YA & NA Romance ♥ discussion

All About Books! > Buy Books vs. Borrow Books

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 964 comments Mod
Do you prefer to buy books? Or do you prefer to borrow books (from friends or libraries)?

message 2: by Bobo :) (new)

Bobo :) (readwithbobo) | 12 comments It depends on what genre the books from.
I like to buy my YA, NA and humour books but I prefer to borrow my thriller's and horror's that way I'm not too disappointed if I can't get into it.

message 3: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin  | 30 comments usually buy since I like to keep my books but if i'm not to sure about a book I like to borrow it first and then if I like it I will buy myself a copy.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I work in a library so I generally borrow books first. If it's a book that I really liked I end up buying a copy.

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments I usually check books out at the library to save money (I'm a poor college student, LOL!) But if I know Ill reread it over and over again, I'll buy it. And if I go to the bookstore... all bets are off!

message 6: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Buy.
I love collecting books. Gives me a wonderful view whenever I wake up and stare at my shelf.

message 7: by Holly (new)

Holly Letson (bookaholicholly) | 15 comments I prefer to buy books. That way, they don't come with a deadline, in which they must be read, and they don't have to be returned.

But, I do love libraries. I just don't check books out as much, anymore. Our library has a "Friends of the Library" book sale room, and we buy there often.

message 8: by Diamond (new)

Diamond Drake (diamondthewriter) | 152 comments I usually buy books. I used to check them out of the library but within recent years the authors I'm interested in trying aren't on the shelves in my local branch. Lately I've been enjoying free e-books.

Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell (tjchocolate) | 17 comments i like both..

If i have started buying a series.. i would rather finish buying it..

But if i start borrowing a book from libraries then i will finish the series by then.
I also like the library for book im not sure about.. so i dont wanna waste my money.

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (pandwen) | 19 comments i borrow books all the time and unless the book is in a series i have already started ... or by an author i love i usually like to borrow first... that being said if i go into a bookshop i very rarely walk out not carrying a book... and i find myself in bookshops more and more often recently.

message 11: by ☆Joycedale☆ (new)

☆Joycedale☆ Used to be i always bought but nowI prefer to borrow books. If I can't borrow I buy the ebook. I just don't have the room anymore

message 12: by Micheala (new)

Micheala Buy. But I borrow a lot, and when I end up loving a book I borrowed it gets bought. Half my bookshelf can be blamed on the library.