The Backlot Gay Book Forum discussion

Andrew J. Peters
This topic is about Andrew J. Peters
Author-specific Discussions > Andrew J. Peters

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (last edited Jun 28, 2013 07:47AM) (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments Hi!

I followed OctoberCountry's book thread on AfterElton for quite some time. I'm glad to have discovered that it has moved here.

I write fantasy, young adult and contemporary fiction. My début long-form release is Werecat: The Rearing (Vagabondage Press, May 28, 2013), which is the first book in a series of e-novelettes.

Werecat: The Rearing is the story of a college senior who goes on Spring Break to Montréal, hooks up with a handsome drifter and takes a free fall into the world of feline shapeshifters.

Some of my favorite authors are Gregory Maguire, Douglas Clegg and Anne Rice. I write mostly retold myths and legends, and I hope I've channeled some of those amazing authors in the process.

My first book is up at all the on-line booksellers (at a very reasonable $2.99 I think), and there are giveaway opportunities going on through LGBT Pride month.

Through June 15th, you can enter a drawing at The Romance Reviews http://glbt.theromancereviews.com/con...

From June 18th through June 30th, The Bibliophilic Book Blog is hosting a drawing as well

http://www.bibliophilicbookblog.com/

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to the discussions here. :)

Werecat: The Rearing

message 2: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments Just wanted to post to say that this is the last weekend to enter the drawing for Werecat The Rearing (Book 1) by Andrew J. Peters Werecat: The Rearing over at Bibilophilic Book Blog:

http://www.bibliophilicbookblog.com/2...

The drawing ends on June 30th. Good luck and thanks for checking it out!

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments For August, my birthday month, I'm running a contest and a giveaway of Werecat on my blog:

http://andrewjpeterswrites.com/?p=2739

message 4: by Rick (new)

Rick Bettencourt (rickbettencourt) | 14 comments Happy birthday. I like your writing influences.

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments Thanks for the b'day wishes, Rick. Who are your favorite authors?

message 6: by Rick (new)

Rick Bettencourt (rickbettencourt) | 14 comments I like Armistead Maupin, Anne Tyler and John Irving to name a few.

message 7: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments I love John Irving! Somehow I've never gotten around to reading anything by Armistead Maupin except for The Night Listener, which I liked a lot. And I haven't read Anne Tyler, although I've heard good things.

message 8: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments I have a new title coming out this month:

The Seventh Pleiade by Andrew J. Peters The Seventh Pleiade

It's the story of a young gay prince who becomes a hero during the last days of Atlantis.

While the official release date is November 18th, my publisher has started selling early release e-books (all formats) and paperbacks to ship right away. Here's the link:

http://www.boldstrokesbooks.com/produ...

And, if you're on the fence, or your budget is tight, stay tuned for giveaway drawing info!

message 9: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments For people in the New York City area, the Bureau for General Services-Queer Division is hosting a release party for The Seventh Pleiade this Friday, November 22nd 8:30 - 10:30 PM. It's free and open to the public, and I will be doing book signings. :)

http://bgsqd.com/event/book-launch-fo...

message 10: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments Hey folks - Just thought I'd mention, since I'm super proud of this, I made it onto the 'YA Highway' - a popular industry blog about all things YA - with the guest post article: "Waiting for the Breakthrough LGBT Hero: LGBT Teens and Equality in YA."

You can check it out here: http://www.yahighway.com/2014/02/gues...

message 11: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments Just wanted to share that the awesome LGBT YA blog True Colorz has a giveaway drawing of The Seventh Pleiade running through March 2nd.

The Seventh Pleiade
The Seventh Pleiade by Andrew J. Peters

You can enter here:

http://true-colorz.blogspot.com/2014/...

message 12: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments Hi Everybody,

It's release day for Book 2 in my paranormal series Werecat.

Werecat: The Glaring Werecat The Glaring (Book 2) by Andrew J. Peters

Free from Benoit, the man who made him a shifter, twenty-two-year old Jacks tries to get on his own two feet while crashing with Farzan, the only person who knows about his werecat nature. It will take a grueling schedule of off-the-books jobs and a steady mantra of self-control.

Then a raid on a bodega pushes Jacks to transform into his mountain lion self to fend off a group of gun-wielding gangbangers.

Jacks scrambles to disguise the truth, but the incident leaves a thundering wake of questions. The police want to know what really happened to a freaked-out young thug in custody. Farzan, who has been crushing hard on Jacks since they met, begins to doubt that it’s safe to have Jacks living with him. Jacks wants to know where he belongs: with the man who took him in when no one else would or among his own kind. As he searches for answers, Jacks is confronted by a secret shifter society The Glaring. They have come to avenge the death of Jacks’ maker and to claim a powerful item that Benoit left behind.

Here are the links at Amazon and Barnes and Noble

Many thanks for your support!

message 13: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments Hey!

It's been a little while since I was back here at the Backlot, and I thought I'd share an event I'm participating in next week.

The fabulous Bureau for General Services - Queer Division is hosting the "Bold Strokes Books Reading: Mixed Grill" on Thursday, September 4th 7:00PM.

Here is the listing from the website: http://bgsqd.com/event/bold-strokes-b...

You'll see it features a wide range of LGBT authors and genres. I will be reading from The Seventh Pleiade and signing copies of the book. Stop in and say hi!

message 14: by PaperMoon (new)

PaperMoon | 664 comments Mod
I really enjoyed the The Seventh Pleiade Andrew. It was a boys own adventure with some fantastic action underworld/otherworld scenes. Reminds me a little of Fire Sea. Some readers may lament the overall lack of detail on the M-M romance but I didn't expect much given that this is a YA book and the main thrust is action-adventure'. The book kept my attention throughout and my heart was racing in at least two places - such fun.

message 15: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments PaperMoon wrote: "I really enjoyed the The Seventh Pleiade Andrew. It was a boys own adventure with some fantastic action underworld/otherworld scenes. Reminds me a little of Fire Sea. ..."

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about the book, PaperMoon. I'm glad that you enjoyed the book. I wasn't aware of Fire Sea. I just read its GR listing, and I can see the similarities with the underworld setting.

message 16: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments It's release week for the third installment of the Werecat series and here it is:

Werecat: The Fugitive Werecat The Fugitive (Werecat, #3) by Andrew J. Peters

For the month of November, I'm happy to provide copies of the first book in the series to Backlot members if you would like to add it to your shelves and kindly consider posting a rating or review.

Werecat: The Rearing Werecat The Rearing (Werecat #1) by Andrew J. Peters

Just drop me a line, and I will get the book out to you.

message 17: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments This is a big month for my Werecat series, and I'm spreading the word about the release of the first paperback.

Werecat: The Trilogy Werecat The Trilogy by Andrew J. Peters

It's the first three e-novelettes in one:

Werecat The Rearing (Werecat #1) by Andrew J. Peters
Werecat The Glaring (Werecat #2) by Andrew J. Peters
Werecat The Fugitive (Werecat, #3) by Andrew J. Peters

So, for paperback readers and readers who prefer novel-length books, this might be for you. :)

message 18: by Andrew (last edited Apr 04, 2016 07:05AM) (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments Hey Folks!

I'm reaching out far and wide because Werecat: The Trilogy is up for a readers' choice award at The Romance Reviews.

Voting is open through April 30th. I'd be hugely grateful if you gave Werecat a vote. Really easy to do. I'll include the link below: http://glbt.theromancereviews.com/vie...

They'll ask you to create a log-in to their site if it's your first time there, and you can do that with your e-mail address or Facebook account. That will put you on their e-mail list for a period romance newsletter, which you can unsubscribe from if you don't want it.

Thanks so much!!

message 19: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments Just thought I'd spread the word here that I have a new release out this month:

The City of Seven Gods The City of Seven Gods by Andrew J. Peters

It's another fantasy title from me, geared toward adults, and in an ancient Egyptian/Mesopotamian 'vein.' Here's the back cover blurb:

Kelemun was bought from his peasant parents to tend the inner sanctum of the house of Aknon, where wealthy men pay mountain sapphires to behold the beautiful servants of the god. Chosen to bring offerings to Caliph, Kelemun captures the fascination of the young prince Praxtor who has never been denied anything his heart desires.

Ja’bar was hired to roughhouse wayward proselytes for the high priest Aknon-Horheb. In Qabbat’lee, it’s good paying work for a Stripeling, a jungle savage in the eyes of the city natives, and if he’s stingy and stays out of trouble, it will buy him a plot of river land.

But the splendor of Qabbat’lee is a mirage disguising a grotesquerie of corruption. When Kelemun and Ja’bar’s threads of fate entwine on a night of chilling betrayal, their only hope for redemption and survival may lie in one another.

message 20: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments The fourth and final installment of the Werecat series was released just yesterday!

The Sim Ru Prophecy The Sim Ru Prophecy (Werecat #4) by Andrew J. Peters

The final chapter in the Werecat series, a finalist in the 2016 Readers' Choice awards at The Romance Reviews.

A fugitive from two murder investigations in New York City and a bizarre, big cat attack at a bank in Barbados, Jacks Dowd flees to South America to find the ringleader of a shifter terrorist organization deep in the Amazon. The world is on the brink of all-out war between shifters and humans, and Jacks needs to somehow broker a deal for peace.

But a special U.S. intelligence agency emerges as a new, possibly even more dangerous enemy. Both the terrorists and the U.S. government will stop at nothing to get an arcane codex that could unleash an unstoppable threat to mankind or exterminate werecats everywhere.

While Jacks dodges danger from both sides and decodes the ancient book, he's left with the impossible choice of how to use it.

The e-book ($3.99) is available at Kindle Exclusive, and the paperback ($16.95) is out at online retailers. It was almost four years in the making, but now you can read the series from start to finish. :)

And...the first book in the series Werecat: The Rearing just went permafree at e-book retailers if anyone wants to get started on the story for free.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...

message 21: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Peters (andrewjpeters) | 54 comments Haven't shared news in a little while, but I've got something I'm quite excited about.

I have a new title coming out from NineStar Press, and it's a little something different from me:

Irresistible by Andrew J. Peters Irresistible

A contemporary rom-com, believe it or not. Though somewhat keeping in my wheelhouse, there's an ancient world/mythological inspiration point. Here's the backcover blurb:

What if the gods created a man so beautiful, he was irresistible to anyone?

Brendan Thackeray-Prentiss is an Ivy League-educated trust-funder who Gotham Magazine named the most eligible gay bachelor in New York City. He lives for finding his soulmate, but after walking in on his boyfriend of three transcendent months soaping up in the shower with an older female publicist, he’s on a steady diet of scotch, benzodiazepines, and compulsive yoga. Men are completely off the menu.

Callisthenes Panagopoulos has a problem most guys dream of. With the body and face of a European soccer heartthrob, the vigorous blond hair of a Mormon missionary, and a smile that makes traffic cops stuff their ticket books back in their utility belts, he’s irresistible to everyone. But being a constant guy-magnet comes with its discontents, like an ex-boyfriend who tried to drive his Smart car through Cal’s front door. It makes him wonder if he’s been cursed when it comes to love.

When Brendan and Cal meet, the attraction is meteoric, and they go from date to mates at the speed of time-lapse photography. But to stay together, they’ll have to overcome Cal’s jealous BFF, Romanian mobsters, hermit widowers, and a dictatorship on the brink of revolution during a dream wedding in the Greek isles that becomes a madcap odyssey.

A gay romantic comedy of errors based on Chariton’s Callirhoe, the world’s oldest extant romance novel. Callirhoe