YA & NA Romance ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
[Old Group Book of the Month] > August Book of the Month Suggestions - CLOSED FOR SUGGESTIONS

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (last edited Jun 21, 2013 08:50AM) (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 964 comments Mod
Please post your suggestions for August's Book of the Month! I will take the first 10 YA Romance suggestions & the first 10 NA Romance suggestions and create a poll so that we can decide!

PLEASE POST WHICH GENRE THE SUGGESTED BOOK IS FOR! :)

Suggestions-

YA:
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell Breathe by Elena Dillon The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler The DUFF Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger The Rock Star's Daughter (Treadwell Academy, #1) by Caitlyn Duffy Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkeles

NA:
Twisted Perfection (Perfection, #1) by Abbi Glines Flukes by Nichole Chase The Carnelian Legacy by Cheryl Koevoet Crash (Crash, #1) by Nicole Williams Easy by Tammara Webber A Veil of Glass and Rain by Petra F. Bagnardi Broken Road by Elizabeth Yu-Gesualdi Killing Sarai (Killing Sarai, #1) by J.A. Redmerski Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) by S.C. Stephens Flawed by Kate Avelynn

The polls have been posted:
http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/86...
http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/86...

message 2: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Since July is full for suggestions. :)
YA: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
NA: Twisted Perfection (Perfection, #1) by Abbi Glines

message 3: by Emma (last edited Jun 12, 2013 04:02AM) (new)

Emma | 12 comments YA:
Breathe by Elena Dillon
NA: Flukes by Nichole Chase

message 4: by Cheryl (last edited Jun 12, 2013 06:07AM) (new)

Cheryl Koevoet | 8 comments NA
The Carnelian Legacy by Cheryl Koevoet

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 124 comments I need a clarification on the 2 genres so I make accurate suggestions. Do you have that posted somewhere already Brianna? Or can you direct me where to look? LOL! THANKS!

message 6: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Becky (Indiana) wrote: "I need a clarification on the 2 genres so I make accurate suggestions. Do you have that posted somewhere already Brianna? Or can you direct me where to look? LOL! THANKS!"

I have not yet posted the descriptions for these. I will add that to my list of to-do's! Hopefully I can get something posted before the end of the day. For now, I would just go off of what is listed under Genres when you are looking at the book's description. Or you can always post here and I can help you decide! :)

message 7: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments YA: The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles

NA: Crash (Crash, #1) by Nicole Williams Easy by Tammara Webber

message 8: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Becky (Indiana) wrote: "I need a clarification on the 2 genres so I make accurate suggestions. Do you have that posted somewhere already Brianna? Or can you direct me where to look? LOL! THANKS!"

Hey Becky! I have posted the YA & NA definitions in the Definitions folder. These are just definitions in my own words. I'm sure looking up the definitions on the internet would be better at clarifying for you. :) The main difference is the age of the characters and the age of the targeted audience.

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily YA Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
YA Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to suggest:
A Veil of Glass and Rain

Contemporary Romance/New Adult, friends to lovers story, set in the beautiful Rome.

message 11: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (last edited Jun 14, 2013 09:51PM) (new)

YA The DUFF Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger

2 YA Romance suggestions left & 4 NA Romance suggestions left! :)

message 12: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Jenna wrote: "YOUNG ADULT: Breathe by Elena Dillon

NEW ADULT: Broken Road by Elizabeth Yu-Gesualdi"

Hey Jenna, these two suggestions have already been posted in message 2, so they're already on the list! :) Do you have any other suggestions that you would like me to add?

message 13: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 124 comments If there's room left for YA I just ran across this cute one by accident on my kindle...

The Rock Star's Daughter (Treadwell Academy, #1) by Caitlyn Duffy YA

message 14: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Jenna wrote: "Brianna♥ wrote: "Jenna wrote: "YOUNG ADULT: Breathe by Elena Dillon

NEW ADULT: Broken Road by Elizabeth Yu-Gesualdi"

Hey Jenna, these two suggestions have already been posted in message 2, so ..."

I will be creating a poll as soon as I receive 10 suggestions for YA Romance and 10 suggestions for NA Romance! :)

message 15: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

1 YA Romance suggestion left and 3 NA Romance suggestions left!

message 16: by Francielle (new)

Francielle De Oliveira (itsmefrancielle) | 81 comments NA Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) by S.C. Stephens

YA Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkeles

message 17: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

1 NA Romance left! :)

message 18: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments Flawed by Kate Avelynn . It's listed as both young adult and new adult, but I'll let you decide Queen Bri!!

message 19: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

I will put it in under the NA suggestions! :) Thank you, Katherine!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.