YA & NA Romance ♥ discussion

Notices/Announcements > Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Brianna♥ (briannaforrest) | 964 comments Mod
Please comment with your group suggestions here!

message 2: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin  | 30 comments might be fun to do some group challenges.

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 69 comments Oh yes! I love reading challenges!

message 4: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Group challenges would be great!! What would you like to do for them? Please list your ideas below. Then we can try to do a couple! :)

message 5: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin  | 30 comments Maybe a challenge where you pick a word and everyone has to read one book where the title or author's name begins with each letter of that word but the books also have to be YA or NA romances.

Example:

Word- Heart

H- Hopeless
E- Easy
A- Anna and the French Kiss
R- Rules of Attraction
T- Thoughtless

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily can we maybe do a weekly read? Have a thread opened up each week for a different book. they used to do this on another group I was in and they quit but I really enjoyed it

message 7: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Caitlin, I have created a challenge based on your suggestions! :) Please let me know if I need to do any changing!

message 8: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Emily wrote: "can we maybe do a weekly read? Have a thread opened up each week for a different book. they used to do this on another group I was in and they quit but I really enjoyed it"

Emily,
I just want to make sure that I am completely understanding this. :)
We would choose a new book each week, read it, then discuss it?
I REALLY like this idea!

message 9: by Livi (new)

Livi Best (ol040388) | 11 comments Instead of just having an Author's Promo section, could we have an Author's section/Authors & Readers interactions section?

Also, will we be able to add books to the shelf?

Thanks!

message 10: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Thank you for the suggestions Olivia! :)

I am going to have to try to think about how to go about the Author's section. That is a great idea though! I will hopefully get something set up by the end of the day today.

I will be adding the Book of the Week books & the Book of the Month books to the shelf once they have been decided on.

message 11: by Emily (last edited Jun 12, 2013 02:57PM) (new)

Emily Brianna♥ wrote: "Emily wrote: "can we maybe do a weekly read? Have a thread opened up each week for a different book. they used to do this on another group I was in and they quit but I really enjoyed it"

Emily,
I ..."

yes that is what I meant!
but maybe have like six weeks planned out so everyone can be prepared

message 12: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Great!! I will add those threads as soon as possible! :) Thank you!

message 13: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (last edited Jun 13, 2013 06:42AM) (new)

I've set up the suggestion threads for the next 6 weeks. As soon as 5 YA Romance and 5 NA Romance suggestions have been posted, I will create a poll to decide which two we will do. Then I will create threads specifically for the books we decide on so we can discuss them. :)

message 14: by Francielle (new)

Francielle De Oliveira (itsmefrancielle) | 81 comments Polls, I love polls!

message 15: by Trinity (new)

Trinity How about a member of the month? Every month you could pick a winner that has standed out of all the members.

Moatly because they
•Comment the most
•Take part in a lot of activities

Stuff like that, and every month is anew member, bevause this group is growing fast :)

message 16: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Hmm... I'm going to have to think about that one some more. I'm just not sure I will have enough time to keep up with it and keep track of everything. :-/

message 17: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Here is September's Book of the Month suggestion thread:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Here are the Book of the Week suggestion threads that are currently open for suggestions:

You can post your suggestions to these threads, then I will create a poll so that the group can vote on them. :)

message 18: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Alisha Rose wrote: "Oh Okay, Thanks Brianna. I will suggest it :)"

Sounds great!

message 19: by Brianna♥, The Queen Bri (new)

Alisha Rose wrote: "Can we add The Light in the Wound by Christine Brae to this group. If you loved the opportunist, you'll like this one. I know I really did genuinely and gave it 5 stars which I am very stingy o..."

Hello!
You can add it to the October Book of the Month suggestions. :)

message 20: by Moffat (new)

Moffat Machingura (sirmoffat) | 1 comments Brianna♥ wrote: "Please comment with your group suggestions here!"

Hie Goodreaders (FREE BOOK OFFER)
I’m the Author of “How I Kissed Heartbreak Goodbye” What do you think about this book?
My book is FREE to DOWNLOAD this season only. Click here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view... to Download in all formats!!!
You can also review it on Goodreads, Amazon, Smashwords... but remember the most important thing is to... Enjoy!

Moffat Machingura
How I Kissed Heartbreak Goodbye: Tips to find true love and escape the heartbreak cafe