for another hand or two to join in to help keep this TARDIS upright.

The ultimate companion Moderator:
* Should be a current active member of this group, who visits frequently.
* Should have a pleasant personality and gets along with most in the group.
* Has the occasional free time to help with the clutter of the group (checking old threads to see if they should be moved into the archives.)

There might be other qualifications but I can't think of them right now. :)

novia wrote: "what does moderator do?"

A moderator can do lots of things (but doesn't really have to do much). They can:
*move threads to different folders
*suspend or ban bad members
*invite members to become moderators if needed
*make edits to parts of the group that regular members can't
*Add photos, videos and books to the group (I'm not sure how much of that stuff regular members can add)
*Adjust the group settings

There might be a few other things they can do but I can't think of them just yet. I don't recall who the original creator/first moderator of this group was but I don't think they are active anymore. Usually moderators resign because they no longer have the time to keep up with the group.

message 5: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 553 comments Mod
I think being a moderator would be really cool. If someone were to become a mod, would they HAVE to move topics and all that or would they just watch over things?

Sinda wrote: "I think being a moderator would be really cool. If someone were to become a mod, would they HAVE to move topics and all that or would they just watch over things?"

You don't HAVE to move topics around, but you would have the power to do it. Basically you just watch over things. If something looks out-of-place you can fix it. You will have to know where the ladies and gents rooms are to direct new members who are lost. Occasionally welcome new members as they arrive. Kick the odd can around and shout "resistance is useless". Yeah basically there really isn't too much to do except try to maintain a little order. I don't recall this group having any problem members that needed to be given the boot.

The place almost runs itself. I think we only really need moderators to turn off the lights when it comes time to close up shop.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love to be a mod! I really like this group and the members and I would love to help in anyway possible!!!

message 8: by Pamela Su (new)

Pamela Su (thebluebaroness) | 142 comments From what I can see there's not really much need to moderate these boards. Just a little nudge on the rare occasion if something veers way off topic. :)

I would love to help if I can.

message 9: by CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (last edited Jun 12, 2013 07:29AM) (new)

Thanks for the responses now I have some good choices but only really need 1 maybe 2 new mods.

message 10: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Go with 2 ... you'll make two more people happy, have two people share their excitement and rev us all up. I don't see how two would hurt.

message 11: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 553 comments Mod
Yeah, two sounds great. Just make sure to pick people who will do really well.

2 was the plan. One picked one to go.

message 13: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (last edited Jun 13, 2013 04:47PM) (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 147 comments Hello!
I am a moderator of about 40 groups (omg I know right).
I've only been active on and off recently, but now that school is over, I can be on all the time again!
And, of course, I really, really love Doctor Who.
Sorry if this is too late.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮-ωα ⊰♡1017 & ♡ Tardis!⊱ wrote: "Hello!
I am a moderator of about 40 groups (omg I know right).
I've only been active on and off recently, but now that school is over, I can be on all the time again!
And, of course, I really, rea..."

Charlie yes sorry it is too late for now.

40 Groups? Wow that is 35 more (or so) than I'm a mod of. I lost count of how many groups I "mod" after 3 or so.

message 15: by Pamela Su (last edited Jun 14, 2013 06:18PM) (new)

Pamela Su (thebluebaroness) | 142 comments Wow. 40 groups. How is moderating goodreads groups? The groups I've seen so far don't seem too bad (but then, I've not seen a lot of groups, so I could be totally off!!!)

In my previous job, I had to moderate an official mobile phone company's forums. Every day was a challenge. :D