We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

In The Kitchen.... > Pasta Salad With Feta Cheese

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Pasta Salad

10 ounces (before cooking) Spiral Pasta
2 C chopped tomato - seeds removed
1-1/2 C Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/2 C Shredded Parmesan
7T Olive Oil
1 small onion finely diced
9 Basil Leaves - torn
2 Garlic Cloves - minced
1/4 t pepper

Salt and additional Pepper to taste

In a large bowl combine Olive Oil, basil, garlic, onion and ground pepper.

Cook pasta according to package, being careful not to overcook. Rinse and drain well to remove excess water.

Add pasta to the Olive Oil mix and stir well. If it's not "wet" enough, add more OO by the tablespoon until you think it's right. Add the cheeses and tomato, then mix gently.

It's best to serve it at room temperature, but it does refrigerate well. However, the pasta absorbs the olive oil and it can seem a bit dry when served chilled.

You can add bell peppers, cucumbers, olives... whatever you generally like in your pasta salads, but be sure to adjust the garlic, basil and olive oil to accommodate the extra ingredients.

message 2: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Oh, man. I love pasta salad. However, feta cheese gives me one of the worse migraines. Like a bullet to the brain. Though, I bet I could leave it out. Or change this to vegan... hmmmm... LOVE fresh basil.

message 3: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Oh, man. I love pasta salad. However, feta cheese gives me one of the worse migraines. Like a bullet to the brain. Though, I bet I could leave it out. Or change this to vegan... hmmmm... LOVE..."

YOU COULD TOTALLY CHANGE IT TO VEGAN!!!!

Heh. Heh.

message 4: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments
**gigglesnort**
No, I couldn't! ! YES! I REALLY COULD!

message 5: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments
LOL!!!!!

message 6: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Notice anything, Dhes?

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) I LOVE this salad! That sucks about feta cheese giving you migraines, LK! I love feta cheese so much.

message 8: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments
OMG!!!
YOU WENT THERE!!
LOL!

message 9: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) wrote: "I LOVE this salad! That sucks about feta cheese giving you migraines, LK! I love feta cheese so much."

It's a great one! I'm making it today and adding cucumbers and some lime juice to brighten it up more.

message 10: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments I did, Dhes. I went THERE!

message 11: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Thanks, Teresa.

message 12: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments LOL!

message 13: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments You know, I really need to get a life. Because I find this totally hysterical. Lord help us all. Good thing authors haven't figure out how to make the titles bold. LOL!

message 14: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "You know, I really need to get a life. Because I find this totally hysterical. Lord help us all. Good thing authors haven't figure out how to make the titles bold. LOL!"

Bite your tongue!!

message 15: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments I know! I was going to do it... but then, I figured I'd give them ideas. LOL!

message 16: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 254 comments The salad sounds good I will try and make it for my sister she would love it. Me i hate all cheese i even take the cheese of the pizza whenever we order it and eat it like that.

message 17: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I used to work at a Pizza Hut restaurant and we often made pizza without cheese because people had allergies. We also made pizza without tomato sauce when asked.