Dragons, dragons and-you guessed it, dragons! discussion

Dragonology > Dragons' Society

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iesha (In east shade house at...) (last edited Jun 10, 2013 09:10PM) (new)

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 52 comments What rules do dragons follow in their society? Voice your opinion here please:)

message 2: by Vatani (new)

Vatani Williams | 6 comments I have no idea but there has to be an alpha we must protect

message 3: by C.A. (new)

C.A. Rose | 50 comments Protection of mates and young is a most primodial urge for continuation of the species. I realize that the males of some species mate and disappear (Not that some males of our own species don't do the same) but for a society to evolve, I think both genders are probably involved. So, I'll posit that as a basic.

However, a society of strictly femal dragons and their young could be an interesting story world.

message 4: by Demon Dragon (new)

Demon Dragon (Changer of Worlds) | 6 comments i think its more of respect for age type deal, the oldest are more respected and revered for the knowledge and wisdom as well as having the most power.

message 5: by C.A. (new)

C.A. Rose | 50 comments In the novel I'm cold querying, there is a council of elders who advise the wold leader. There is also a Right Wing, a military leader subordinate to the wold leader.

This suits my novel, but I think there could be more non-traditional societies that would be much more interesting. How about brother/sister rulers? Implied conflict there. Or a council composed of representative from different species of dragons? Could be lots of clashing motivations. Could be various castes of say: warriors, scholars, medics. A dragon could be born into a caste which he/she doesn't want to be in.