YA & NA Romance ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
[Old Group Book of the Month] > July Book of the Month Suggestions CLOSED FOR SUGGESTIONS

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (last edited Jun 12, 2013 08:39AM) (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 964 comments Mod
Please post your suggestions for July's Book of the Month! I will take the first 10 YA Romance suggestions & the first 10 NA Romance suggestions and create a poll so that we can decide!

PLEASE POST WHICH GENRE THE SUGGESTED BOOK IS FOR! :)

Suggestions-

YA:
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins Stalk Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #1) by Jillian Dodd Burning by Elana K. Arnold Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver How to Ruin a Summer Vacation (How to Ruin, #1) by Simone Elkeles Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins Temptation (Temptation, #1) by Karen Ann Hopkins This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

NA:
Plastic Hearts (Hearts, #1) by Lisa De Jong The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1) by J.A. Redmerski Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) by Molly McAdams Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1) by K.A. Tucker A Different Blue by Amy Harmon Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) by Colleen Hoover Collide (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #1) by H.M. Ward Facade (Games, #2) by Nyrae Dawn Wanted by Amanda Lance

message 2: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments Oh man: I could go on all day! here are two suggestions:

YA: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins . I love this book! Stephanie Perkins never fails to make me smile, and her writing style is so cute! This is one of my favorite books!

NA: Plastic Hearts (Hearts, #1) by Lisa De Jong . Never read it, but have heard so many good things about it

message 3: by Caitlin (last edited Jun 11, 2013 08:32AM) (new)

Caitlin  | 30 comments YA
Stalk Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #1) by Jillian Dodd

Stalk Me By Jillian Dodd

One of my favourite YA book series

NA
The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1) by J.A. Redmerski

The Edge of Never By J.A. Redmerski

Great book and looking forward to the next one coming out.

message 4: by Elena (new)

Elena Dillon (elenadillon) | 18 comments Planning on reading Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) by Molly McAdams and it's gotten some good reviews!

message 5: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 44 comments YA: Burning by Elana K. Arnold - It was released yesterday, I think, and i am just DYING to pick it up!!

NA: Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1) by K.A. Tucker - I've heard lots of great things about this one. The sequel to it came out yesterday too.

message 6: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin  | 30 comments Elena wrote: "Planning on reading Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) by Molly McAdamsand it's gotten some good reviews!"

Very good book but also really sad though highly recommended.

message 7: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) A Different Blue by Amy Harmon highly recommend

message 8: by Bobo :) (new)

Bobo :) (readwithbobo) | 12 comments I second Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1) by K.A. Tucker

I'd also like to nominate Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) by Colleen Hoover I've read it and I absolutely loved it, I'll also nominate Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover I haven't read it yet but heard it's as good as Hopeless

message 9: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (last edited Jun 11, 2013 03:56PM) (new)

PLEASE POST WHICH GENRE THE SUGGESTED BOOK IS FOR! :)

I have categorized the first ones with what I thought were best. Please refer to message 1.

We need 6 more YA suggestions & 4 more NA suggestions!

message 10: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Ya: How to Ruin a Summer Vacation (How to Ruin, #1) by Simone Elkeles

NA: Collide (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #1) by H.M. Ward

message 11: by Bobo :) (new)

Bobo :) (readwithbobo) | 12 comments Brianna♥ wrote: "PLEASE POST WHICH GENRE THE SUGGESTED BOOK IS FOR! :)

I have categorized the first ones with what I thought were best. Please refer to message 1.

We need 6 more YA suggestions & 4 more NA sugges..."

Didn't realise I hadn't, sorry.
'Hopeless' is a NA book.

My votes for YA books are
Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) by Scott Westerfeld
Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
I've been meaning to read these books forever..

message 12: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Kristen wrote: "Brianna♥ wrote: "PLEASE POST WHICH GENRE THE SUGGESTED BOOK IS FOR! :)

We need 6 more YA suggestions &..."

No problem! :) I'll change it!

message 13: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Kristen wrote: "Brianna♥ wrote: "PLEASE POST WHICH GENRE THE SUGGESTED BOOK IS FOR! :)

I have categorized the first ones with what I thought were best..."

Unfortunately Leviathan & Unwind are not Romance, so I'm unable to add them to the list. Did you want to suggest a couple others?

message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily NA: Facade (Games, #2) by Nyrae Dawn

message 15: by Emily (new)

Emily YA Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally

YA The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle

message 16: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments YA: Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins Temptation (Temptation, #1) by Karen Ann Hopkins

NA: Wanted by Amanda Lance The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

message 17: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

One YA Romance left! :) Then I will be able to create the polls!

message 18: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments YA: This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

message 19: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

No more suggestions for July, please! :) I will create the poll for this and send out an email soon. Thanks! :)

message 20: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 124 comments This is a genre I have only recently started reading. I'm usually more into paranormal stuff. So I'm excited to see what gets picked and expand my horizons!

message 21: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Diana wrote: "Hello! My name is Diana Jaeger and I am new to the group. I've read a few NA novels and quite a lot of YA, but have come to realize that NA is definitely more in line for what I enjoy in a novel...."

Diana,
Can you please move this message to the Introduce Yourself thread? I believe this is in the wrong thread.
Thanks!

message 22: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

That's completely fine. However, the suggestions for July have been closed because we have reached the limit of 10 suggestions for YA and 10 suggestions for NA. Would you like me to add the book to the August list?

I think we will also try to start a weekly book very soon! We can put it on that suggestion list as well if you would like! :)

message 23: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Diana wrote: "P.S.: Can someone tell me how to upload photos of book covers? Thanks!"

On the comment box, there's "add book/author" icon, click it, then type the book you want to put here on the comment box. make sure it's in COVER (add: Link ... Cover.) :) hope that helps

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.