YA & NA Romance ♥ discussion

All About Our Members! > What Makes You Weird Or Unique?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 964 comments Mod
What are some weird or unique things about you? Do you have a unique trait or ability? Perhaps a weird phobia?

message 2: by Bobo :) (new)

Bobo :) (readwithbobo) | 12 comments I absolutely hate polystyrene and moths. The world would be a better place without either.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Fisher (lisafisher) | 46 comments People always make fun of me because I'm deathly afraid of ladybugs and I don't like the taste of ice cream. I'm sure there are dozens of other reasons why I'm weird, but that's all I can think of right now. Lol.

message 4: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

I can't stand the feel of wet paper, wet napkins, wet kleenexes, etc. Just creeps me out!

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina (channelle_writes) | 18 comments Unique and weird are my middle names :)

I have a crazy fear of birds. Have no clue why but I flinch when they fly by...have been known to scream and have borderline panic attacks.

I'm a very picky eater. E.g I hate ham (basically any kind of deli meat), milk chocolate, bacon, cheese cake, just to name a few, lol.

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments Weird is one of my middle names!

I'm absolutely petrified... of roller coasters. It's so bad. Every time my family passes by Magic Mountain when we visit LA, I have to close my eyes and not look. I inherited it from my mother (I didn't know that was even possible!)My senior class trip was to Magic Mountain. Needless to say I skipped. There's a host of other things hat makes my weird, but that's OK! I'd like to keep it that way!

message 7: by Soreonne (new)

Soreonne | 81 comments I have a mayo phobia. All my friends laugh at me soooo much. Like I can't touch it or look at it and I definitely cannot smell it! It's so bad I stop eating anything white because I think it has mayo in it

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Fisher (lisafisher) | 46 comments Soreonne wrote: "I have a mayo phobia. All my friends laugh at me soooo much. Like I can't touch it or look at it and I definitely cannot smell it! It's so bad I stop eating anything white because I think it has ma..."

I'm the same way with ketchup... especially the smell, it's like it just lingers. Lol.

message 9: by Soreonne (new)

Soreonne | 81 comments @Lisa...all my friends are like that! They hate ketchup. I tell them they're weird lol

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 124 comments I hate bananas. taste, texture, smell. Ick. Also I have never seen Gone with the Wind, Sound of Music or Titanic.

There's more I'm sure but that's what i came up with off the top of my head. :-)

message 11: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) My last name. Lol. Always pronounced wrong. Also I eat a lot but don't get fat. I want to gain weight.. just a little.

message 12: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Sternshein (bookdorkjenn) | 93 comments Lisa wrote: "Soreonne wrote: "I have a mayo phobia. All my friends laugh at me soooo much. Like I can't touch it or look at it and I definitely cannot smell it! It's so bad I stop eatin

I love mayo but agree with Lisa on hating ketchup and yeah soreonne every one that knows makes fun of me.... I can't eat anything if ketchup is on the same plate. The smell makes me gag. Glad to know there are more freaks like me out there lol.

message 13: by Dusti (new)

Dusti (Dustijits) | 42 comments I am double jointed in all my fingers except my left pointer.
I am right handed when I write but do pretty much else with my left.
I hate hate hate June bugs, I will run away screaming like a little kid but don't mind relocating snakes or spiders if I find one
I NEVER wear matching socks.

message 14: by esther (new)

esther Im a strange combination of a typical blonde, a die-hard tomboy, a psychologist, and an emotional little girl. The characters are just soo contradicting, yet are in such harmony....well, most of the time. It makes life fun though. :)

message 15: by esther (new)

esther Beatrice wrote: "My last name. Lol. Always pronounced wrong. Also I eat a lot but don't get fat. I want to gain weight.. just a little."

i feel your pain. I have a normal weight for my age, but i look like a slim-fit girl. I would totaly love to gain a little weight....physically, and not just on the scale. :(

message 16: by Billie Jo (new)

Billie Jo (BookJunkie32) I hate feet lol I Don't like them to touch me or be near me!!! I'm scared of tin foil, it freaks me out.

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments Alisha Rose wrote: "I have an undeniable phobia of mushrooms,moths and fruit flies. I actually had a nightmare about moths last night. (I have no problem with spiders...they can crawl on my face, I don't mind.)

I hav..."

Alisha, I lived in/near Newcastle for 10 years and I still can't understand the Geordie dialect!

message 18: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 124 comments Sarah wrote: "Alisha Rose wrote: "I have an undeniable phobia of mushrooms,moths and fruit flies. I actually had a nightmare about moths last night. (I have no problem with spiders...they can crawl on my face, I..."

Sarah, I live in New Castle, Indiana, USA and I follow the NewCastle United FC in the English Premier Soccer league, lol!

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments That's so cool Becky, my stepson is Newcastle United fan too :) I've seen them play a few times as I used to work in an office block across the road from St James' Park.

message 20: by Elodie (new)

Elodie (commutinggirl) | 4 comments I don't know if it makes me weird or special...but I'm French, lived and studied in the US for quite a few years, now live in Germany with my Ukrainian-born husband :P I write my books in English and read mostly in English.
I speak French, English, German, a bit of Spanish and Russian :-)

message 21: by Stan (new)

Stan Morris (morriss003) | 23 comments Other than being a interdimensional, interplanetary, time traveler? Absolutely nothing. I'm probably the most average person on the planets.

message 22: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Stan wrote: "Other than being a interdimensional, interplanetary, time traveler? Absolutely nothing. I'm probably the most average person on the planets."

This is definitely the best answer I've seen so far! Lol!

message 23: by Julie (new)

Julie | 192 comments Haha, Stan. Very nice!

I don't let the different foods on my plate touch each other. I don't want green bean juice in my mashed potatoes, etc. I will not eat anything soggy. My kids make fun of me because I chew a lot before I swallow. I'm always the last to finish eating, and the kids start counting as I chew to drive me crazy.

I'm a huge college football and baseball fan. I talk to my players by way of the TV. I discuss things with my coaches and yell at the refs, too.

message 24: by Stan (new)

Stan Morris (morriss003) | 23 comments Julie wrote: "Haha, Stan. Very nice!

I don't let the different foods on my plate touch each other. I don't want green bean juice in my mashed potatoes, etc. I will not eat anything soggy. My kids make fun of me..."

I love pro sports. Are you watching the Olympics?

message 25: by Julie (new)

Julie | 192 comments I've watched some of it. I'm watching Alabama baseball right now. I like the summer Olympics better. We watch all of it. Which pro sports do you watch?

message 26: by Stan (new)

Stan Morris (morriss003) | 23 comments Julie wrote: "I've watched some of it. I'm watching Alabama baseball right now. I like the summer Olympics better. We watch all of it. Which pro sports do you watch?"

Well, I have 5 LCD TV's in my man-cave. It's great when I want to watch multiple broadcasts. I can watch the Olympics on different channels, and in March I can catch a lot of March Madness. In September, I watch two football games, NASCAR, PGAgolf, and sometimes the LPGA when our local girl, Michelle Wie is playing. Once I was watching Bret Favre throw, Tiger was teeing off, and Michelle was teeing off on another channel. I thought, "I'm in heaven."

message 27: by Kimmy (new)

Kimmy Alejo (kimmyalejo) | 3 comments I am unique because I am me. ☻

message 28: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Boutin | 4 comments I can wiggle my ears.

message 29: by Cam (new)

Cam (mizzcam) | 17 comments I have a semi-phobia of balloons - not the mylar kind, but the regular blow up kind. I freak out bc I always think they're going to pop.

I'm a very picky eater (I won't eat fries that have pointy ends, I have to eat the perimeter of any sandwich first before I can bite the middle, and I have an extremely long list of foods I don't like.)

message 30: by Carla (new)

Carla Antonia | 6 comments Lisa wrote: "People always make fun of me because I'm deathly afraid of ladybugs and I don't like the taste of ice cream. I'm sure there are dozens of other reasons why I'm weird, but that's all I can think of ..."

i feel sad for male ladybugs because everyone call them a lady.

message 31: by Carla (new)

Carla Antonia | 6 comments Beatrice wrote: "My last name. Lol. Always pronounced wrong. Also I eat a lot but don't get fat. I want to gain weight.. just a little."

lucky.

message 32: by Carla (new)

Carla Antonia | 6 comments my goal is to read 48 books this summer.

message 33: by Carla (new)

Carla Antonia | 6 comments Cam wrote: "I have a semi-phobia of balloons - not the mylar kind, but the regular blow up kind. I freak out bc I always think they're going to pop.

I'm a very picky eater (I won't eat fries that have pointy ..."

WOW

message 34: by Shane (new)

Shane (shanemorgan) | 23 comments Is it weird to have anxiety even when you're going to the mailbox outside of your house? If so, I guess I am lol

message 35: by Yara (new)

Yara | 8 comments Wow, this is a loaded question! Lol - one of the many things that makes me weird or unique is even though I'm bilingual, I can only count money and/or pray in Spanish. It's like my brain is broken when it comes to those two things and English. :)

message 36: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Caldwell | 14 comments I am double jointed in my toes (super freaky but it makes my kids giggle) I have anxiety about driving on the interstate (only happened once I had kids because I used to love driving everywhere). I have a slight tendency (by which I mean obsessive compulsion) to only let my tv be on even number for the volume, and my husband loves to set it to odd numbers just to grate my nerves.
Also, I am terrified of bees!

message 37: by ☆Joycedale☆ (last edited May 27, 2014 06:23PM) (new)

☆Joycedale☆ According to my husband I'm weird about everything lol. I think the worst are flying anything especially birds. When I still lived at home I would get hysterical when my mom let her bird out of the cage. And I will only eat in a bright room, won't eat anything at the theater after the lights dim.