Buddy Reads > Love Comes to Paradise Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
Love Comes to Paradise (The New Beginnings, #2) by Mary Ellis

Love Comes to Paradise by Mary Ellis

Summary:
Love Comes to Paradise is the second book in bestselling author Mary Ellis's New Beginnings series. It's about fresh starts...and how faith in God and His perfect plans provide the peace and joy all long for.

Nora King believes she is a woman in love. When Elam Detweiler leaves the ultraconservative Amish district of Harmony, Maine, and moves to Paradise, Missouri, Nora follows soon after. But does she love the man or the independence and freethinking he represents? Although she finds good work in her new town, Nora can't seem to capture Elam's Englisch-leaning heart, no matter how hard she tries.

And then, unexpectedly, Lewis Miller comes from Harmony to offer Nora what every woman needs-a lifetime of unconditional love. As Lewis attempts to claim her heart, Elam's interest piques. Will Nora come to her senses before Elam's thoughtless choices ruin her reputation beyond repair?

We will start reading on the 15th. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up so you can get your book.

Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis (becca4ever) | 51 comments Got the book and ready to read.:)

message 3: by Lorie (new)

I started today it is as good as the first one...LOVE IT so far!

Anyone else reading with us?

message 4: by Krystaleve (new)

Krystaleve | 52 comments I have read the first three chapters. I am enjoying the story even more than the first book.

message 5: by Lorie (new)

Finished last night. I really liked this book and yes maybe even better than the first.

Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis (becca4ever) | 51 comments It was more upbeat, if you can call it that. I think the rivalary between Elam and Lewis made the book. Won't say any spoilers but it turned out the way it should.

message 7: by Lorie (new)

I loved the bakery, it reminded me of another Amish series that had a bakery in it that I loved so much. Just can't think of the name of it. I also loved the rivalary between Elam and Lewis!

message 8: by Krystaleve (new)

Krystaleve | 52 comments I have read up to chapter 11. I am enjoying reading about the bakery too.

Lorie, is the Amish series you read that had a bakery
A Gift of Grace: Kauffman Amish Bakery Series by Amy Clipston? I haven't read that series.

message 9: by Lorie (new)

Yes that's it the bakery kind of reminded me of that series!

message 10: by Rebecca "Rebaka" (new)

Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis (becca4ever) | 51 comments I think Violet was a wonderful character. I know the books are about the sisters but I loved so many of the supporting characters.

message 11: by Rebecca "Rebaka" (new)

Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis (becca4ever) | 51 comments Lorie wrote: "Yes that's it the bakery kind of reminded me of that series!"

Guess I found another series to read.:)

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 127 comments I wish we had more follow up on the characters in Maine. I wondered what happened with the Aunt who had been shunned, etc. It looks like the series continues so maybe we will find out more later.

message 13: by Lorie (new)

Yeah I loved the Aunt who got shunned.

message 14: by Rebecca "Rebaka" (new)

Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis (becca4ever) | 51 comments This book had so much "meat" in it. The story of redeming love was evident in each page. It also showed that people, even Amish don't always agree but you just love them unconditionally. Can't wait to read the one, whether in a group or alone. I do agree that it would be great to see past and present secondary characters in a book:) Hint, Mary.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Love Comes to Paradise (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mary Ellis (other topics)