YA & NA Romance ♥ discussion

All About Our Members! > Pet Peeves

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 964 comments Mod
What are your biggest pet peeves about books? What are your biggest pet peeves in general?

message 2: by Mishma (new)

Mishma Nixon In Books:
-Damsels in Distress
-Whiny heroines
-Terrible love triangles
-Too much explanations (especially in paranormal books)
-Instant love
-

message 3: by Diamond (new)

Diamond Drake (diamondthewriter) | 152 comments In books my BIGGEST pet peeve is an over abundance of grammatical errors . . . especially the really silly ones that make it obvious no one has bothered to proofread it!
In general one of my pet peeves is when people get on a site designed to share opinions about books blasting other people for their opinions about books! I HATE that, actually. We're not all going to like the same things so why is it someone's place to insult and criticize a person for what he or she felt in regards to a book? Did I mention that I HATE that? ha,ha,ha

message 4: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 24 comments My biggest pet peeve is a spoiled, whiny, dependent, indecisive female character.

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments Bookish Pet Peeves-
1. Instalove
2. Love triangles
3. Whiny, needy, helpless heroines- I prefer mine independent!
4. Annoying sidekicks
5. Confusing mythology (applies to mostly paranormal and fantasy books)

Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell (tjchocolate) | 17 comments 1. Instalment and love Triangles do get very annoying if they are not done correctly in books.
2. People who don't listen to everyone point.
3. People who think they are always right.
4. Books that are very similar.

message 7: by Soreonne (new)

Soreonne | 81 comments My pet peeve in books is a complete airhead guy. Especially when their POV is being told! Yuk.

In general, when people tell me anything about raising my son. It drives me nuts! That's one subject that is not debatable

message 8: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Sternshein (bookdorkjenn) | 93 comments Instant love drives me crazy, especially if they don't have anything in common and never really talk to each other.

message 9: by Billie Jo (new)

Billie Jo (BookJunkie32) I can't stand when people write in all CAPS, and when way to many details are used in a book, for example, I read a book recently where the author described a car, make/model/mileage/etc.....and wasn't even pertinent to the story at all. Spelling errors are the worst though!!!