Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Individual Book Discussions > The Mortal Instruments

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fatima (new)

Fatima (famshhh) | 3 comments Do you think they're going to make more Mortal Instruments movies?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

YES!! On IMDb they have city of ashes written as 'pre-production'

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2934314/

YAY!!!

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericaevernight) watch the trailer on youtube it comes out august 16 I believe

message 4: by Katarina (new)

Katarina | 290 comments They're shooting it now actually... bc I know one of the actresses in it.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Judd | 3 comments I just finished the Infernal Devices trilogy. And I learned something HUGE about brother Zacharia!

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 1451 comments Arghhhh!!!!!!!!!! I know right?!?!

(Yes, I have read the Infernal Devices)

message 7: by Triscia C.G. (new)

Triscia C.G. (carmelarouk) | 4 comments just a thought: can we change this discussion's name from 'the mortal instruments' to 'the shadowhunter chronicles'? so that we can have everything about the book series in one discussion?

anyways, big fan of TMI and TID over here!! i have finished CP2 and i definitely want to talk about it :) who here is excited for august?

message 8: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 7 comments Through the end of August, there's a free giveaway for Myths and Motifs of the Mortal Instruments. It’s a guide to the real world history and legends behind Clare’s series, from Ithuriel to Lilith, fairies to the Book of Raziel and the Nephilim from the author of 13 criticism and tie-in books. I’d also be happy to trade ebooks for reviews—contact me at valerie at calithwain.com if interested. Good luck, shadowhunters!
http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

message 9: by Aiman (new)

Aiman I LOVE TMI & TID AS WELL!!!

message 10: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Ugh. I watched the trailer for CoB and it doesn't look like it's going to live up to the book at all. Same thing with Beautiful Creatures. Horrible.

message 11: by Devon (new)

Devon | 3 comments Watch Out, the movie is great!

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samblob) | 5 comments I just finished reading City of Ashes. I give it a four! Please tell me number three is great too!!!

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather Bowhay | 9 comments Awaiting book 3 from the library!

Saw the movie, which I thought was okay. Didn't think the Jace was very well cast.

message 14: by S.B. (new)

S.B. Roozenboom | 9 comments Anybody else sort of cringe and feel their eyes twitch when they picked Jamie Bower to be Jace? I'm sorry, but for some reason that kid seriously gives me the creeps. I read the book (okay read) but didn't end up seeing the movie cause I thought the parts were (like twilight) poorly cast...

message 15: by Dyah (new)

Dyah (misssdmhere) | 10 comments I might start reading the books but I'm not sure yet... though I did see the movie and it was alright. Loved Lily of course. The casting for Jace was ehhh, but it wasn't too bad. Should I start reading the novels?

message 16: by Rowan (new)

Rowan (bestpanever) yes, I love the series personally, it combines epic adventure with comedy and romance to make a series that is, I’m sad to say but, better than hunger games. I have only read the first two but they have been amazing. I critique the casting director on her choice for Jace. He's not as attractive as I wanted. Clary and Simon are absolutely perfect. Haven’t seen the movie yet but Jace as well as Luke, Alec, Isabelle, and Magnus don't look exactly as I planned but it's okay.

message 17: by Coco (new)

Coco | 5 comments I wish there were more books in the series!! I cant get enough of Jace

message 18: by Bee (new)

Bee (chemistbee) | 11 comments I read the 1st and 2nd, and got bored. Should I read the rest?

message 19: by Allison (new)

Allison (amurphh) The third book was definitely my favorite so I honk you should :)

message 20: by beth (new)

beth (beth01) I just finished the 4th!!!